Considering a ST? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Considering a ST?

According to Motor Authority:

One other thing potential buyers should consider carefully is whether they want the deeply bolstered Recaro sport seats or not. We appreciated their firm comfort and good support (no bracing required in the passenger seat). But they'll prove simply too deep and too narrow for many American-size drivers, so if you can, sit in them. The base ST gets essentially the same seat that's in upper-trim U.S. Focus SE models, so wider drivers should stick to that.

Months ago I sat in a ST with the leather Recaros. I'm 6'0" / 165 lbs and the driver's seat was *snug*. Motor Authority is not exaggerating in the slightest about the bolsters being deep and narrow. If you (or your passenger) are even slightly wide, you should either try before you buy or go for the base model.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
The entire point of a high performance seat is to keep one's ass in place instead of sliding around.
I have a natually wide ass, and the Sport SE (manual tranny) seats are decent, but still could be tighter for a performance fit.
So if the driver wants a sofa to sit on, then yeah, do not get the Ricaro seats..
If I had the chance, i will buy a ST Ricaro for my driver's seat on my SE. Fat ass and all.
(I want a bucket my ass fits into like a tight glove.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Haha that's such a European thing to say. So sad, but so true. Glad I'm skinny.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I read the same thing in another review, good reason to lose some weight!
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
NissanAJ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49941
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black 2.3L ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 NissanAJ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'm 6'4'' and 240 LBS. I fit fine in the seats. I would use the ST for road trips to Vegas. I have sat in the race seats that Mitsu put in the newer model EVO and the seats are great for an hour of racing. But if I had to use the EVO for trips to Vegas. I would have to rent a car.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
People are stupid! I don't get reviews like that. I just put sparco race seats in my car that hug my ass and I love the trips I have made in them thus far. If you like normal style sofas that let you slide everywhere then go buy a regular econo box because chances are that is more your tastes if you don't want a seat that hugs you at all.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
yeah this is silly, for a couple reasons... one yes fat americans is funny (sad) and two, of course!

i mean my brother's town car has comfortable seats but if you decided to not wear a seat belt and took a moderate turn, you'd end up on the other side of the car.

I'm not a wide fellow, give me the tightest seats they make please!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringler26 View Post
People are stupid! I don't get reviews like that. I just put sparco race seats in my car that hug my ass and I love the trips I have made in them thus far. If you like normal style sofas that let you slide everywhere then go buy a regular econo box because chances are that is more your tastes if you don't want a seat that hugs you at all.
The point was that not everyone can fit comfortably in Sparco race seats.
Would you agree?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
According to Motor Authority:

One other thing potential buyers should consider carefully is whether they want the deeply bolstered Recaro sport seats or not. We appreciated their firm comfort and good support (no bracing required in the passenger seat). But they'll prove simply too deep and too narrow for many American-size drivers, so if you can, sit in them. The base ST gets essentially the same seat that's in upper-trim U.S. Focus SE models, so wider drivers should stick to that.

Months ago I sat in a ST with the leather Recaros. I'm 6'0" / 165 lbs and the driver's seat was *snug*. Motor Authority is not exaggerating in the slightest about the bolsters being deep and narrow. If you (or your passenger) are even slightly wide, you should either try before you buy or go for the base model.
I think anyone paying the money for Recaro sport seats expects them to be snug. If at 6'0" and 165 lbs you found them to be too tight a fit, methinks maybe you just don't like a tight-fitting sport seat. Whether they are too snug for the stereotypical overweight American is irrelevant to me, because I really hope that designing sports cars for fat people is not where we're headed.

There is a brand new review of the ST over at Jalopnik, written by Bill Caswell, whom I admire. He calls the ST's Recaros "the best car seats I've ever sat in." 'Nuff said, IMO.

http://jalopnik.com/5922133/ford-foc...lopnik-reviews

Last edited by Bimmer-Bob; 06-29-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added hyperlink.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
The entire point of a high performance seat is to keep one's ass in place instead of sliding around.
I have a natually wide ass, and the Sport SE (manual tranny) seats are decent, but still could be tighter for a performance fit.
So if the driver wants a sofa to sit on, then yeah, do not get the Ricaro seats..
If I had the chance, i will buy a ST Ricaro for my driver's seat on my SE. Fat ass and all.
(I want a bucket my ass fits into like a tight glove.
Pics or fail!

Bookmarks & Social Networks