You can beat one. - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #31
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Focus Racer S2
HEY Black ZX3. What do u have under your hood. Im dying to know. You know what? Why don't u post back when you have actually raced a couple of people in the highway with traffic. Here's something you should keep in mind. 1)When racing on the highway with traffic you're always between lanes avoiding traffic. It's not easy. 2) I didn't beat the car by a spank we were basicly between lanes all the time. 3) I barely won because I saw the opening and took it. Finally MY CAR HAS A COUPLE OF MODS I KEEP A LID ON. And for the record Ive driven a couple of SVTF's stock and modded SO I KNOW JUST HOW GOOD THEY ARE AND HOW FAST THEY CAN BE WITH SOME MODS. My car is not stock. Just because it's an ATX doesn't make slow.
Your ATX with those mods is making roughly -10whp than my car dynoed at stock.

Try again.
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2004, 11:55 PM   #32
johnnyskywalker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2536
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 johnnyskywalker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Focus Racer S2
HEY Black ZX3. What do u have under your hood. Im dying to know. You know what? Why don't u post back when you have actually raced a couple of people in the highway with traffic. Here's something you should keep in mind. 1)When racing on the highway with traffic you're always between lanes avoiding traffic. It's not easy. 2) I didn't beat the car by a spank we were basicly between lanes all the time. 3) I barely won because I saw the opening and took it. Finally MY CAR HAS A COUPLE OF MODS I KEEP A LID ON. And for the record Ive driven a couple of SVTF's stock and modded SO I KNOW JUST HOW GOOD THEY ARE AND HOW FAST THEY CAN BE WITH SOME MODS. My car is not stock. Just because it's an ATX doesn't make slow.
If there was no traffic though don't say you could beat one. If it was an open highway the svt would whip you. I've been behind one before on the highway and he really didn't pull on me but I didn't bring him in either and I've got a 2.3 with cai, tb, udp. So i don't want to hear you can beat one on an open highway, MAYBE in traffic but no other way.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #33
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Oh yeah, by the way, what kind of chip do you have? What engine code?
Old 11-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #34
FocuzdZX5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7906
What I Drive: '01 CD Silver ZX3(mine) '04 Light Tundra ZX5(wifes)

FF Reputation: 1 FocuzdZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'll say it agian - In traffic it is about the driver and almost nothing about the car.

Big deal if you have beat an SVT in traffic. I have beaten many sport cars in various cars, a Clubwagon, Explorer and Yukon to name a few.

Had - AEM cai, Eibach Dampers/Sportline springs, FC Knobs, 98 Edition Euro Bumper, FC TB, FS strut bar, FC wire cover, FR plug wires, Eibach Sways(frt/rr), FC header, bosal flex, Borla 2.5 cat back.

Long tyme no post!
origanal FF #: 2221

e-mail frostyj@cox.net

Last edited by FocuzdZX5; 11-13-2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:01 PM   #35
Vassili95
Banned

Fan#: 371
FF Reputation: 1 Vassili95 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by FocuzdZX5
I'll say it agian - In traffic it is about the driver and almost nothing about the car.
..LOL. Makes me think of that white CRX that was passing us at like 130 mph from our way back from McNews day..:)

And to Lastrites....BlkZX3 has raced many cars and specially a red SVT lots of times. I was behind watching the whole time.

Peace...
Old 11-13-2004, 03:06 PM   #36
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Hey, I'm on the sidelines on this one

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 11-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #37
CowsGoMoo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
I love it how people say "it's all about the way you drive", when you have a damn auto. You put one hand on the wheel, one had smoking, one foot pushing a pedal. What is so difficult about that?...A barely stock focus will not beat an is300, nor a hemi truck, and definetly not an svt focus.

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:16 PM   #38
Focus_sucoF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2502
What I Drive: black zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Focus_sucoF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by CowsGoMoo
I love it how people say "it's all about the way you drive", when you have a damn auto. You put one hand on the wheel, one had smoking, one foot pushing a pedal. What is so difficult about that?...A barely stock focus will not beat an is300, nor a hemi truck, and definetly not an svt focus.

yes thats the way a typical person would think about an atx focus after driving only a standard, but after driving an atx u learn differnt tricks such as flashing the converter or clickin the o/d button at certain rpm ranged theres alot more then just mashin down the gas, cause accutally with some atx if u mash down the gas its gunna acctually bog down then go, no w the beating an is300 or a hemi on the hwy...thats bs they wasnt racin u just thought they were they prolly just pressed the gas a lil more ive beetn a hemi b4 but thats with headers exhuast plugs wires nitrous and couple other thingsand that was also at 90+mph ive also raced a few svt focus with nitrous i can beet one but i have 2 do a double shot take one hit and when it wears off take another, thats the only way u really gunna beet one cause once that second stage of the intake kicks in on those it makes it a hell of a lot harder to keep up with.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #39
WinnipegZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3051
What I Drive: Your Mom!

FF Reputation: 1 WinnipegZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
After reading this I asked I started to wonder:
"Did they even sell SVT Focus' in Puerto Rico?" Maybe an ST170 but not an SVT.
I thought it would kind of weird if they did. So I emailed the contact on the SVT website and asked them if they had ever sold the SVT Focus in Puerto Rico.

The answer...

....no

I guess a lot of people must import SVT's down there.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #40
frostangelnj13
Banned

Fan#: 7993
What I Drive: 2001 silver se

FF Reputation: 1 frostangelnj13 Good Standing Member
once again u people amaze me is300 are slow cars number one. my friend raced a stock is300 from a light and he beat it he spanked actually. he has a accord v6 with an intake chip and exhaust. iam faster then him off the line and i held my top end too. so from a line even though i havent done it i think i can beat one stock upgraded i dont thik so. and for the hemi, he and i were hittin around 115 on the parkway. thats our major highway here for you people who dont know. iam a btter driver then most people take me for. my car is pretty fast and i dont kow why svt people think their cars are so fast cause their not. even duretec people think they are something.

Last edited by frostangelnj13; 11-13-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.