Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Wiring Guide for the Sony 10 Speaker Amp?

14K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  earthling_david 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to find one? Iv searched around and can't seem to find a wire guide to the Sony 10 speaker amp. I'm going to be installing an Audio Control LCQ-1 and it would be a whole lot easier with a guide stating which wire goes to which speaker.

#3 ·
I have an 11 fusion with the sony setup, its similar. I've traced out the wiring from the amp (which is the exact same one used in the focus) and this is what I found.

(from another thread)

My fusion came equipped with sony 12 speaker sytem, it sounds OK, but I want better. I'm in the process of gathering parts to swap in a kenwood in dash nav system with multiple amps pushing 1340 watts RMS while keeping the sync working. I've done some digging in the car by pulling apart the doors to investigate and here is what I found out. Your mileage may vary, but its probably the same, BTW mine is an 11' built 11-12-10

speaker wire colors at amp

2011 fusion sel with 12 speaker sony system

these are the wires on the center plug at the amp

LF DOOR

mid - white, white/black (2,10)

tweeter- green/orange, grey/orange (3,11)

LR DOOR - white/green, brown/yellow (4,12)

FRONT CENTER - green, grey/yellow (1,9)

REAR CENTER - green/brown, purple/brown (5,13)

RF DOOR

mid - white/purple, white/orange (6,14)

tweeter- purple/pink, yellow/pink (7,15)

RR DOOR - brown/blue, brown/white (8,16)

when looking at the plug from the wire side, there

are two rows of wires with eight wires in each row

and the #1 terminal is on the top left. top row is 1-8

bottom row is 9-16. The numbers in parenthesis are the

posistion on the plug.

Located on the top plug is the sub wires

LEFT SUB - grey, green/purple

RIGHT SUB - purple, yellow

speaker locations and sizes

1 LF door 6x8 mid

2 LF door sail panel 3/4 or 1" tweeter

3 RF door 6x8 mid

4 RF door sail panel 3/4 or 1" tweeter

5&6 LR door 6x8 coax

7&8 RR door 6x8 coax

9 center of dash 3.5" full range

10 center of rear tray 3.5" full range

11&12 rear tray 6x9 subs

The amp itself is located in the trunk behind the trunk liner panel

on the right side bolted to a metal bracket that is then bolted to the

wheel well.

Your wire colors may be different, but the center plug is most likely the output, just like mine. BTW my wifes Ti has the sony also and the top or front plug is power and sub out just like mine.

#4 ·
Sony amp pinout question

That's great information about the pinouts. Thank you!

Do you also know which pins are the audio inputs from the head unit? My goal is to add my own equalization, and possibly other processing, to the signal before it goes into the amp.

My car is a 2013 ST with Sony audio, which probably continues to use the same amp.

#5 ·
That's great information about the pinouts. Thank you!

Do you also know which pins are the audio inputs from the head unit? My goal is to add my own equalization, and possibly other processing, to the signal before it goes into the amp.

My car is a 2013 ST with Sony audio, which probably continues to use the same amp.
Trying to add an eq before the sony amp would be damn near impossible. They also have a DSP built into them. They only use the front left and front right output from the headunit and the balance, fader, and crossovers for the components and sub are all built into the sony amp. When you change out the factory HU you lose control of the balance and fader. I ended up having to bypass the whole sony setup after I installed a new HU with nav, I now have 2 kenwood amps pushing CDT audio comps and coax and a 10" kicker CVR.

If you want to keep the sony amp and stock HU then get a LOC that also does signal restoration (like an AudioControl LC7i http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC7IG/AudioControl-LC7i-Gray.html?tp=37274) and run your own amps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.