My thoughts on mods - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,104
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow View Post
I've been searching around. FSWERKS' header gives an amazing gain compared the F2 and Obx respectively. I think my car may be an exclusive FSWERKS product. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Should I get it all now or wait for a tune to be released?
Are you worried about CARB compliance? That header may be a no-no.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #32
FocusOnMeNow
Focus Enthusiast
 
FocusOnMeNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97757
Location: Whittier, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SE 5 Speed

Posts: 206
FF Reputation: 1 FocusOnMeNow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I wanted to get an ST. That was the plan however ny insurance abd dealer markup make this car unaffordable to me. The next thing for me is to lightly mod my SE to give it a little more umph. Intake, exhaust, header, tune. Done. Ultimately, I'd get a 5.0. Gasoline is too expensive, and I'd get into too much trouble.
FocusOnMeNow is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:43 AM   #33
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 8,588
FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow View Post
I wanted to get an ST. That was the plan however ny insurance abd dealer markup make this car unaffordable to me. The next thing for me is to lightly mod my SE to give it a little more umph. Intake, exhaust, header, tune. Done. Ultimately, I'd get a 5.0. Gasoline is too expensive, and I'd get into too much trouble.
Great start on some performance mods ^^^^^. Don't forget suspesion & brake upgrades too. You should be able to bolt on st/escape 12.6'' rotors & calipers.
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:07 AM   #34
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Posts: 12,119
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
I dissagree there, direct injection makes boost on higher compression engines easier. The downfall is, no one that i have seen have gotten into the di injectors yet. Right now, the best bet is rs injectors if... they are bigger. Behind that, will be the clutches. Which is a phone call away with people around here.

Even with the talon not being di, I'm still running 10.5:1 with out issue on muchbhigher than stock boost on a 60mm Turbo.
It's easier to make power by boosting a high compression engine but it's harder to boost safely.
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #35
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96992
Location: Marion, IA
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

Posts: 216
FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Theres one big advantage to buying a lower end Focus and adding the aftermarket go fast goodies (or down the road, the ST powertrain...) Granted it will cost $$$ to upgrade the lower end focus, but over the long term, Insurance rates will more than balance it out. The insurance on my S is dirt cheap... the ST? 6 month premium goes from dirt cheap to holy shit!!!
Chaddz3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 4,096
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Insurance is driver dependant and not everybody would have high insurance. My insurance went up $15/month after replacing our '09 Focus with the '12 and adding the STI including full coverage on my 4Runner.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #37
StockTalon
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94771
Location: Troy, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Posts: 1,854
FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
It's easier to make power by boosting a high compression engine but it's harder to boost safely.
Again, you missed the point about direct injection, high compression and boost. Gone are the days where you have to run 8:1 to run a little boost. OEMs are running 10+psi on 12:1 with direct injection now.

Its a whole world that people don't understand yet. Gone are they days of 8.5:1 and race gas to run 20psi on any decently sized turbo. With DI and E85, the realm of whats possible should be interesting to say the least.
StockTalon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #38
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Posts: 12,119
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
Again, you missed the point about direct injection, high compression and boost. Gone are the days where you have to run 8:1 to run a little boost. OEMs are running 10+psi on 12:1 with direct injection now.

Its a whole world that people don't understand yet. Gone are they days of 8.5:1 and race gas to run 20psi on any decently sized turbo. With DI and E85, the realm of whats possible should be interesting to say the least.
No, you seem to have missed my point. I made a generalized statement about the hazards of boosting a high compression engine. In fact, I have even agreed that boosting our engine would be possible.

You seem to be putting yourself as the subject matter expert here, so why don't you go ahead and fab it up and let me know how it works out for you.

I'm really getting tired of you constantly trying to argue with me and condescend accordingly. If you have a problem with me or my posts, feel free to takeit up with me via PM. Stop derailing everyone's thread by trying to appear knowledgeable because you are going to cause an inexperienced person to blow the side out of their block.

Put up or PM. That's on you.
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #39
StockTalon
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94771
Location: Troy, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Posts: 1,854
FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
No, you seem to have missed my point. I made a generalized statement about the hazards of boosting a high compression engine. In fact, I have even agreed that boosting our engine would be possible.

You seem to be putting yourself as the subject matter expert here, so why don't you go ahead and fab it up and let me know how it works out for you.

I'm really getting tired of you constantly trying to argue with me and condescend accordingly. If you have a problem with me or my posts, feel free to takeit up with me via PM. Stop derailing everyone's thread by trying to appear knowledgeable because you are going to cause an inexperienced person to blow the side out of their block.

Put up or PM. That's on you.
You're right, everything I have stated is 100% false and made up.
StockTalon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #40
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Posts: 12,119
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Fail.

Le sigh.
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.