Uh-oh - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #61
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No pics or did I miss them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #62
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
No pics or did I miss them?
Page 4, #42
Old 06-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #63
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
thanks and .........oooooohhhhhhhhh,that sucks.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #64
fhh02a
HATCH NATION

Fan#: 57548
What I Drive: 2004, Pitch Black Zx3

FF Reputation: 13 fhh02a Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
ok yall, I read the whole thread.

Yall officially suck for telling him to dump the girl..even if you were joking.

SHe was trying to help, granted it didnt work out. It looks like it totally fixable.

TO the OP, sorry some of the guys were calling you a troll. If you love the girl like you say you do, you two will put this behind you and have a great marriage.

Good luck with everything
[COLOR="Red"]HATCH NATION..#01[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30"][COLOR="Black"]B-S-T[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12"][COLOR="Red"]SOUTHERN FANATICS [/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33"][COLOR="Black"]GEN CHAT[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45"][COLOR="Red"]MK1[/COLOR][/URL]
Old 06-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #65
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhh02a View Post
ok yall, I read the whole thread.

Yall officially suck for telling him to dump the girl..even if you were joking.

SHe was trying to help, granted it didnt work out. It looks like it totally fixable.

TO the OP, sorry some of the guys were calling you a troll. If you love the girl like you say you do, you two will put this behind you and have a great marriage.

Good luck with everything
How do people suck for joking about it? I'd never so much as consider messing with my fiancee's belongings without consent, approval, or in this case, more importantly, knowing how to do the job right. And vice-versa. And it is something as mundane as handwashing a car. Seems there was little thought going on. Result? He's going to be out a few hundred bucks pretty much no matter how he decides to fix it.

It would make me wonder about trusting said person with something more important, like kids and whatnot.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie
Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #66
fhh02a
HATCH NATION

Fan#: 57548
What I Drive: 2004, Pitch Black Zx3

FF Reputation: 13 fhh02a Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
How do people suck for joking about it? I'd never so much as consider messing with my fiancee's belongings without consent, approval, or in this case, more importantly, knowing how to do the job right. And vice-versa. And it is something as mundane as handwashing a car. Seems there was little thought going on. Result? He's going to be out a few hundred bucks pretty much no matter how he decides to fix it.

It would make me wonder about trusting said person with something more important, like kids and whatnot.

Joking about dumping someone over something trivial is crazy.

im guessing you neither have a wife/girlfriend nor kids? If you had a wife, you would understand that some girls aren't blessed with car knowledge. Thats why i take car of all 3 cars we have. If my wife did that, I would be upset but i would get over it cause I love her. A car is just an object that will not last for ever but someone you love will be there for ever.
when you have a wife/girlfriend, you might understand..
end of story

btw: Ive been with my wife for 10yrs(married 7yrs)
[COLOR="Red"]HATCH NATION..#01[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30"][COLOR="Black"]B-S-T[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12"][COLOR="Red"]SOUTHERN FANATICS [/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33"][COLOR="Black"]GEN CHAT[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45"][COLOR="Red"]MK1[/COLOR][/URL]
Old 07-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #67
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:

im guessing you neither have a wife/girlfriend nor kids? If you had a wife, you would understand that some girls aren't blessed with car knowledge. Thats why i take car of all 3 cars we have. If my wife did that, I would be upset but i would get over it cause I love her. A car is just an object that will not last for ever but someone you love will be there for ever.
end of story

Have to agree here. The jokes were funny to me...as jokes...but anyone that loves their car more than their girlfriend/wife..or condemns them for doing something uneducated, is never gonna have a successful relationship in life.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #68
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Any "after repair" pix? What's happening? Last year I took my black C30 to the guys that "only do black cars for Barrett-Jackson" and WOW, what a difference having pros that know what they're doing compared to me using my DA orbital. Find someone knowledgeable and pay em $2-300 and be done with it. If it's thru the clear coat have a body shop clear coat it. Then show her how to wash and dry it. Do it together. On those hot days I follow my wife around drying to speed up the process to eliminate water spots and such. Forgiveness is where it's at. Understand that a number of guys here put their car ahead of everything else in life, probably don't have a GF cuz the girls they did date for a while found out they were #2 and moved on to warmer surroundings.

Quote:
It would make me wonder about trusting said person with something more important, like kids
Comparing scratching paint to trusting the woman who went thru the pain of child birth? LOL..seriously? I think that's a bit of a stretch. Have you helped your wife through that ordeal? Oh..probably not married. Seen your wife almost die from passing so much blood from a miscarriage? Probably not. I was there for both my sons birth and I'm glad it's the woman that does that cuz we don't have the guts to pull that off...if it were possible. You can't imagine the love they feel for a child they gave birth to...for all that child's life. If/when you get married and have your own you'll regret making that statement. You'll find she's the one you'll trust most with them and hopefully you'll mature enough to forgive your kids when they scratch your precious. You can always rub it out and get new paint or use that money for your kids trip to Disneyland or where ever. They'll remember that trip a lot more than being screamed at for putting a scratch on something you won't have for more than a few years. Sermon over.

The 1st week my wife had the C30, she backed into a bush scraping the bumper cover and some miscellaneous parts. Cost me about $400 and I put it back together. All told took me about an hour to fix once I had all the parts. I don't bring it up...what's the point? She felt horrible and knows the importance of money lost. I still trust her in the new Titanium...with back up warning buzzer. LOL (was 1 of those options I didn't want but came with this car or wait to order what I want and miss out on the rebate)

So, I'm sure you're over it. Fix it and move on. Life's too short...really. Be glad you have a new car. It could be so much worse...look around you. You better hope when you do your "screw up", and you will, she's not constantly reminding you of it. Kiss her while giving her flowers/chocolate/....tell her to forget about it and be the hero. Her girlfriends will love you for being the mature adult and will wonder when you changed and how lucky she is to have you. Every once in a while I'll bring my wife flowers/Starbucks to her at work. The men there probably hate me. I don't go in for the....secretary's day or bosses day...those made up days to promote retail sales. When I bring her something I call it ..." It's good to be Brant's wife Day" and it could be once a year it could be twice a month. What's nice about it, is, it can happen anytime...you don't know...you're not expecting it like Valentines Day..."you better get me something...it better be a diamond...it better be chocolate...it better be..." see what I mean? The whole meaning is lost because they're EXPECTING something that the retail stores have programmed them and us into believing. (don't miss Mother's Day though...just sayin') And, when you walk in, UNEXPECTED with a LITTLE something...doesn't HAVE to be much...they LLLUUUVVVVV you for it! And the other office girls WILL have something to say to their significant others that night...oh yeah! It IS better to give than receive...and, I got a feeling, she will give you something you weren't expecting...he he he (semi evil laugh).

So, what have we learned? Show her how to wash a car, do it together, forgive her, move on, bring her something for just being her...invest in her and reap the rewards.
Simple. And, when you start putting the dishes away without being told...well...you'll find out.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #69
xxMichaelAnthony
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58459
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 xxMichaelAnthony Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #70
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:

end of story

Nice assumptions, but they're flat wrong, man. Sorry. I've been with my fiancee for 5 years now, and as one member who's actually met me will point out, am a woman. So I don't think being female is an excuse to recklessly do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Have to agree here. The jokes were funny to me...as jokes...but anyone that loves their car more than their girlfriend/wife..or condemns them for doing something uneducated, is never gonna have a successful relationship in life.
Nobody said anything about loving a car more than a person. Overreacting much?

You guys crack me up.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie

Bookmarks & Social Networks