Where are the 5-speeds???? - Page 25 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #241
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

Points 2,969, Level 33
Points: 2,969, Level: 33 Points: 2,969, Level: 33 Points: 2,969, Level: 33
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The manual in my new 2013 se feels fine to me. It has a softer feel than my Jetta did. I find that the gearing is higher than the Jetta and I almost stall if I try to roll stops in second gear. I do like that fifth gear gets me at 3K rpm at 70mph rather than 3500 in my Jetta! I thought it was odd that it didn't come with a six speed bu after driving it..its probably not necessary.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #242
romaczx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16581
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue ZX3

Points 298, Level 5
Points: 298, Level: 5 Points: 298, Level: 5 Points: 298, Level: 5
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 romaczx3 Good Standing Member
Last may I was so adamant about the manual that I passed on getting a hatch (which I wanted) because they were all automatic in about a 200 mile radius. I wound up going for the sedan in s trim just to get my manual transmission, but I'm hindsight i kinda wish i woulda got the hatch after my mom got one recently and i drove it the last time i was at her place.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using FF Mobile
Zetec Crew #64
2013 Fiesta SE
2012 Focus S - Sold
2003 Twilight Blue ZX3 - Sold
2001 Yellow ZX3 - Sold
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #243
Mesaman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113211
What I Drive: 2013 Tux Black SE Hatchback Manual

FF Reputation: 2 Mesaman Good Standing Member
Well equipped manual hatchback

About a year ago I wanted a Focus HB and test drove a 2012 Titanium but disliked the DCT so much that I did not even drive the car out of the dealer's lot. And I really wanted a manual but there were none available. I ended up buying a new Hyundai Sonata. However, the more I drove the Sonata, i found the steering drifted at highway speeds and I still did get the manual tranny I really wanted.

Fast forward one year and recently I was able to find a well-equipped Tux Black 2013 Focus SE HB with the manual tranny, leather, rear disc brakes, ambient lighting, and the machined black 17 inch wheels! I was able to do an even trade for the Sonata. I have about 900 miles (including 200 miles in the mountains) on the Focus so far and absolutely love the handling, the 5 speed, and pretty much everything else about the car.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #244
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

Points 3,695, Level 38
Points: 3,695, Level: 38 Points: 3,695, Level: 38 Points: 3,695, Level: 38
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesaman View Post
About a year ago I wanted a Focus HB and test drove a 2012 Titanium but disliked the DCT so much that I did not even drive the car out of the dealer's lot. And I really wanted a manual but there were none available. I ended up buying a new Hyundai Sonata. However, the more I drove the Sonata, i found the steering drifted at highway speeds and I still did get the manual tranny I really wanted.

Fast forward one year and recently I was able to find a well-equipped Tux Black 2013 Focus SE HB with the manual tranny, leather, rear disc brakes, ambient lighting, and the machined black 17 inch wheels! I was able to do an even trade for the Sonata. I have about 900 miles (including 200 miles in the mountains) on the Focus so far and absolutely love the handling, the 5 speed, and pretty much everything else about the car.
Good on you!

My story is similar, test drove Ti DCT @ a year ago etc., but I just went ahead and ordered a Ti 5speed. She's coming up on 1year, 26k+ miles. Loving this little car!
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 05-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #245
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

Points 2,969, Level 33
Points: 2,969, Level: 33 Points: 2,969, Level: 33 Points: 2,969, Level: 33
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 Tigeo Good Standing Member
There were several manual's to choose from, mine came from out of state. If you want one, you just need to be patient or flexible with other options it seems. I would have ordered/waited to get it if they were not able to locate the one I bought.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #246
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

Points 509, Level 10
Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
There were several manual's to choose from, mine came from out of state. If you want one, you just need to be patient or flexible with other options it seems. I would have ordered/waited to get it if they were not able to locate the one I bought.
I drove 2+ hrs to get mine. The dealer was a pretty bad dealer too, but I wanted the car so much I put up with it. After driving a few hours to sign the paperwork, they claimed it wasn't in yet. As we were leaving we walked around the lot. We saw the car still all wrapped up. I guess they couldn't be bothered to do any of the prep work for it then, so I had to drive an extra 4 hours there and back to get the car the next day. That takes what, 30 minutes, an hour? If the car is sold why not do it!?

Locally my only option in a hatch with the sport package and stick was a yellow blaze, which was a bit too strong for me.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #247
Alexleblanc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114169
What I Drive: '13 F250 XLT 6.7/'13 Focus Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 1 Alexleblanc Good Standing Member
i had to order mine and i'm still waiting for it now. Only manual on the lot was an ST, i tried it and i've been wanting ever since, but other plans will take care of that want.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #248
scoobtothenoog
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114029
What I Drive: 2013 SE

FF Reputation: 1 scoobtothenoog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Got the only 5 speed in my area. Was exactly what I wanted too, grey se sedan. I got very lucky. The next closest one was 4 hours away. Paid $15,5k. I don't think there is another new car out there that can touch it for the price.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #249
Mesaman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113211
What I Drive: 2013 Tux Black SE Hatchback Manual

FF Reputation: 2 Mesaman Good Standing Member
What I Paid

Relative to my post yesterday, I paid $19500 after the $2500 rebate. My pricing was predetermined by the X Plan that Ford has for employees of some large companies. Thats a very nice discount off a car with $25,335 MSRP. There is no haggling with the x plan and Ford only allows the dealer to charge $100 for the "documentation fee."
Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #250
scoobtothenoog
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114029
What I Drive: 2013 SE

FF Reputation: 1 scoobtothenoog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I used xplan as well

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.