spark plug wires overheating? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
jonathan2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101071
What I Drive: 2001, grey, se sedan spi soch

FF Reputation: 1 jonathan2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
spark plug wires overheating?

i have a 01 focus spi 2.0 and it sounds bad and after you run it for a while it shuts off(mostly on a stop) the spark plug wires seem to overheat and its not the motor thats over heating i think its the spark plugs or wires? the exhaust manifold was cracked and the egr gasket was old and falling apart. i changed the cracked exhaust manifold and put new gaskets and it still sounds the same and im pretty sure its still gonna overheat. any help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Chustle209
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 38994
What I Drive: 2003 Blue LX SPI

FF Reputation: 1 Chustle209 Good Standing Member
why do you think the wires are overheating? are they physically hot to the touch? if you have isolated it to the spark plugs/wires for sure (which to my limited knowledge doesn't sound like it would be this problem) have you made sure the plugs are properly gapped?

what do you mean by engine sounds bad? rev pattern off? stutters going up hill? There are a lot of people here who will help, just need a bit more to go on.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
jonathan2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101071
What I Drive: 2001, grey, se sedan spi soch

FF Reputation: 1 jonathan2012 Good Standing Member
yes they get really hot.
you think if i properly gap them it will help the heating problem?
its loud and i saw that the exhaust manifold was cracked so i changed it and while i changed it i saw that the catylic converter is also cracked so i think the loud noise is from the converter

Bookmarks & Social Networks