Ford bought back my 2012 Focus.... - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #21
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Considering a 2011 Fusion slammed abruptly into first gear with less than 10,000 miles on it I don't believe for a second that the problems are cured in the absolute sense.

I wish you the best of luck with the car. The 2013 Escape's I've driven have been great, but that 2011 Fusion (which was last year and not two years ago by the way later overheated and failed that same day.
You can say what you will about the Fusion and its transmission. However, it is one of the most reliable cars you can buy, and consistantly ranked as one of the top cars for the money.

Statistically, neither transmission is really that big of a problem. The forum chatter makes it seem like everyone is having an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,563, Level 65
Points: 9,563, Level: 65 Points: 9,563, Level: 65 Points: 9,563, Level: 65
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The 2.0L EcoBoost certainly pulls like the old 3.0L v6 while on boost, and the Escape isn't too heavy for it, but an Explorer is too much mass to haul around with such a small engine without it feeling strained. The Edge is also a touch porky with the engine as it still weighed in around two tons, but at around 3500lbs the escape should still feel ok.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #23
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
The 2.0L EcoBoost certainly pulls like the old 3.0L v6 while on boost, and the Escape isn't too heavy for it, but an Explorer is too much mass to haul around with such a small engine without it feeling strained. The Edge is also a touch porky with the engine as it still weighed in around two tons, but at around 3500lbs the escape should still feel ok.
I agree, the Explorer and the Edge are pigs with the 2.0T. A smaller 6 cylinder turbo or a larger four cylinder turbo would work much better in those two ton monsters.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,142, Level 34
Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
After about 1 year of working with Ford, the dealership, and field engineers coming out without resolution to the problems with my Focus, Ford bought my Focus Titanium back. I am now an owner of a new 2013 Ford Escape Titanium with the 2.0L Ecoboost turbo 4. I thank Ford for acknowledging my customer loyality and that my car had some serious issues they were unable to resolve. The dealer stepped up and worked with Ford, which took care of the situation in the end. If you would like to read more about a portion of the issues, read here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267424...
It's frustrating when reading about the issues you had with the Focus. I'm so happy that we were able to step up for you; customer satisfaction is tops. Please let us know how the Escape is doing from time to time. Remember to grab a badge too: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/2013+escape/yes/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Wow. Glad you finally got this resolved, but it sure sets a scary precedent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Man... Even I almost had an anxiety attack just reading that. I have no idea how you dealt with that. I wouldn't have had nearly that much patience. I'm just glad you got a car that won't give you a headache now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhda420 View Post
I would have had them sell me a focus st........
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
That's great that you got everything resolved and you're happy with your new vehicle. It's gotta be nice to finally have all that weight and stress lifted from your shoulders. My wife is thinking about the Escape and I told her it must have the 2.0 Ecoboost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I guess I find myself wondering why the Escape isn't at risk of having some of the same bugs as the Focus, being the first model year of an "all-new" design and all. I think if I'd had such a bad experience with my Focus I'd try to get into a '12 Escape or Fusion, in other words something with a few model years behind it so the kinks are already worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball40dtw View Post
No DCT, different engines, and the platform bugs should be worked out because its had additional revisions from the Focus. Two of the three engines were already being used in the US, and the 1.6T has been out for a few years in Europe. There will still probably be a few kinks, but you can't order a 2012 Escape of Fusion. It is just dealer stock now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Glad that your situation ultimately worked out for you and I hope you enjoy your new ride!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
It's funny, where I work I know three dudes who drive Escapes, and one guy drives a Fiesta. The Focii are all driven by women. Go figure!
Quote:
...The second time was in the middle of nowhere in Ohio headed back from Cedar Point along State Route 2. This was of course the last day of a long weekend and I had my first day of work at my new job that was the one I'd have when I graduated university, that was a hell of an adventure trying to get home before the end of the evening...
Quote:
...I wish you the best of luck with the car. The 2013 Escape's I've driven have been great...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VH5150 View Post
Glad that you got everything resolved. As someone who went through Lemon Law procedings, and ultimately a buy back, back in '90 on a Ranger, I've felt your pain. Glad to hear that you stuck with the Blue Oval. Good luck with the Escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
You seem happy with the outcome, so I gather Ford did much better than fair market value on the trade-in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball40dtw View Post
You can say what you will about the Fusion and its transmission. However, it is one of the most reliable cars you can buy, and consistantly ranked as one of the top cars for the money...
Hey everyone -

Thanks for showing csvt2060 your support! I hope the new Escape will perform very well for him and his family. Please remember to PM me if any of you experience issues with your Focus; I'll look into it with your Customer Service Managers. Your story sounds like mine, suss6052; I've been to Cedar Point and got home around 2:00 AM the next morning.

