Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 factory sub or part #

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  AeR0_84 
#1 ·
just wondering if anyone can post a pic of where the factory sub is in a hatchback 2012, i know its on the right side, but have not seen it.

if by any chance anyone has a part # for the panel that would be appreciated too.

my car came with the basic stereo pkg and i want to add the sub in the same location so i figured i could get the subwoofer panel and put a shallow mount sub in there and make it work for me, just better than factory!

thanks guys!

#2 ·
Here are a couple pics of the housing. But from what I know, if your focus didn't come with the 10 speaker premium system, then you don't have the small cut out in the back right side where this speaker fits. It didn't really fit flush and did take up some room, so you might be better off getting a regular 10" sub and a small box.

Mine just cost 50 for the speaker and 30 for the box.

Heres what mine looks like. You can see the bolt sticking out where the 8" factory sub was. It fit in that corner, but not flush, kinda looked Mickey Mouse.

#8 ·
FYI, MTX stated that they are going to have a thunderform box for the hatch back. I called about 2 months ago, and they mentioned at the end of the summer. I am very anxiious, and I love the idea of an all in 1 system.

#9 ·
Contacted MTX and was told this -
"Thank you for your interest in MTX ThunderForms. We do not currently have one in development but your suggestion has been sent to our R&D department for review"
Bummer - I asked them to recommend an alternative. Back to square 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.