Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Redwake's ZTS

30K views 149 replies 25 participants last post by  redwake 
#1 · (Edited)
As it sits now

Lentech

Mim mustang wheel restoration

Some old interior shots (wire tucks since these)

Hidden after market fogs

Lowes lip

Modifications:
Performance: 3" Cat-back; K&N Type Air filter; FSWERKS Tune; Scan Guage 2 Computer; Lentec ATX
Curb Appeal: 44" Thule Fairing; 2" drop; Projectors; Vinyl Visor; Hidden Fog Lights; Indeglo Gauges; CF Hood
Entertainment: 2din In dash Touch Screen LCD DVD,BT, & iPod Video Input; Dual rear LCD DVD; 10" RF Sub

Future plans:
FSWERKS Turbo; Plasti-dip Door Pillars & Front Cowling

See less See more
#3 ·
Not great cell phone pics but...

Can take more when the cars out of the body shop next week

This cluster overlay has a wired remote control to change the colors. I don't use green any more I use blue and my scan gauge computer on the column has been changed to match it as well.

Some one else with the same cluster:

#8 ·
Thanks for the compliments and feedback :). The mods you see current state are not going to be changed.. I’m probably going to rattle can the small strip on my front bumper below the lower grille and above the lowes lip there is some gravel pits and paint chips from a previous owner… I want to put a shift boot on my ATX because the indicators are scratched.. I may end up changing to an MTX style shift knob. But the big item now is saving for FI leaning towards Turbo but SC is also an option at this point. Will be quite a while before I have funding allocated for this but unless some one else backs into my car its going to happen.

I also have some OE ford centercaps that should fit those wheels i'm going to try to get on in the next week or two (they aren't going to just snap in i'm going to need to mod the pressure ring).

Wiring for the cluster is a breeze and by no means the most difficult part of the install.. you just need to splice into the fuse box using a lead that’s only hot when the head lights are on.

The more difficult part is removing the entire cluster to install it taking all the needles off and the governing pins. you also need to remove the OE light bulbs that illuminate the cluster. Your factory dimmer is effectively eliminated by doing this. The BEM remote has a dimmer on it and I’m sure there is a method for splicing into that wiring harness to get it to work but i did not go that route.

Removing the needles on the cluster is probably the most time consuming element because when you put them back on you need to re-calibrate them. my MPH is still a little off but i gave up on it. Having the scan gauge computer you see on my steering column helped me quite a bit in re-setting these gauges.

Overall install time for me was about 2.5 hours; that would have easily been doubled without having an accurate reference to re-set my gauges.

There are Saleen clusters vs. this aftermarket solution. But, be warned if you go this route they do not include the indigo lighting you have to figure that part out on your own.

Also, your mileage is stored in your cluster so if you swap the entire thing your odometer reading will not be accurate. For me this overlay was the best option and I’m happy with the result… the only complaint I have is some of the numbers/icons don’t light up exactly with the factory ones no matter how hard you try because they used the funky font. After a couple weeks I got over it.

#10 ·
It's new.. Put less than a quarter mile on the new atx driving it from the transmission shop to the body shop. Supposed to be getting it back tomorrow.

I'll be bringing my xcal3 with me to add some shift pressure although I did feel it already without a flash.

Also just got a letter from DMV assume its them saying my custom plates are ready.

My old oe Atx is up for grabs if any nor cal folks wana give me core value.. Also have a new in box trans cooler.

#12 ·
I picked up the tranny at better than 50% of retail cost... The plan was going to be to rebuild my stock Atx with the lentec guts (this is the most effective route) however I was approached by some one online that had a new unused lentec in the crate for a very reasonable price.

I will say that I got the thing installed parts and labor for less than $1500 which is how much the local shops charge for a oem replacement + shift kit.

A tune is not required for the transmission. It will just help it shift a little faster/firmer.

Retail on the entry level lentec is $2000.. However there are more cost effective routes to go.. This guy just seems to have built a brand that's recognized in the focus community. Plenty of shops all around the US that can offer the same level of quality and will handle the typical street modifications.

#13 ·
got my car back...

i'm not claiming to be 'stanced' (its a dd that hauls kids and groceries and i find my self trying to beat my last MPG score as often as i am pulling corners) but here are stance specs:

Wheel Brand/model/Spec: Mim 16x7.5 20et (Model 4100? Designed for 79-93 Mustang)

Tire Brand/model/Spec: 195/45 Continental Pro Contact

Suspension parts: Spring tech 2" springs (Blue)

Drop and alignment spec:
Fenders: 24" F, 23.5" R
Wheel gap: 1.75" F, 0.5" R

Camber
Front -0.5
Rear -3.3 (-2.5 of that is natural)

Toe -0.03

Fenders were lightly rolled.. Inner lips are bent almost completely back at the crown of the rear fenders. I experience rub in the rear only under extreme conditions.

Some more adjustments are in order but its going to sit like this for a while.. going to put more focus on the motor over the next year.

#15 ·
wheel brand/model/spec: Mim 16x7.5 20et (model 4100? Designed for 79-93 mustang)

tire brand/model/spec: 195/45 continental pro contact
[:p]

center caps are pending.. i have some OE fusion caps that are *probably* going to fit. i would have put them on already but the paint was just retouched.

#19 ·
maybe i completely missed it. but what wheels are those and what are the specs?

looks good man

#22 ·
Thanks for the feedback.. The grille is clear just noticed I didn't have a pic of it.

I have considered painting the lights.. Once done it can't be undone so waiting to see if a cf hood is in my future. If it isn't this hood needs paint.

#26 ·
I like the wheels as well, Your first pics make it look like you need to go another inch lower since you got a poke and stretch going. Just need a SERIOUS roll and pull.

#29 · (Edited)

Touched up gravel pits on front bumper, installed modified ford fusion center caps, and lastly a 'One Less Prius' decal on the bumper..

Not sure about the angle/placement of that decal so opinions welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.