July Sales - Focus Falls to Fourth - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
That's all skewed by the fact that almost 50% of Focuses went to the fleets in those first few months.
50% of what? And some proof would be a good idea when you present this as fact, yes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
50% of what? And some proof would be a good idea when you present this as fact, yes?
Sorry, that was discussed at length on another thread. I thought it was common knowledge.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/27/f...old-to-fleets/
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #33
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
What???

When did the production of the 2012 Focus start (and when was it fully "ramped-up")?
Ford was selling a 2011 Focus from January 2011 alongside the 2012 Focus which started arriving in customers hands sometime in April 2011.

The 2012 year to date sales show that the new Focus is selling very well, and I will think at a higher average transaction price.

Ford is not in a sales race and has stated so many times. Fords priority with the new Focus is to make a profit on each unit sold, which was a missing element on the previous Focus according to statements made by Alan Mulally President of Ford Motor Company.

Also Ford North America profits appear to be showing that 2012 sales are profitable. Being number one on the sales chart is good for bragging rights, but if it is not profitable, what good is it.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #34
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Sorry, that was discussed at length on another thread. I thought it was common knowledge.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/27/f...old-to-fleets/
The article was called out for not been based on factual data. And was actually proven to be bogus, to the point that the author edited the original statement which stated that over 90,000 Focus in the 1st quarter went to fleet. But when it was proven to the author that Ford has never sold over 90,000 Focus in any 2011 quarter, the author edited it to read 45%.

And again I ask 45% of what.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #35
kam327
-----<M>-----

Quote:
Ford was selling a 2011 Focus from January 2011 alongside the 2012 Focus which started arriving in customers hands sometime in April 2011.

The 2012 year to date sales show that the new Focus is selling very well, and I will think at a higher average transaction price.

Ford is not in a sales race and has stated so many times. Fords priority with the new Focus is to make a profit on each unit sold, which was a missing element on the previous Focus according to statements made by Alan Mulally President of Ford Motor Company.

Also Ford North America profits appear to be showing that 2012 sales are profitable. Being number one on the sales chart is good for bragging rights, but if it is not profitable, what good is it.
My main intellectual curiosities with sales numbers are the changes relative to the rest of the segment which indicates changes in the appeal of the car (and speculating whether those changes are due to good or bad press, etc.) and changes as a result in rebate amount changes (i.e. the effect of rebates).

Being a Ford fan I also wouldn't mind seeing them have the most popular vehicles in each segment but I agree that's not the most important thing to their business or to the shareholders.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #36
kam327
-----<M>-----

Quote:
The article was called out for not been based on factual data. And was actually proven to be bogus, to the point that the author edited the original statement which stated that over 90,000 Focus in the 1st quarter went to fleet. But when it was proven to the author that Ford has never sold over 90,000 Focus in any 2011 quarter, the author edited it to read 45%.

And again I ask 45% of what.
It would be nice if you followed your own advice and provided proof behind your statment.

And there's really no need to be a d*ck about it. Why has this apparently gone up your posterior sideways???
Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #37
kam327
-----<M>-----

At least the Escape bested the CR-V for the top spot last month.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #38
euro_zx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29329
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 euro_zx5 Good Standing Member
I cannot believe how the corolla sells... we rented one last month (that had 4000kms!) on a trip and it was the worst car I have ever driven. Horrible quality all around, gutless is actually an understatement, and a horrible car to drive. The power steering would never track straight on the highway, any uneven ground and the car pulled side to side. I seriously wonder if people test drive other cars before deciding on shoddy crap like the corolla.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #39
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
Wow, it's always hard to believe that the Corolla sells so well given it's age and all. ... I guess people buying them are searching for a car that has a rep. for reliability or something.
Maybe my 1995 Corolla was the armpit of the freeway, but no car should be leaking oil at 75k, with transmission fluid gaskets on the verge of dripping fluid 10k after that. Or, rather, that's the only car I had such problems with after 7 years of operating it... apart from the 1981 Prelude, which was over a decade old and had 180k+ on it...
Old 08-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #40
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
You didn't get the joke I see.... its nothing to do with Japanese cars...LOL... its the US economy, and how your government has a lot of debt to China and of course, and they're becoming impatient with payments, etc. You notice how many mainstream tv shows lately (comedies mainly) make reference to that? <-- see what I did there.. (Panda, from China....LOL)
And like our government is any smarter? Who do you think is buying up and will eventually control our petroleum industry? That's right, the Chinese.
Sorry for derailing the thread but that had to be said.

Bookmarks & Social Networks