The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch... - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #111
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Tell me something is expensive and probably not worth it and I would have gotten a Garmin. Tell me it's impossible? I'll make you look like the foolish liars you are.
Admirable! Glad you are refusing to give up. A lot of us on here are hoping for your success. If and when you get this working you have certainly earned the right to be one smug, smug, smug bastard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #112
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
Yes he got the APIM. I took it to my guy at the dealer and he provisioned it then mine got replaced. But apparently you need more than just the apim and sd card to get nav working.

hotleadsingerguy, are you sure the sd card you got is a good one? I remember when they updated mine to 3.02 I lost nav until I got the new card in the mail from ford. You need the A3 card with 3.02 the older cards will not work. Why don't you swing by sometime this weekend and I'll plug my known good A3 card in and see if yours works.
I can't say for certain that the SDCard is good, but it was a sealed A3 version. Looking in the system info doesn't even list Nav as being installed. Guessing I just need a different module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra01 View Post
Hotleadsingerguy, is the module you ordered the audio system chassis or the APIM? I think the APIM is what gets loaded with the nav software...
It's the APIM. You can find the entire thing (including APIM) on the Fordparts site by searching for Audio Control Module. It's one of the 3 main parts listed in the diagram. Guess the one I need just isn't this one. Here's a diagram of what I mean:

The module I purchased is the one with the Red arrow. The only other 2 modules in the entire setup that could potentially hold information (I.E. be where things are installed) are the modules with the Green and Blue arrows.

The logical module is the one that I purchased, but the next most logical is the Green arrow. The screen module doesn't seem to really have much space...so it may just be the screen.

I'll keep investigating!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #113
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

And that makes perfect sense...the part is listed as having "Ice Feature Pack 25" on Fordparts, which is the code name for the Navigation feature of MFT. This was the part I tried ordering in the first place...I think I actually *RECEIVED* the wrong item from the Ford dealership. It's the actual part # that I ordered (I just checked my email).

I think I know what happened. I got the part # of the APIM module from I Bleed Ford Blue (which was required for the order), and I think the guy at the Parts counter input the wrong part # into the order form.

Guess I'll have to hit the dealership tomorrow! At least I now know which part I need.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #114
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
... Next week, on @#$%, This Shouldn't Be So Difficult....

Keep us posted!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #115
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Quote:
And that makes perfect sense...the part is listed as having "Ice Feature Pack 25" on Fordparts, which is the code name for the Navigation feature of MFT. This was the part I tried ordering in the first place...I think I actually *RECEIVED* the wrong item from the Ford dealership. It's the actual part # that I ordered (I just checked my email).

I think I know what happened. I got the part # of the APIM module from I Bleed Ford Blue (which was required for the order), and I think the guy at the Parts counter input the wrong part # into the order form.

Guess I'll have to hit the dealership tomorrow! At least I now know which part I need.
So you think you need the part with the green arrow and not the APIM?
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #116
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
So you think you need the part with the green arrow and not the APIM?
That's what I'm assuming. I don't think the screen piece actually has any memory or parts in it, so I think the only other place the application could be stored is the module with the green arrow.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #117
RedDen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103594
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 RedDen Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well, the module is provisioned and I'll be picking it up, hopefully, tomorrow during the day. When I get it I'm just going to take an hour or so from work and install it so I can let everyone know how well it works/doesn't work. All things considered, it should work perfectly after I install it (assuming Mrlandy was telling the truth!). I'll post back tomorrow and let you all know!
I have a question. Did you try to start the MFT and see if NAV is there after provisioning your module on the car with factory enabled NAV? or you did only after you put that module back into your car?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #118
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDen View Post
I have a question. Did you try to start the MFT and see if NAV is there after provisioning your module on the car with factory enabled NAV? or you did only after you put that module back into your car?
The dealership did it all and I got the module in hand after they were done. I Bleed Ford Blue said the tech said the APIM was provisioned correctly. It makes sense after doing a bit more research. The part # I told the parts department I needed isn't the APIM module -- it's the audio control module. He must have ordered the other part I listed (the one needed for the order, but not the target of the order).
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #119
RedDen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103594
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 RedDen Good Standing Member
Quote:
The dealership did it all and I got the module in hand after they were done. I Bleed Ford Blue said the tech said the APIM was provisioned correctly. It makes sense after doing a bit more research. The part # I told the parts department I needed isn't the APIM module -- it's the audio control module. He must have ordered the other part I listed (the one needed for the order, but not the target of the order).
Ok, keep us posted about ordering another unit.
I do believe as others that enabling NAV is just a software, because making different parts doesnt make sense, especially taking into account that Ford is cutting expences. The only thing I could else think of is a some physical swith on module, if it is not software.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #120
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 10 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDen View Post
Ok, keep us posted about ordering another unit.
I do believe as others that enabling NAV is just a software, because making different parts doesnt make sense, especially taking into account that Ford is cutting expences. The only thing I could else think of is a some physical swith on module, if it is not software.
Agree ^^

Thank you for sharing you experiences hotleadsingerguy. I hope you get there in the end.

Bookmarks & Social Networks