Where are the 5-speeds???? - Page 27 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #261
Tjrommel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114674
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white Sedan 5M

FF Reputation: 1 Tjrommel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It seems if I'm in traffic and not on the brake and controlling speed with clutch it will try stalling out if I don't launch at 1500rpms or so forcing me to dump the clutch. But if I tap the break I can launch at 800-900rpms. Makes no sense to me lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #262
electricbeach
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113132
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 electricbeach Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Not sure why you have to do that either. I know I can go from a stop with only like 1K rpms and be ok, granted on a flat surface.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #263
FocusSE2.0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112411
What I Drive: Schwinn

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSE2.0 Good Standing Member
Thumbs up Possible Remedy for Engine Bog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjrommel View Post
anyone notice the "anti-stall" feat ford added? I am starting to find it VERY annoying when you have traction control ON because it bogs down the engine and nearly impossible to take off without stalling on gravel or something soft. pretty much only way to launch is to keep foot on brake and ease off clutch until the "anti-stall" crap kicks in and let off brake and go with it. anyone else notice that? sorry for the English cbf typing proper on iPhone :/
I did some reading and came to find out that you can turn off the traction control (TC). The procedure is posted here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...7&postcount=10 Unfortunately, it resets to "On" when you shut off the engine and restart it. I drove the car with the TC off and immediately felt a noticeable improvement. I was able to "feather" the clutch from a standing stop at lower RPMs and the engine didn't seem to bog at lower speeds. There does not appear to be a way to permanently disable TC without pulling the fuse or fabricating some type of bypass. Give it a try and see if you notice a difference.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #264
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusSE2.0 View Post
I did some reading and came to find out that you can turn off the traction control (TC). The procedure is posted here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...7&postcount=10 Unfortunately, it resets to "On" when you shut off the engine and restart it. I drove the car with the TC off and immediately felt a noticeable improvement. I was able to "feather" the clutch from a standing stop at lower RPMs and the engine didn't seem to bog at lower speeds. There does not appear to be a way to permanently disable TC without pulling the fuse or fabricating some type of bypass. Give it a try and see if you notice a difference.
Trying in the morning.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #265
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Tried it. Yes, seems to make starting off at lower RPMs more smooth. Not worth the hassle of having to turn it off each time to me. Traction control in a manual...that is a first for me....I thought feathering the clutch took care of that!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #266
FocusSE2.0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112411
What I Drive: Schwinn

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSE2.0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
Tried it. Yes, seems to make starting off at lower RPMs more smooth. Not worth the hassle of having to turn it off each time to me. Traction control in a manual...that is a first for me....I thought feathering the clutch took care of that!
Yeah, common sense would dictate..... something the engineers at Ford seem to lack.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #267
electricbeach
Focus Enthusiast

I'll have to try this out later.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #268
electricbeach
Focus Enthusiast

Tied the traction off today and did not notice any real improvement. Try out making a clutch stop like I did (post #239) It makes 110% difference.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #269
23Focus13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114986
What I Drive: 13 Focus SE Hatchback 5M White

FF Reputation: 1 23Focus13 Good Standing Member
5M here and wife HATES IT ! She wants me to sell it and get something with an auto trans...not going to happen!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #270
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Focus13 View Post
5M here and wife HATES IT ! She wants me to sell it and get something with an auto trans...not going to happen!
What specifically does she not like about it?

Bookmarks & Social Networks