Dealer damage on new Focus - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
One point about looking for another car.. When I wanted my Yellow blaze SE with stick and stuff, No one in my large metro area had ANYTHING like it. (1.5 million population and many Ford dealers.. not one Yellow Blaze, and only a few 'S' manual trannies available in all ... jerks!) So after one local dealer spent several hours going around in circles with me over 'getting' a car I wanted..
I just did a search on my own at home.
(I wish i knew which site i used, as it allowed me to search inventory by key words. the ONLY ONE.. All the others i had to slog through endless lists of cars i was not even remotely interested in..
Anyway. put in SE manual Yellow Blaze, and POP up pops ONE CAR within 100 miles.
Sixty miles away in some little farm town.
Amazing that dealers' salesman was ON LINE too when I hit the site to look aat the car. (as it FATE put me in touch with my new car....)
ANyway, i texted the guy, we arranged an appointment that day.
I went, saw, bought, all in one hour. Even got the internet discount..

Anyway, the moral is you now can search out your own car, anywhere up to as far away as you are willing to drive.
And when dealers trade cars, it is a trade.. they both have to want the other car, and plenty of dealers just do not want a car another dealer wants to get rid of.. (why trade a car folks want, for one the other guys cannot sell???)

GET THE EXACT CAR YOU WANT!
The local salesman I was trying to work with wanted me to sign something BEFORE he got the car. (before he even checked to see if he could actually GET that car_) And I was not interested.
When I spoke to the dealer who had my perfect car and they said they would never trade it away. Someone over a thousand miles away had asked for it, and he knew they had a car folks wanted.

Any dealwill service a car, even ifthey did not sell it. (true a few offer free loaners to new car buyers.. but other than that perk, who cares if you bought it elsewhere)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
laned
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101442
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Manual Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 laned Good Standing Member
It looks like they'll be calling me again today to provide a time frame on the repairs, it sounds like sometime this week they'll be done but I'll know more when they call. If the color doesn't match on the replacement, I'll be sure to point it out and go from there and I'll be sure to look into possibly getting a further discount either way since I do know of the damage that occurred. But as Graves said, this appears to happen occasionally and in the end though, what does it really change. If the cars bumper was scratched on the assembly line and replaced at the manufacturer or if it was hit at a gas station and replaced with factory parts, it's essentially the same thing.

All in all though, if it's a bumper hit and only the bumper was damaged and is fully and properly replaced without affecting warranties, etc. I'm not too worried about it. I asked if any structural damaged occurred and was told no, if it had occurred I would surely walk away or ask for another vehicle.

As for getting the exact car I wanted, I am getting the exact car I wanted. After the initial mishap (dealer got wrong car) myself and the dealer went through and found a car as I wanted it and this is the one with the bumper damage. What I am getting is a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE in Sterling Gray Metallic with a manual transmission as well as Sync & MyFord (202A package) along with a few minor things and 4 free oil changes plus car washes (about $150 value) for $17,100 out the door. I think this is a pretty good deal so I'm alittle hesitant to walk away.

I'll try and get some photo's of the damage to see what every thinks and if there's anything to be wary of with where the car was hit.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Not trying to beat a dead horse because you sound like you've made up your mind, but this is simply not true:

"If the cars bumper was scratched on the assembly line and replaced at the manufacturer or if it was hit at a gas station and replaced with factory parts, it's essentially the same thing."

While the parts may be the same, the paint quality won't.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laned View Post
As for getting the exact car I wanted, I am getting the exact car I wanted. After the initial mishap (dealer got wrong car) myself and the dealer went through and found a car as I wanted it and this is the one with the bumper damage. What I am getting is a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE in Sterling Gray Metallic with a manual transmission as well as Sync & MyFord (202A package) along with a few minor things and 4 free oil changes plus car washes (about $150 value) for $17,100 out the door. I think this is a pretty good deal so I'm alittle hesitant to walk away. .
Does it have the 'Sport package"? and which wheels? 16" or 17"
"WITH" sport package YEAH! good deal.
Either 16" or 17" wheels are good...

(My 2012 SE with sport package and same 202A option, also sunroof and 17" wheel option I paid $21,000 last year end of August...) Not too many wheelings and dealings when i texted the dealer 60 miles away and just said yeah i want that car!! It is the only one like it in a 120 miles...
Old 07-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Not trying to beat a dead horse because you sound like you've made up your mind, but this is simply not true:

"If the cars bumper was scratched on the assembly line and replaced at the manufacturer or if it was hit at a gas station and replaced with factory parts, it's essentially the same thing."

While the parts may be the same, the paint quality won't.
Yeah agree on paint. Never gonna have as good a paint as the factory.
Maybe some exotic car restore places with $10,000 paint jobs will. but any normal one is gonna be with a lesser quality paint, and not as well applied.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
laned
Focus Rookie

Okay, so I talked to the dealer some more this afternoon about the repairs. According to them, the repairs are being done at the dealer's collision/repair center and the replacement parts are coming from the factory painted and ready for install which certainly sounds better than them trying to match the color at the repair center. It turns out though that the "small" dent and a few scratches is resulting in the replacement of the rear driver side lights, the plastic undercarriage and the rear body panel. It seems the more I dig into the incident the worst the damage seems to be. And from the photo they sent me, it looks like there could be some minor damage to the left side of the trunk door.

Does anyone know if there's anything important housed where the main collision took place such as electrical components, mechanical components, etc? Well it doesn't look like it in the photo, my main concern is possible mechanical damage to the rear axle/tire assembly. Until I get a chance to look at the repairs in person, I'm beginning to lean toward another vehicle unless the dealer can cut me a deal.

As for the price, I had the dealer send me the window sticker as well as photos of the damage, let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
Graves
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39724
What I Drive: 2005 Yellow ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Graves Good Standing Member
Here in Florida we had to disclose the damage if it was over so much on the window.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'd ask them about the diminished value but really it doesn't look terrible. They have a plan to replace repair everything and the price is fair too.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
What price are they offering?
This is the first I've ever heard of a bumper cover coming from the factory pre -painted, and gotta say it took some talent to put a crease like that in the bumper with another car. Not that it matters, but that damage smacks of being backed into the corner of a building.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
laned
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
What price are they offering?
This is the first I've ever heard of a bumper cover coming from the factory pre -painted, and gotta say it took some talent to put a crease like that in the bumper with another car. Not that it matters, but that damage smacks of being backed into the corner of a building.
The price they were offering me before the incident was $17,100 total (tax, title, etc.) I asked the sales rep what kind of vehicle hit it but he couldn't give me a definitive answer as he said his finance manager was the one with it when the incident occurred. I was told the repair department should be giving the sales rep a time frame on the repairs tonight so I should be getting an idea of when it'll be done soon.

I just realized something as well, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the exhaust come out near where the vehicle was impacted?

Bookmarks & Social Networks