Glove box door disassembly - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Dondi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91943
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Sedan 5 spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dondi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Glove box door disassembly

Hello all,

I let something slip into the slot on the inside of the glove box door that was to small to stay put in the slot. It was a small card about 1/3 the size of a credit card. Now I need to get it out to use it. The only way I can figure is to remove and disassemble the glove box door. Has any one needed to do this (for any reason) that could give some hints? I can't even figure out how to remove the door from the car.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
I wish it was as easy as the Mazda 3 is where the whole box assembly is held on by a few screws and some plastic clips but I doubt that's the case, when you open the door there should either be exposed screws or caps on top of screws that may be holding the two pieces of the door together, try there first? Otherwise check a parts site like Tousleyfordparts.com and find the glovebox assembly, they show the diagram of the parts which may give away how it's constructed.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Dondi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91943
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Sedan 5 spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dondi Good Standing Member
Thanks,

No screws. I think it's snap together (isn't the whole car?). I'll check out Tousleyfordparts.com and see if it's helpful.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondi View Post
Thanks,

No screws. I think it's snap together (isn't the whole car?). I'll check out Tousleyfordparts.com and see if it's helpful.
Probably is snapped together. You're right about that one.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
SterlingArcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100651
What I Drive: 2012 SE hatch, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 SterlingArcher Good Standing Member
You could try removing the cardboard piece below in the footwell. Theres two plastic posts that slide off on either side of the footwell light and that cardboard piece will come off. Thats where my registration ended up when I put it in that slot, which only appears useful for the manual.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Removing the glovebox....

1. open passenger side door and remove the dash end cap (the part of the dash that butts up against the door when closed...) Its held on with just clips, and pulls straight off

2. Remove the Torx screw holding the glovebox in behind the dash end cap..

3 Open the globebox. Reach up inside the little access hole in the upper left corner of the glovebox and disconnect the AUX IN socket from the wiring harness, and remove the top two torx screws holding in the glove box..

4. Remove the Interior BCM/Fuse Block access panel by squeezing the two yellow retaining "things" and pulling them off.. Look up inside at toward the rear of the the bottom of the glove box to locate and remove the final two torx screws...

5. glove box pulls straight out toward you...

Installation is reverse of removal..

as far as getting the door off from it once removed.. I didnt have to do that when i took mine out as I was trying to access the Body Control Module and wiring harness behind it, so your on your own as far as how to get the door off the thing once its out.

Bookmarks & Social Networks