Uh-oh - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #71
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
AS for those taking umbrage to jokes about dumping her: such a careless act on her part CAN portend plenty of more careless and annoying acts in the future that can really strain a relationship - as I've learned the hard way (I pay far too much attention to detail, and my wife far too little).

So, if it's indeed true love, carry on. But if you're not sure, do not rush in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #72
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
AS for those taking umbrage to jokes about dumping her: such a careless act on her part CAN portend plenty of more careless and annoying acts in the future that can really strain a relationship - as I've learned the hard way (I pay far too much attention to detail, and my wife far too little).

So, if it's indeed true love, carry on. But if you're not sure, do not rush in.
That's retarded, so she doesn't know much about car washing and she goofed... sh!t happens. Anybody ever listen to Brad Paisley?

Little Moments

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #73
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Is Brad Paisley qualified to give relationship advice solely on his ability to write a song? I think I'd sooner seek advice from Dear Abby.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #74
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Is Brad Paisley qualified to give relationship advice solely on his ability to write a song? I think I'd sooner seek advice from Dear Abby.
This thread is taking a really weird turn for a car site. Somebody recommend a different brand of polishing compound or something before someone calls for a group hug.

And what happened to the OP? He probably took some of the advise to dump her and his life has spiraled out of control to an empty, meaningless existence.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #75
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
This thread is taking a really weird turn for a car site. Somebody recommend a different brand of polishing compound or something before someone calls for a group hug.

And what happened to the OP? He probably took some of the advise to dump her and his life has spiraled out of control to an empty, meaningless existence.
He's probably busy taking out his frustrations on her starfish... Gotta pay one way or the other.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #76
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I don't think Brad Paisley was giving relationship advice... just perspective. It's not like she was maliciously damaging his car, she was trying to do something sweet and messed up, and she's sorry. So she should dump him if he attempts to cook dinner and ruins her favorite pan in the process?

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #77
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Pan vs. paint job. There's quite a difference there. Put the car washing incident in the same sentence as burning down the kitchen and you'll have a comparison.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #78
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
This thread is full of so much win. I would have to say my 2 cents on this is: yeah, it's "just a car" but if you're in a relationship with someone, I would hope they know you well enough to know that things like washing the brand new car are something they let YOU do. I would seriously cry if I saw my car in that condition. Yeah, I would get over it, but I would never forget it.

At least it's not this bad:

Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #79
Nelson12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95451
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport MT SGM

FF Reputation: 2 Nelson12 Good Standing Member
Uh, wow. This thread has gotten - how to say it, interesting?

I don't check in much on this forum so sorry for the absence. However I think it was much more entertaining to read this way. The lady and I are just fine- she is forgiven, but also will not be washing my car anymore. This all started because I was taking the car to a hand wash shop for $20 a pop, and she felt that was a waste of money and that we should wash it ourselves. We live in the city and there is no yard, driveway or hose available to us so she wanted to demonstrate that it was still possible with a bucket while I was gone. She meant well, but as many have said here she wasn't thinking. However in the end it is just a car, and this is just the worst of a list of "breaking in" events that have happened to the 4 month old car, which includes a dead rat decaying in the engine bay. We still smell rat sometimes.

I found what I guess is the most reputable detailer in the area, and for the most part it went well. However there are still light scratches visible under the wax, and they couldn't fix the scratches on the bumpers because he said it would burn through the plastic. He did do some light buffing on the bumpers, but I really need to figure out a way to fix it. I think my mistake was going on a 95+ degree day. The owner of the shop called in his best detailer for the job, and the guy spent about two hours on it in sweltering heat. I think he would have done even more if it wasn't so hot. Also the new wax and polish looked so beautiful when I left there that it wasn't until later in the day that I noticed there were still some spots on the bumpers. Anyways here are the pictures, none of which show any scratches. (the close ups show where there had been scratches before)

Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #80
Nelson12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95451
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport MT SGM

FF Reputation: 2 Nelson12 Good Standing Member
Oh yeah, the bill was $200, plus I tipped the guy a nice amount.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->