Anyone find a wiring harness for 2012 6 speaker radio? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
DoogieB
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101748
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Sport

FF Reputation: 2 DoogieB Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone find a wiring harness for 2012 6 speaker radio?

Anyone found a 3rd party wiring harness for the 2012 6 speaker radio? I would like to make a pass-through cable so I could run a small amp for the speakers without cutting the factory wires so I need something with male and female plugs.

I'm happy with the features of the Sync radio: The satellite, bluetooth and USB are nice but the output amp on this radio seems very weak which makes a speaker upgrade a non-starter. I was looking at doing a similar setup for the Focus as these guys did to their trucks:

http://www.f150forum.com/f30/small-4...stalled-96750/

Yeah, I know, you can't win any competitions with that little amp, but I would be happy just to try to clean-up the muddy sound that comes out of the system and this setup is a LOT less work than running wires back and forth to a amp in the trunk.

I don't really want to try to do all that wire work inside the car as it would be SO MUCH easier to get that all worked out on the workbench in the shop, hence the need for a cable I can mod for the pass-through.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Fastlane54
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98286
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sport HB, Red Candy-203A

FF Reputation: 1 Fastlane54 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieB View Post
Anyone found a 3rd party wiring harness for the 2012 6 speaker radio? ...

I'm happy with the features of the Sync radio: The satellite, bluetooth and USB are nice but the output amp on this radio seems very weak which makes a speaker upgrade a non-starter. I was looking at doing a similar setup for the Focus as these guys did to their trucks:

I have the same six speaker system in my SE Sport and found upgrading the speakers to be a good place to start, providing a significant improvement.

I like the idea of adding a compact amp near the HU with or without the harness, although using a harness would be ideal. I wonder if the unused wiring is in place for the factory sub or only if you get the Sony system?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
jrn146
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 275
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red SE 5 door 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 jrn146 Good Standing Member
Fastlane, what kind of speakers did you put in?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Fastlane54
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Polk Audio MM6501 & MM651 speakers ...
a sub would be a good addition but it sounds way better than stock already.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
hamhead
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99846
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 hamhead Good Standing Member
hey FastLane, what EQ settings are you using on those Polk speakers? ive read around on this forum and most people are saying that you will need a Line out Converter and a separate amp, otherwise if you just change the speakers, the sound wont be better since the output from the stock head unit is crap... this is whats deterring me from upgrading my audio system, because i was just thinking of upgradign the speakers instead of splicing a LOC and amp in there...

so.... does the aftermarket speakers make a HUGE difference or does it make the deficiencies of the stock amp more apparent?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Fastlane54
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamhead View Post
hey FastLane, what EQ settings are you using on those Polk speakers? ive read around on this forum and most people are saying that you will need a Line out Converter and a separate amp, otherwise if you just change the speakers, the sound wont be better since the output from the stock head unit is crap... this is whats deterring me from upgrading my audio system, because i was just thinking of upgradign the speakers instead of splicing a LOC and amp in there...

so.... does the aftermarket speakers make a HUGE difference or does it make the deficiencies of the stock amp more apparent?
I have the setting from the stock HU flat with the Polk speakers listed in my profile. I don't doubt the system would sound even better adding a LOC and amp (and sub), but the speaker replacement was a big improvement over the stock speakers. I think it is the combination of speaker quality and 94db rating that make these Polk speakers a good initial upgrade to the sound system.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
HotPotato
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112784
What I Drive: 2013 tuxedo black C-Max

FF Reputation: 1 HotPotato Good Standing Member
Stereo wiring harness 2012 2013 MK3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieB View Post
Anyone found a 3rd party wiring harness for the 2012 6 speaker radio? I would like to make a pass-through cable so I could run a small amp for the speakers without cutting the factory wires so I need something with male and female plugs.

Yeah, I know, you can't win any competitions with that little amp, but I would be happy just to try to clean-up the muddy sound that comes out of the system and this setup is a LOT less work than running wires back and forth to a amp in the trunk.

I don't really want to try to do all that wire work inside the car as it would be SO MUCH easier to get that all worked out on the workbench in the shop, hence the need for a cable I can mod for the pass-through.
This is exactly what I want to do. I have a 2013 C-Max, which is basically a tall Focus with a hybrid powertrain, so I assume the wiring harness for the stereo is identical...but I have not been able to locate one on the aftermarket, and I'm leery about cutting wires in a car still under warranty.

Anyone find a stereo wiring harness out there?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Give these guys a call , when I couldn't find a wiring harness for my 2013 Fiesta they knew exactly what I needed.

http://www.installer.com/index.php
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month
Old 04-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #9
HotPotato
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112784
What I Drive: 2013 tuxedo black C-Max

FF Reputation: 1 HotPotato Good Standing Member
Nope, they don't have one. It gets worse... I'll post about my amp nightmare shortly.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
badabing88
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99391
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE

FF Reputation: 2 badabing88 Good Standing Member
aftermarket speakers on factory mk3 h/u =pooooooooooooooooooooooop

why, because its how mine is atm, im about to get a double din and call it a day :P

plus adding the amp will give the power the new speakers are craving but....... its the sound processing that makes it such a headache so in order to fix that you need to get a soundprocessor as well and it still wont be as good as a real h/u IMOP...

with that being said... the hell with sync and get a real deck :D
and really if u really have to have it you can get either a kenwood deck that has that sync support with the add on unit or the axxess frst module...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->