AppLink Available on 2013 - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #61
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Correct. It's only non-MFT 2013 model year Focuses so far.

EDIT: Suss, is it on the 2013 S models? <- US S, not Euro Zetec S - obviously. lol
Base S with the standard 2/3 line display and aux in in the glove box? Not that I'm aware of, however for 2013 they made the 6 speaker sync w/ myford stereo optional on the base S for $295 on the sticker which should have applink compatibility same as the 2013 Focus SE 200A with sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yeah, I notice the complete lack of input/information from Jaclyn on this one!
Its as though they know they have nothing to say further.

Initially they kept claiming it was coming and that the engineers are working on it, but somehow unless they changed the modules completely to something that is not compatible in the 2012 it should just be a software patch away but they won't let us even try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #62
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,947, Level 33
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Initially they kept claiming it was coming and that the engineers are working on it, but somehow unless they changed the modules completely to something that is not compatible in the 2012 it should just be a software patch away but they won't let us even try it.
Hopefully at the worst it's a software+firmware upgrade and not a completely different piece of hardware for you guys. If it is completely different, we know you'll never see it.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #63
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91864
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 kb911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Hopefully at the worst it's a software+firmware upgrade and not a completely different piece of hardware for you guys. If it is completely different, we know you'll never see it.
more likley it will be an additional cost addon at this point getting quite annoyed with the lack of information my friends piece of crap veloster has its own version of applink not to mention every ford post has been about applin latley on fb and also news of how they are outsourcing applink to any vendor that would like to integrate it...apparently they are too busy
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #64
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Man, I figured if anyone knew of any hardware/module changes it would be you suss. You seem to have a really good handle on this stuff. I kind of get the feeling there must be because if it were all the same, like you said, a simple software patch/update. Should be a no-brainer if the hardware is truly the same.

Regardless, often times silence actually says a lot more than words.

Seems there is similar sentiment going on at the Explorer forum as well (last few posts):

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...=312673&page=5
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #65
suss6052
Focus Addict

Points 9,903, Level 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 33%
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Man, I figured if anyone knew of any hardware/module changes it would be you suss. You seem to have a really good handle on this stuff. I kind of get the feeling there must be because if it were all the same, like you said, a simple software patch/update. Should be a no-brainer if the hardware is truly the same.

Regardless, often times silence actually says a lot more than words.

Seems there is similar sentiment going on at the Explorer forum as well (last few posts):

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...=312673&page=5
As far as differences in the APIM (the brains of the sync module) for these cars I am not that familiar. How the engine and transmission work, or where to find things in the manual sure, but not the electronics as well. At least not at the minute detail to say why one was running sync g1 v3.1.1-3.1.4 or 3.2.1 or 4.0.2 which was the version that people say their 2013 Focus is running with appllink.

IVT has been mum on the subject since the last time they claimed that they were working on it.

There is no need to work on it if the hardware is the same, its just software, but they don't even release the incremental software revisions for sync with myford that go into production which seems to indicate it was a different hardware revision behind it, even if that's not the case.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #66
rajmahal
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92698
What I Drive: 2012 Tux. Black Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 rajmahal Newbie
Quote:
As far as differences in the APIM (the brains of the sync module) for these cars I am not that familiar. How the engine and transmission work, or where to find things in the manual sure, but not the electronics as well. At least not at the minute detail to say why one was running sync g1 v3.1.1-3.1.4 or 3.2.1 or 4.0.2 which was the version that people say their 2013 Focus is running with appllink.

IVT has been mum on the subject since the last time they claimed that they were working on it.

There is no need to work on it if the hardware is the same, its just software, but they don't even release the incremental software revisions for sync with myford that go into production which seems to indicate it was a different hardware revision behind it, even if that's not the case.
Everyone should tweet to Julius Marchwiki, the AppLink Global Product Manager on twitter. I just did! Tweet to @idamaster or https://twitter.com/idamaster
Old 01-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #67
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hi, everyone -

Like I've been saying for a while, our engineers are working to make AppLink available on more models and it's slowly becoming a reality. The 2013 Focus with the MyFord radio now includes this feature. An update across the basic SYNC (Gen 1) line is also planned. As release dates are available, I'll post to let you know. In regards to MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles, I still can't speculate, but I promise to keep you in the loop.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #68
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
An update across the basic SYNC (Gen 1) line is also planned.
Jaclyn
Jaclyn, when you say Gen 1, do you mean the true first generation which was available on select '08 models?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #69
suss6052
Focus Addict

Points 9,903, Level 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 33%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Jaclyn, when you say Gen 1, do you mean the true first generation which was available on select '08 models?
I believe they are referring to sync w/ myford which is considered G1 v 3.x in the 2012 model year.

However if the hardware is exactly the same on the 2013 Focus sync g1 with myford and applink I don't see why it would take so long to make an update available based on this software load.

That's why I don't understand what the big hold up is, unless they are admitting that the hardware is not compatible and they need to re-write the programming to make it work. Which doesn't make sense from a cost perspective in the first place.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #70
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
The update page for my '08 Taurus X says my current version is "Sync VersionGen1 - V2.1"

The update page for my '12 Focus with MFT says "Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2"

I believe Gen 1 has a V3.x but my hardware does not support it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.