Rotor Upgrade Questions - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I'd simply tell them you want SVT rotors for the rear (or whatever model you got them from) and front rotors for the particular year and model Focus you have. It need not be anymore difficult than that. If they give you a dumb look simply tell them you upgraded the rear from drums to discs using available stock parts from another model Focus.
Thanks Geezer!

I am going to stop at NAPA after work and I will see what they come up with. I will let you know $$ when I get them.

Also I am not going to be replacing the front rotors, just the rear.

EDIT: If I get the standard rear rotors for an SVT (which is what the breaks are from) will they be bigger than my front rotors and if so will this cause any problems?

Last edited by DarderSauce; 07-18-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
not on your 08. they will be equal size as your front rotors. and no this wont cause an issue.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
not on your 08. they will be equal size as your front rotors. and no this wont cause an issue.
THZ!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #14
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Stock '05-'11 rotor diamater= 10.9'' & svt rear rotor diameter is 11'= close & no big deal. A great up grade for the front is the svt bbk= 300mm rotors & bigger calipers that bolt on w/ no issues. SS brke lines are a great upgrade. Your looking for 10mm x 1 female to 10mm male size 3 hose. Just add your lenght. Sample= Earls 630110_ _ erl add the lenght you need. For the rear on my car I went w/ 18'' lenght. The russell kit for svt's is way to short for the front.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #15
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Stock '05-'11 rotor diamater= 10.9'' & svt rear rotor diameter is 11'= close & no big deal. A great up grade for the front is the svt bbk= 300mm rotors & bigger calipers that bolt on w/ no issues. SS brke lines are a great upgrade. Your looking for 10mm x 1 female to 10mm male size 3 hose. Just add your lenght. Sample= Earls 630110_ _ erl add the lenght you need. For the rear on my car I went w/ 18'' lenght. The russell kit for svt's is way to short for the front.
Ya when I ordered them (special order from IN) they said they needed the last (or first ) three numbers off my VIN number to determine what size I needed. After asking what the difference was between them they said it was either the 10.9" or the 11"... I just said I would go with the 11". They also said they would call me when they came in and it took me until I got home to realize..... They didn't take my phone number so it looks like I will try checking with them Wednesday next week. All said and done they cost me $115.?? so not bad IMO

Oh thanks so much for the hose specs, I have searched but have not had any luck finding the info I needed on them. Not quite sure what the quoted part in red means but would you happen to have a link as to where I can get the correct SS Break lines (Front/Rear)? Thanks in advance man, really appreciate the info!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Hey, so I am still a little confused on brake lines. For the guys that did the rear break swap on an 08+, what length lines did you use? Can someone just put up a link with the lines that will work?

Thanks!

P.S. Felix I looked for Earl break lines but was not confident enough to order in fear that I will buy the wrong thing.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #17
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Look at the threads on your oem brake line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Hey, so I am still a little confused on brake lines. For the guys that did the rear break swap on an 08+, what length lines did you use? Can someone just put up a link with the lines that will work?

Thanks!

P.S. Felix I looked for Earl break lines but was not confident enough to order in fear that I will buy the wrong thing.
Look at your threads & hose size on your oem brake hose & then figure out the lenght you need.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Can't you just order the break lines for an SVT?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2004-Fo...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 07-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Can't you just order the break lines for an SVT?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2004-Fo...sories&vxp=mtr
The russell brand ss lines I find are to short for the front & svt's use 4 lines in the rear. Look up Batinc.net for ss lines.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
The russell brand ss lines I find are to short for the front & svt's use 4 lines in the rear. Look up Batinc.net for ss lines.
Alright I just ordered the SS Lines from BATINC.net

Here are the part #'s I used:

Front Brake Hoses* (pair) H419 $42.50
*all focus models including SVT

Rear Brake Hoses* (pair) disk H419RD $42.50

Couple thoughts about ordering from BAT:
1. They don't have online ordering (.pdf catalog only) so you need to give them a call @ the number on the website.
2. They ask for the part number of the item you want so don't call w/out one. I had the part #'s I needed so not sure if they could have looked them up with a description.
3. I don't know who I talked to because they did not give their name when they answered the phone. I thought this was a standard greeting rule
4. After ordering I didn't get a total, when I asked for one the woman said, "depends on the shipping area and the weight of the package". I asked if it would be around $100 for everything shipped and she said, "Shipping should be around $10." so hopefully under $100 ($50 cheaper than anywhere else I could find).
5. I was a little nervous giving them my credit card information but all the questions they asked regarding checking/billing information were standard info most websites ask when taking your order.

I will keep you guys updated on fit/shipping/quality of the lines I get from BAT so you can benefit from the good $$ they have for their SS lines. I will also update the thread with pics of the Rotors and the calipers (fresh from paint) so you can see the progress.

Thanks again to everyone that helped me with this (especially felixthecat +1 given)

Bookmarks & Social Networks