Moar TQ Down Low? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL330 View Post
I'm scared to turbo mine, I'm expecting over 400 rwhp n/a.
86mm in a T4 frame and call it done.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
JL330
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99616
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus S

FF Reputation: 1 JL330 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
86mm in a T4 frame and call it done.
I saw a guy with a similar setup and a more restrictive intake put down 700 with a 76 mm turbo. I'll probably eventually go that route, it's just not in the works until I get my business started. I'd like to get 900 to the wheels when I do though.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 13,561, Level 75
Points: 13,561, Level: 75 Points: 13,561, Level: 75 Points: 13,561, Level: 75
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Tb = throttle body. It's just a spacer between the throttle body and intake, I honestly don't see it being too beneficial.
You got that right, A TB spacer was beneficial on an older carbureted car because it gave the air and fuel more time to mix before reaching the cylinder. Since on our cars (and every care these days) fuel is introduced right at the cylinder they serve no purpose.

Makes a nifty paperweight tho!
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
You got that right, A TB spacer was beneficial on an older carbureted car because it gave the air and fuel more time to mix before reaching the cylinder. Since on our cars (and every care these days) fuel is introduced right at the cylinder they serve no purpose.

Makes a nifty paperweight tho!
A phenolic one will help keep heat out of the intake manifold since, most cars have coolant lines running through the throttle body. It also, indirectly makes the plenum larger.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
JL330
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
A phenolic one will help keep heat out of the intake manifold since, most cars have coolant lines running through the throttle body. It also, indirectly makes the plenum larger.
The time spent making it isn't worth the gains you'd get from it. Lengthening the intake runners with a phenolic spacer, you could fab this using a gasket to match the ports, would likely be a better option. Until someone tries it, we'll never know.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
malinowski
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100365
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 malinowski Good Standing Member
The engine is a 2 liter 4 banger, low to mid-range torque is gonna be hard to come by. I really don't know much about this engine but I would assume that the most torque you'll pull out of it at usable RPMs could come from a supercharger or stroking/boring the engine.

If you put a supercharger on the engine, it would have a good increase in torque and horsepower throughout the entire powerband, but especially more-so at lower RPMs (compared to a turbocharger or N/A mods).

If you were to bore or stroke the engine, you would increase the displacement, so the engine would go from a 2.0 liter to, say, 2.3 liters. If the Focus puts out 159hp and 146tq at 2000cc stock, or 79.5hp/L and 73tq/L, you could assume that another 300ccs would boost those numbers to 183hp and 168tq. Those numbers are definitely just predictions. But still, a theoretical extra 22 ft lbs of torque would be helpful and would most definitely be felt at the low and mid-range.

My advice for right now-- wait for others to lay the foundation for mods and prove the reliability of them.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
2005zx4thewin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90285
What I Drive: 2005 black zx4

FF Reputation: 1 2005zx4thewin Good Standing Member
Adjustable cam gears allow you to shift your power band either direction, u could add a cam kit to really widen your powerband, along with shorty headers and full exhuast, with a short ram or cold air intake, you could really do work on your powerband as far as tweaking goes
Day
Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #18
thepuma09
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102716
What I Drive: 2012 race car red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 thepuma09 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I've always worked on modulars that shine on the top end and suck down low. I can't wait to finish up my 5.4 project, it should make tons of low end and can still rev to around 8k if my intake doesn't max out, not a lot of testing on the boss 260 intakes.
not tryin to hate but a 5.4l that revs to 8 isn't seen everyday wat bottom end u running
Old 08-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
JL330
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuma09 View Post
not tryin to hate but a 5.4l that revs to 8 isn't seen everyday wat bottom end u running
A 5.4 4v isn't seen every day. Lol
It's got a ford forged crank, before they switched to the cast ones, Mahle pistons and forged I beams but I forgot what brand because I build the block a couple years ago.

I have stage 3 ported c heads and a ported boss 260 intake too. I'm thinking of making it a short runner.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.