Back Foam Material Deteriorating - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i dont even kno the point of it at all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Thanks for this thread. Ah, I just noticed this today as I was closing the trunk....mine is all cracked, too. Why would they use that cheap foam where it's bound to get a lot of sunlight?

Well, back to the dealer yet again....I'm going to dbl-check ETIS to make sure there is nothing else before calling.

This sort of niggling thing is why I will not buy an ST (or any other car) during first-year prod again.... (I know, I know....should have known better with my Mk3, but I really dug the whole package at that moment).
Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #23
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

finally after almost 4 months this finally got done.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
finally after almost 4 months this finally got done.
Righto but how long before it melts again?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #25
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
Righto but how long before it melts again?
exactly...might not own this car any longer so it might be someone elses prb lol
Old 12-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
amdpayne
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107810
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 amdpayne Good Standing Member
I've had the same problem of deteriorating back foam on my 2012 SEL. Disappointing... only had this car 1.5 years, and it's already got a problem like this! I took it to my dealer, and they said they took photos and sent them to Ford. That was... maybe a month ago? Haven't heard from them since. I think it's time to contact them again. Will Ford send a replacement/cover the labor cost to replace it? I imagine it's something even I could do, myself... half tempted to go out and get my own material and just do it now. Looks like it's accessible from inside the trunk. It would look better than the torn/melted stuff that's showing externally now! :/
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #27
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdpayne View Post
I imagine it's something even I could do, myself... half tempted to go out and get my own material and just do it now.
Is this Ford's plan? Sell cars with overpriced extended warranties, then ignore customers until they just fix it themselves or trade them in for an ST and make a boatload of money off of them?

What are we all doing here? Let's open our own dealerships!

EDIT: But yeah, I'd call them again and if they still ignore you, I'd cave and do it myself.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #28
amdpayne
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Is this Ford's plan? Sell cars with overpriced extended warranties, then ignore customers until they just fix it themselves or trade them in for an ST and make a boatload of money off of them?

What are we all doing here? Let's open our own dealerships!

EDIT: But yeah, I'd call them again and if they still ignore you, I'd cave and do it myself.
Ha, apparently. :/ It was left up in the air, really. When I left the dealership (I had an oil change then, and brought up the foam issue at the same time), they said they'd send photos to Ford, and that it'd take a few days to hear back from them. That was about a month ago, and no word since. I wonder if they did even send the photos. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow, yeah, and see what's up. I bought my car/have it serviced up north, but live in central IN, so I wonder if I could have the part sent to a dealer down here. They did say something like that wouldn't be too impossible if Ford agreed to send the part... but I haven't even heard if they'll replace it for free, etc.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdpayne View Post
Ha, apparently. :/ It was left up in the air, really. When I left the dealership (I had an oil change then, and brought up the foam issue at the same time), they said they'd send photos to Ford, and that it'd take a few days to hear back from them. That was about a month ago, and no word since. I wonder if they did even send the photos. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow, yeah, and see what's up. I bought my car/have it serviced up north, but live in central IN, so I wonder if I could have the part sent to a dealer down here. They did say something like that wouldn't be too impossible if Ford agreed to send the part... but I haven't even heard if they'll replace it for free, etc.
I believe others on here have had those foam blocks replaced under warranty for free.

Also, you MUST take it upon yourself to stay on top of dealerships when dealing with them. I would have called every week after going the first time to ask if they got the parts in/when will they be in. You can't assume they will follow up/call you, you must do it yourself so they know you are serious and not going to go away without answers.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
amdpayne
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
I believe others on here have had those foam blocks replaced under warranty for free.

Also, you MUST take it upon yourself to stay on top of dealerships when dealing with them. I would have called every week after going the first time to ask if they got the parts in/when will they be in. You can't assume they will follow up/call you, you must do it yourself so they know you are serious and not going to go away without answers.
That is excellent! Hopefully they'll do mine too, then.

Hmm, true. I've been intensely busy lately, so I sort of forgot about it for a while, but I'll definitely call tomorrow and see what's up.

Thank you!! :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks