For Sale: Turbo LS1ish ZX3 $7,000 - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: Miata, STi, GSXR1k

FF Reputation: 54 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
some one take out a loan. car should make 700whp and get into the 9's on the current set up.

facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #12
302N20
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97177
What I Drive: 1995 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 302N20 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool car. GLWS
1998 Explorer XLT|174K & counting...

Old 07-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
i actually just got off the phone with the bank for shits and giggles. conversation basically went: "hey i need 10 grand. okay what for? i found a ford focus that i want to buy. another one? yep. okay then... what year and model? ummm not sure on the year but its between 2000 and 2004 and it is a zx3. okay what mileage? dont know but it has a fresh engine and transmission with 0 miles since being put together. oh well thats nice, what is so special about this one versus the two you already have? this one has a turbocharged v8 in it. oh... well we cant do loans on cars that are that heavily modified. but it has a v8 in it! a turbocharged VFREAKING8!!! click hello? HELLO?! time to start selling blood again...

and im actually not joking about calling the bank and getting shot down. it didnt exactly follow the lines i specified but i think my way of narrating it is funnier lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

well at least some one had the balls to try. get a loan for something like an sti with no collateral. you dont have give them a title lol. its a personal loan. interest rate is higher but they will give you what ever you want

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

that would be the most ive dropped on a car all in one go ever. ive always had el cheapo cars that i find on a huge steal, which is basically what this is. i didnt think that i would get the money for it but you better bet your butt that if they would have given it to me that i would have been on my way down there to pick up the car yesterday. that is a one of a kind car that has the potential to be an excellent daily driver on really low boost (the LS1 is a very good engine even though its a chevy) parts are very readily available for it and relatively cheap for the motor, trans and rear end. the only things that would make life difficult with that car would be any electrical gremlins that pop up. which those make my life hell anyway. the car would undoubtedly dominate on the track and raise alot of eyebrows for sure. im seriously thinking about calling around to a few more places to see if i can get a loan for this sucker. hell, i would be willing to throw up both my zx3 and svt as collateral for it if need be. my only worry with a car like that would be insuring it. because if the car got wrecked then it would be impossible to replace
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #16
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

dammit my lady is going to kill me for this but i have to ask. if, and this is a big IF here, i were to get the dinero for this car do you think you could have it in driving shape to make a easy riding trip from there to NC? no romping the gas and probably wouldnt see over 65mph and would probably want it on lowest boost possible since it hasnt been dyno tuned yet. if i were to get it together and steal this car from you i COULD tow it home but you damn well better believe im going to want to drive it if i can.

how loud is the exhaust? i cant tell if you have it dumping out the front bumper or if you have it run under the car somewhere.
Quote:

Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #17
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

i could make the car drivable but i wouldnt trust a maiden voyage of 9hrs on interstate. plus with a 3spd and non locking converter it would be cheaper to tow for that distance.

the exhaust is loud but sounds good to me. it does exit the front bump and has a small glass pack. sounds quieter to me than the zetec with a turbo and straight 3" though. but it will set off my sti's alarm if i stab it lol

the car has had a lot of work put into it but i still consider it a project and although some day it could make a good dd it isnt ready yet. really wanting to sell it as is so i dont have to work on it any more. i believe it is at a great price for what it is, what it has, and what has been done to it even if it still needs to be finished

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

tow it is then. i have the rig for the job.

what do you think is lacking in making it a good DD? i have an old 71 c/10 with the th350 (which is about the same thing as what you're running i think) and it does fine to drive around town. too many rpms on the highway but its okay for short distances. so i cant see the issue there unless you are talking about it shifting really hard, which i would live with. leaking brake line is no big deal. i can track that down. dyno tune would be on the top of my list of priorities anyway. i would probably want multiple tunes. race gas track tune, pump gas track tune, and pump gas street tune on really really low boost lol. and i would find a way to run full exhaust to keep it quiet. so are there any other issues to make it a good DDer? i mean from what i can tell from what i saw in your build thread and this one the car is pretty much complete and done. im just trying to figure out what it is that made you quit on this car after getting so close to the finish line and putting so much work into it. and selling it for so relatively cheap too!
Quote:

Old 07-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

making it a good dd just depends on how fancy you want it or how many sacrifices your willing to make. it does not have ac or power steering and with the turbo set up running either one would be hard and ac would be expensive and difficult b/c of custom lines an condenser mounting and the stock focus vent box with evaporator and heater core will not fit so you would have to get one of the universal units from summit. power steering wouldnt be to hard, just mounting a pump and making custom lines. i have a power rack i can include with it if you want. carpet would have to be custom made b/c there is no way stock stuff will fit with the tunnel and back half. the trans is perfectly fine for DD just not good for long cruises. exhaust routing to the back would be a serious pain in the ass with an exhaust the size i have for the power i wanted. the trans tunnel has no room for an exhaust. it would have to be either outside the tunnel or a separate tunnel for the exhaust. the reason it will not fit under the car like the krugel kit is b/c my car is about 4-5" lower than the krugel and this engine and turbo will not flow good enough with dual 2.5. it needs a speedo. very easy to get one that will match the tach but i didnt want to send the couple hundred on it.

it is mainly just odds and ends and little piddly things here and there to make it a complete car. nothing really involved is left. im just tired of working on it and although i love opening the hood and looking at it i have no desire to drive it any more. just spend to long working on it and i dont like it any more like it deserves. time to let some one else enjoy it. ive learned a lot doing the car and dont regret it but i just want to pay off my sti and maybe get another much smaller project lol

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Old 07-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #20
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

A/C i can live without and do on a daily basis anyway.
power steering... meh i might want it and i might not, would have to drive the car and see how it does without it first.
what size is the exhaust that it currently has? i have dual electric 3.5in exhaust cutouts that i was going to run in a 460ci mustang project a few years ago and never used. im sure i can find a clever way to run the exhaust. it would be fine for the exhaust to be restrictive and quiet when the car is just barely cruising and then be loud as hell and flow like a beast at the flip of a switch. hell im sure it would be possible to run dual 2 inch under there and not worry too much about crushing it.
wouldnt care much about carpet. i might would end up doing that at some point but heck my zx3 doesnt have carpet and it doesnt bother me.
i wouldnt be worried about a speedo either. until i got that done i would just get someone to pace me down the road and i can gauge my speed based on the rpms.

my question on the car being a DD is from a reliability stand point. is there anything in particular about the car that wouldnt like having miles put on it because i cant really think of anything. the 5.3 is a good motor even though its chevy and the th400 is damn near bullet proof anyway. i cant help but imagine why almost every drag racer wants either that or a powerglide. and then of course you cant go wrong with the 8.8. because like i said earlier. if i spend that kind of money on a car you had better believe im going to want to drive it. sure i would probably tow it to the track if im really going to give it hell but i would really LOVE to drive it around town on the weekends and make some of the local ricers pants turn brown. and maybe mine too
Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->