Dodge Dart review and possible new focus owner - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
focusauto01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101157
What I Drive: 2002

FF Reputation: 1 focusauto01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm a huge fan of dodge's vehicles as far as engine and drive train go. Of coarse I own a focus, hence the reason I'm here. But I also own a 2003 ram 1500 sport edition with the 4.7 v8. I've got 193,000 miles on it, and have never had a single problem with anything what so ever on the vehicle besides the air bag light coming on at random times. I mean, I've never even had suspension components wear out, no starters, alternators, nothing. Just good maintenance, oil changes, filters, plugs, wires, one battery, and other things on the maint. list! No matter how many people hate on the dodge, well I've had good personal experiences with them. And you can't beat that price, 15,999?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
If it had 193k on it the suspension was worn out compared to new parts. I change my shocks and coils on all my cars at around 100k miles and the diff is night and day with new parts.

Maintenenace is the key but some cars do better than others if maintenance is ignored and older Toyotas and Hondas could be quite abused and still be fine but I'm not one of those people.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Yep, the Dart is a loser. 1.4L turbo'd gets you 160 HP with sloppy acceleration. Edmunds ragged on it too.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Dodge can't hide cheap as well as other brands do. The Focus is an above average $20k car but there are some details that leave a little bit to be desired over other brands I've experienced but overall I'm quite content I bought the exact Focus I did.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #25
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Sorry to hear that Dodge replaced one turd with another. I like the looks of it, but it sounds like it's a POS just beneath the skin.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #26
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
i find that 8 out of 10 salesmen have no idea about the product they are selling. 6 out of 10 aren't even "car guys".
Your right, I'm not really a car guy.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I guess it's like any other job, when it's treated like just a job. It's a hobby and an interest for me to learn all I can about cars, so product knowledge would be my strong suit in car sales. It's the selling that I'd fail at. Since I really couldn't care less if someone buys something or not, I wouldn't stand to earn much money.

Selling cars requires that you care, at least to some degree about what you're selling. The girl that sold me my car knew little to nothing about it, and once I was sold & gone, that's where the customer service stopped. To her, it was just a job.... and it showed.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #28
zx3batman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98364
What I Drive: 2006 pitch black zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 1 zx3batman Good Standing Member
I think that especially since it is a "new model" that the dealer should at least know what the car can do, He seemed like he didn't want to be there, maybe because we are younger and don't know what we are doing. When we went to the Ford dealership the guy new a lot about the focus, It was kinda nice to see both types of salesmen i guess.

I was really hoping the Dart would at least be a little competition for the focus, maybe when the R/T comes out, but i'm not keeping my hopes up at all.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #29
DJ2BIG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49192
What I Drive: 2012 Winter Frost SE

FF Reputation: -6 DJ2BIG Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I sell Nissan and I can tell you the focus blows away the sentra and the Altima by far

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #30
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
dunno, i'd rather pick up a new sentra spec-v with teh upgrade pack simply for the actual limited slip. the way i see it any deficiencies can be sorted out by the aftermarket. after all its why they are there. and i'm sure i'm going to end up playing wit hit.

Bookmarks & Social Networks