Bluetooth question - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #41
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,138, Level 27
Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
Wouldn't Bluetooth MAP support be considered a big thing? Ford seemed to think so since it was ANNOUNCED in October of 2011. Newer versions of the Focus without MyFord Touch are getting 3.2, so why not the 2012 model?

What does it take before something is considered to be "needed"? Technically, SYNC itself is not NEEDED, yet most of us paid to get the feature, so where is the line drawn? I've been VERY pro-Ford for years now, yet the lack of communication and lack of updates that I am seeing is rather...discouraging. Why should I need to keep watching a site that has not shown a single update in well over a year and it seems that many have had 3.1 since 2010.
The 2012 models are capable of utilizing the text messaging feature when a compatible phone is paired, Targon. Because the iPhone is such a popular phone, a lot of customer miss out on using this, however, I'm remaining hopeful this will change with the upcoming iOS 6 update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelc1220 View Post
My Iphone4 just says "bluetooth audio" as well
Hi, Michaelc1220 -

What's going on? I'm happy to look into it, shoot me some details.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #42
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
The 2012 models are capable of utilizing the text messaging feature when a compatible phone is paired, Targon. Because the iPhone is such a popular phone, a lot of customer miss out on using this, however, I'm remaining hopeful this will change with the upcoming iOS 6 update!

Hi, Michaelc1220 -

What's going on? I'm happy to look into it, shoot me some details.

Jaclyn
The Samsung Galaxy S3 supports Bluetooth MAP protocol, but while SYNC shows options for sending text messages, it doesn't actually work. Considering the Galaxy S3 is NOT an unpopular phone, getting SYNC working fully with it SHOULD be a bit higher up on the priority list than "maybe we will do something in five years". I know there isn't much you personally can do to get things working, I suspect that 3.2.x has a much higher chance of working than the OLD 3.1.1 which came out three years ago.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #43
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,138, Level 27
Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
The Samsung Galaxy S3 supports Bluetooth MAP protocol, but while SYNC shows options for sending text messages, it doesn't actually work. Considering the Galaxy S3 is NOT an unpopular phone, getting SYNC working fully with it SHOULD be a bit higher up on the priority list than "maybe we will do something in five years". I know there isn't much you personally can do to get things working, I suspect that 3.2.x has a much higher chance of working than the OLD 3.1.1 which came out three years ago.
Which version is currently installed in your Focus, Targon, and who's the carrier for your Galaxy S3?

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #44
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
My MFT will sometimes show artist and track and sometimes it will show the artist and track from a song played last week! It will sometimes show ????? and other crazy characters. So although mine sometimes works, it is also hit and miss. I find it works best if you switch off BT to another source before shutting the car off and then after starting the car select BT but do not yet have your phone playing anything. Once it is connected and selected you can play music. This generally works for me, but I also know that MTF works different for every person it seems. I have an iPhone 4.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #45
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Which version is currently installed in your Focus, Targon, and who's the carrier for your Galaxy S3?

Jaclyn
My 2012 Focus has Gen 1- 3.1.1

Yes, I got the non-MFT version of the 2012 Focus SEL. My phone is the AT&T version of the Galaxy S3(i747), running Android 4.0.4, not rooted or anything else. I get the options in SYNC for sending text messages(when the car is not moving), but the messages themselves do not go through, and the system certainly does not read incoming messages.

The thing is, I've heard that others with the 2012 or 2013 versions have gotten Gen 1 and 3.2, so I just want to know why there has been no effort to get Gen 1 on the Focus up to the 3.2 level. Syncmyride shows 3.1.1 as the latest available for me.

Thanks for asking, I just hate being in the dark.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #46
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
My MFT will sometimes show artist and track and sometimes it will show the artist and track from a song played last week! It will sometimes show ????? and other crazy characters. So although mine sometimes works, it is also hit and miss. I find it works best if you switch off BT to another source before shutting the car off and then after starting the car select BT but do not yet have your phone playing anything. Once it is connected and selected you can play music. This generally works for me, but I also know that MTF works different for every person it seems. I have an iPhone 4.
The issue being talked about is for those of us with SYNC Gen 1(the version without MyFord Touch). MFT is considered Gen 2 and has its own set of issues, but MFT is also seeing active development to fix the issues, while many of us have newer cars with 3-year-old versions of the software.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
Laminar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81298
What I Drive: 2013 SE

Points 418, Level 8
Points: 418, Level: 8 Points: 418, Level: 8 Points: 418, Level: 8
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Laminar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Our engineers are always working on system enhancements, but updates are released on an as needed basis. Availability depends on the vehicle line, model year, and build date. As new updates are released, announcements will be made here:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Stay tuned!

Jaclyn
Here we are, a year later. I have a 2013 SE non-MFT fresh off the lot and I have these same issues:

1. When playing music via Bluetooth I would like to see artist/song name.
2. When returning to the car having shut it down while listening to bluetooth audio, the screen will display "Bluetooth Audio" but nothing plays. I have to prompt the voice command and say "Bluetooth Audio", at which point the music from my phone will begin playing.

I have "autoplay" turned on.

Is there any solution in sight or still "We'll get to it when (if) we get to it"?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #48
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by laminar View Post
here we are, a year later. I have a 2013 se non-mft fresh off the lot and i have these same issues:

1. When playing music via bluetooth i would like to see artist/song name.
2. When returning to the car having shut it down while listening to bluetooth audio, the screen will display "bluetooth audio" but nothing plays. I have to prompt the voice command and say "bluetooth audio", at which point the music from my phone will begin playing.

Is there any solution in sight or still "we'll get to it when (if) we get to it"?

bump^^^^

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 08-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #49
Kotlkn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106038
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE 5-Door

Points 679, Level 13
Points: 679, Level: 13 Points: 679, Level: 13 Points: 679, Level: 13
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Kotlkn Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Here we are, a year later. I have a 2013 SE non-MFT fresh off the lot and I have these same issues:

1. When playing music via Bluetooth I would like to see artist/song name.
2. When returning to the car having shut it down while listening to bluetooth audio, the screen will display "Bluetooth Audio" but nothing plays. I have to prompt the voice command and say "Bluetooth Audio", at which point the music from my phone will begin playing.

Is there any solution in sight or still "We'll get to it when (if) we get to it"?
Same issue with my 2013 Focus with Sync and the 2013 Fiesta with SYNC
Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #50
Laminar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81298
What I Drive: 2013 SE

Points 418, Level 8
Points: 418, Level: 8 Points: 418, Level: 8 Points: 418, Level: 8
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Laminar Good Standing Member
Hey guys, I asked the new IVT rep this question and go her answer here.

Basically more of the same - we're not going to tell you whether or not you'll ever get that functionality on your car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks