Another SGM MKIII Build Dyno Thread! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #21
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Why are you not posting what your air fuel is doing on the graph ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #22
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Why are you not posting what your air fuel is doing on the graph ?

Tom
I will have him shoot a copy of them, idk why he didn't. I also asked for the direct comparo of dyno's showing the temp difference, but didn't get those either.

I try to balance that 'friend hooking up another friend' with the 'data obsessed send me every-possible-graph'. ..

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
dyn085
That Guy

So I just checked with him and he said that we didn't collect AFR. The next time we get on the dyno we will get a couple runs including AFR on my current setup, and also collect it with the addition of the newmission mod.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Last edited by dyn085; 07-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
dyn085
That Guy

Ok, quick update. I finally got a chance to fab up my scoop for the Newmission mod. It is curing up overnight and I will pull it off the mold for final fitment and paint tomorrow. I am meeting up with my buddy this weekend for some cosmetic work and to take some measurements, and while I'm on the lift we may roll it onto the dyno to run a few pulls and collect some more data. Previous pulls have been made without AFR, but future pulls will be collecting data on that as well.

If things fall through this weekend then it will probably occur next weekend.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
dyn085
That Guy

Quick update. Same numbers as the last pull despite being 8 hotter with twice the humidity. Standard airflow. Two more pulls with air directed at the scool to simulate real world driving.

Afr is not collecting for some reason. Trying to get it sorted out.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
dyn085
That Guy

Ok, finally got the graphs. Each one was sent separately (odd) but I'll post them nonetheless. He also sent the uncorrected, because that is what he and I use to evaluate, but for those that were interested the conditions were approximately 87 degrees, 30.02 hg, and 45% humidity.

TQ comparo-

HP comparo-

The first two runs were done with the Newmission mod as the addition, fan blowing on the radiator. The last two runs were done with the fan aimed at the scoop to simulate being driven. While the power difference is negligible, there is a tiny gain in being driven (self-explanatory).

Ultimately, the numbers are very much the same as without the Newmission mod. I don't feel that this is in any way a bad sign for the Newmission mod; I simply feel that I am currently exhaust limited by the stock set-up. Future tests, with a more open exhaust, will probably backtrack a step or so to see how the mod affects the car.

Final note-We did try collecting AFR data, but the machine is either inop or has a loose wire. During the first three runs it wasn't collecting anything, then I accidentally bumped it while climbing out of the car and it began showing 14.7. This would have been good had that actually changed while doing the pull (which it never did)

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
dyn085
That Guy

First off, thank you Vluc for supplying this and I greatly appreciate your help and contribution in data collection.

For those not in the know I received a K&N Typhoon intake from forum member Vluc for some same-car dyno testing. I have been overly curious as to whether the homemade intakes would be comparable to the big-name manufacturers. My overall decision-it's kind of a draw. I'll explain why below, but here is a quick phone shot of the graphs from today. I will get clearer files later, but I wanted something to be able to post quickly.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but it gives a decent idea of the numbers I was looking at and the condition differences between runs. Basically, the first two runs I did were on my current setup (drop-in, ram-ish, Newmission). That is represented by run file 2 in the pic. Run file 3 was from the last set of dyno runs, as I was unsure of whether my first two of the day were affected by heat soak (I had been driving most of the morning and his dyno is across town). Run file 4 was the last of two pulls with the Typhoon installed, because there was a considerable amount of time to cool down while I did the install. It is highlighted in red.

The reason I called it a draw, despite the Typhoon clearly pulling more hp and tq, is due to the loss of power below 4200 rpm. Considering the fact that most people will be under that during their day-to-day use, the additional power down low is nice to have.

I was a little disappointed in my setup after seeing that the Typhoon blew it away above that rpm range. I was convinced that I was at the point of being exhaust limited, but after seeing this information I know that I have a different type of limitation in my setup (most likely the MAF housing to throttle body connection).

Anyways, that's the down-and-dirty. Feel free to discuss or ask questions and I will post the actual graphs after I receive them for a clearer picture.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 09-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So the typhoon actually loses power over stock below 4200,?
HN #167

Old 09-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
So the typhoon actually loses power over stock below 4200,?
Not when compared to stock, but when compared to my current setup of K&N drop-in, snorkel delete, ram-ish mod, and Newmission mod. There is about the same amount of loss below 3500-4200 rpm as there is gain above 4200 rpm.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 09-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #30
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Interesting. Any ideas why as far as a design standpoint?
HN #167

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks