For Sale: Turbo LS1ish ZX3 $7,000 - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: Miata, STi, GSXR1k

FF Reputation: 54 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
a 3.5" cut out would be fine with dual 2" just to quiet it down. there isnt any thing on the car to make it unstreetable. once its finished it will go however many miles you want. like you said there isnt a part its built with that will tear up. i build the car to be driven on the street and not just a drag car. it doesnt have a trans brake spool for that reason. if i were you i would just get another set of rear wheels/tires for DD. there drag radials wont last to long

i will include the clutch/brake pedal and resivour for 6spd t56 conversion for it. the t56 will fit with just a few mods to the car. hole in trans tunnel for shifter, cross member, and drive shaft mods. it would be an easy change just cost to much for me

switching from megasquirt to stock ecu would be pretty simple to. just have to find a donor 6spd car and get ecu, harness, few sensors, and buy you a programer. megasquirt will run the car great but i know some people prefer stock engine management and sequential fuel injection will help fuel milegage.

if you did those 2 things the i almost guarantee you the car will get better fuel mileage on the highway than the zetec or duratec will

facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #22
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
i would be interested in the t56 for use in a different project but not in the focus. thats just too damn much power to throw at a manual trans. oh god ive got some thinking to do. crap crap crap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #23
302N20
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97177
What I Drive: 1995 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 302N20 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
i would be interested in the t56 for use in a different project but not in the focus. thats just too damn much power to throw at a manual trans. oh god ive got some thinking to do. crap crap crap...
Really? My t56 magnum sees 648rwhp/742rwtq in my mustang and it's not even breaking a sweat.
1998 Explorer XLT|174K & counting...

Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #24
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
you know... its too bad. I have a 7500 student loan this year. even non turbo I would love it. before I did the loan I was looking to do a 4-7k car loan with 3k down. if you weren't so far I would have considered it... even if it were just a rolling shell (been getting a huge urge to run a Mazda 2.5 v6 in a focus even if I make it a fwd again... more likely than parting her out)

still, best of luck its a great build.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #25
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302N20 View Post
Really? My t56 magnum sees 648rwhp/742rwtq in my mustang and it's not even breaking a sweat.
you misunderstand. im not talking about all that power making the tranny blow to pieces. im talking about managing the wheel spin and what not. with a car that has that much power you have enough to concentrate on without having to divide your attention to shift gears. not to mention that the sucker has so much power that you would be shifting gears every .2 seconds anyway lol. and then factor in that every time you have to lift to change gears by hand you are loosing time that you could be accelerating which makes the car slower. well, that might be inaccurate from case to case but you see my point.

there is also the fact that an automatic is better suited for racing a turbo car anyway. you dont loose boost between gears and you can foot-brake to build boost on the line.

how much would you take for the t56 alone if i dont buy the car? if anything i think i might want to put it in my truck...
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

mike i will sell the car non turbo for 7.5k

i dont have a t56 or it would be in the car now. i said i would include every thing i have for a manual conversion in case you prefer a manual.

you are right about a auto being faster and never loosing boost. but nothing beats stomping through some gears on the streets lol

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
cycle252
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 49955
What I Drive: ....dont ask... and i wont tell lol

FF Reputation: 2 cycle252 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Bump to a good bud , plus whoever buys it and keeps the MS ECU system I'll throw in some free help if needed to get it up and running with a decent base tune to putt-putt around on.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #28
SlateTheGreat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63859
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 SlateTheGreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bump for an amazing build and to convince focusmaniac to pull the trigger and buy it >:)

Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #29
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

yeah... i got shot down everywhere i went. nobody wants to finance anything at all for a car that has been that extensively modified especially for someone whose employment is classified as temporary even though they've been working there for 3 years! GAH!!! the most i could get was 7k as a personal loan at 23% interest and it would have to be paid off in 12 months which aint gonna happen. sorry dude but i tried my damnedest. i dont even want to look at this thread anymore, it almost makes me sick i want it so bad. i might keep trying but im not gonna lie, ive kinda lost heart in the endeavor
Quote:

Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

thanks for trying. sucks. i would really like for the car to go to someone like you, that i know has fallowed the thread and likes the car

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->