Take care,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #25
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Thank you Thomas for the kind words and for helping out on this forum. It's a great resource even without owning the Focus anymore. The 2013 Escape has been impressive so far and I am happy I can now continue to support Ford in a positive light.

I think everyone in the bordering states of Ohio have been to Cedar Point. My favorite park by far and worth the 4.5 hour drive home after midnight.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,563, Level 65
Points: 9,563, Level: 65 Points: 9,563, Level: 65 Points: 9,563, Level: 65
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
On the topic of Cedar Point have you seen the new ride for next year? http://www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper/the-ride

That looks like it will be quite interesting and a good replacement for Disaster Transport.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #27
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I test drove the Escape Ti last weekend and it was Great! Actually the drive was very Focus like...you are just sitting higher! Lots of power in the 2.0 Ecoboost!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #28
Visioned
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93729
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Focus SE

FF Reputation: -1 Visioned Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
As long as you know that you didn't win the battle. You just gave them more money. lol
Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #29
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
First time living with the MyFord Touch "performance upgrade", as I refused to update my 2012 Focus to it. It's still a bug ridden piece of software, and a step back in graphics design, but I have resolved my self to ignore it as much as possible and enjoy the rest of the vehicle. I did send the issues to Ford and they claim there is another release in beta stages right now. Not holding my breath as the current version was touted as the cure all to the issues and reboots, which is clearly not the case.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #30
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
After about 1 year of working with Ford, the dealership, and field engineers coming out without resolution to the problems with my Focus, Ford bought my Focus Titanium back. I am now an owner of a new 2013 Ford Escape Titanium with the 2.0L Ecoboost turbo 4. I thank Ford for acknowledging my customer loyality and that my car had some serious issues they were unable to resolve. The dealer stepped up and worked with Ford, which took care of the situation in the end. If you would like to read more about a portion of the issues, read here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267424

Note that it doesn't list issues that occured after the last time that thread was updated, as I didn't want to post for fear of overstepping my bounds as the buyback coordination was in process. Overall, it took about 1 year to get it done--acknowlegement of the problems, buyback offered, new Focus ordered (came with bad steering rack, said I am done with the Focus, another story), my new Escape ordered, and buyback/delivery paperwork complete. The Focus was an early build--April 2011. The new Escape was built in June 2012. It was a long process but well worth the outcome and the wait.

I am sad to see the Focus go, as the chassis is one of the best I have driven, handling better then most Mustangs I have owned. I put 23,000 miles on it and averaged 37MPG lifetime with the 18" tire/wheels. Great styling, execution, and options. Embarrasingly, one of the least reliable Fords I have owned, and ridden with glitches, quirky behavior, and poorly programmed electronics. DSG transmission was a love/hate relationship but ultimately was a constant battle between the shudder, shift flare, and poor shift schedule programming. Also very frustrating for the past year was how early in the release of this vehicle, Ford was dening each and every issue that was brought up with these vehicles.

As far as the new vehicle, the dash gauges and many of the controls are the same as the Focus. You can also feel it was built off the Focus chassis, as handling and road feel are excellent for an SUV. Smooth and quiet on the road, one downside is the Continental tires, same as the Focus. The transmission is a conventional 6 speed automatic, with manual shifting buttons, with excellent shift strategy and gearing. Some of my favorite features are the 2.0L Ecoboost engine (excellent torque all the time), the Vista Roof, HID headlamps with LED running lamps and cornering lamps, and the hands free (kick to open) liftgate. I have 2,500 miles on it so far, only issues are build related, misaligned hood and errant bolt rolling around under seat, both resolved. MyFord touch is still the bug-ridden "performance upgrade" version, but Ford told me there is a beta version of another release being tested right now. FINALLY, rain-sensing wipers that work like they should! Consistant timing between wipes, and can leave it in AUTO all the time without the dry wipe at startup!

So I wish there was this good of a forum for the Escape, but maybe in time there will be. In the meantime, I have asked the administrators here to add an Escape sub-forum since there is so many similarities between these vehicles. I will hang around even so as there is much to learn and I would like to keep up on the Focus to see how Ford (hopefully) progresses the ongoing issues with the Focus. I wish you all well with your vehicles and for those struggling with unresolved issues, keep on them, as it can only bring good to yourself and all the other's out there dealing with the same.
Wow, after ALL those issues you should have gotten a Civic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks