Meets in Northeast Texas - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 391
What I Drive: Silver 2003 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slvrfocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Meets in Northeast Texas

What happened to peps planning meets in the Northeast Texas area? I haven't been on in well over six months or more and am used to seeing some type of meet being planned. Granted, I know everytime someone tried to plan something in the past, it usually ended up backfiring, nothing would come of it, and/or no one would make an effort to plan or even show up. I guess just everyone got tired of messing with it and gave up. Granted, the holidays are coming up and everyone will be busy with various actvities, but I still don't see if we could come up with something just for a half a day or something on a Saturday or even something on a Friday evening. I'm off on the weekends and have a very flexible schedule. I really don't have any ideas, as i'm not the worlds greatest in that area. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, and doesn't have to be some type of huge event. Just some decent place for a nice group of peps to meet up and hang out and see what all is out there and exhange ideas. Maybe like we did once before, meet up at sometype of eating place and go from there. Any and all ideas would be great and as far as location, i'm all open in that area as long as it's within a two hour driving range. I'm not going to make a huge effort if no one is interested. Just wanted to moreless bring up the idea and see why nothing hasn't been planned in so long. Would love to hear any and all ideas. THANKS!

Current Mods: Tint/Darker Tint on rear windows and tint stripe on windshiled, Focus Fanatics.com decals on both rear windows, changed out base wiper switch w/ 6-speed intermitent wiper switch, Blue M&M (named B.J.) mounted in back seat all buckled in, 10"Pioneer sub w/ 240w Pioneer amp, xm satellite, clear corner lens, Focus third brake light sticker, Replaced stock antenna w/ a 6" aluminum antenna
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
singerfocus97
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8322
What I Drive: 2k2 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 singerfocus97 Good Standing Member
we meet up all the time in the dfw area just doesnt get posted on this site heh
Old 11-03-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Smile

If that is the case, how do you guys know where to meet up and when to get together? Do you talk about it in other forums, or does everybody just know everyone and call them up to plan something? Also, when you guys meet up, would it be worth me driving a bit. What do you end up doing? Would love to plan something local, being that there are tons of foci's around here, and plenty that are fixed up. Just wouldn't know how to get anyone together. I do have my focus fanatics decals on, but i'm normally not in the areas to where they can be seen. The only places my car goes is to work, home, and to see my significant other on the weekends. Any suggestions on how to gather some peps up would be appreciated
Current Mods: Tint/Darker Tint on rear windows and tint stripe on windshiled, Focus Fanatics.com decals on both rear windows, changed out base wiper switch w/ 6-speed intermitent wiper switch, Blue M&M (named B.J.) mounted in back seat all buckled in, 10"Pioneer sub w/ 240w Pioneer amp, xm satellite, clear corner lens, Focus third brake light sticker, Replaced stock antenna w/ a 6" aluminum antenna
Old 11-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #4
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Cool Deal, Thanks! :)
Old 11-29-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
EastTexFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2525
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX 3

FF Reputation: 1 EastTexFocus Good Standing Member
North East Texas

You know, I have counted about a dozen foci around here. I only count those with some mods that are evident and not driven by 90+ year olds. You would think we could get a meet going. I dont understand it. Of course, I do have to apologize for being across the street from the last one and not realizing the Wing Stop had moved!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/490234/1
Old 12-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #6
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Re: North East Texas

Quote:
Originally posted by EastTexFocus
You know, I have counted about a dozen foci around here. I only count those with some mods that are evident and not driven by 90+ year olds. You would think we could get a meet going. I dont understand it. Of course, I do have to apologize for being across the street from the last one and not realizing the Wing Stop had moved!
Yes, same here. There are atleast 2 running around in the Kilgore area, which is where live, that are fixed up pretty nice. Mine is probably not considered to be modded, even though I have done a few odd and end things, but it's enough to not make it like anyone else's. You would think as many as there are around in this neck of the woods, we could come up with something. HAHA on the 90+ year olds, lol. I have seen quite a few old folks driving the ZX3's. Makes me want to hurl when I do because it makes me feel like i'm driving a granny car. I know better though. They are just driving them because they are good affordable cars, and besides, there way more of the younger generation driving them to compensate for it. Hopefully in the near future, we can find a way to gather something up. If there was just more of a way for us to advertise. I have my focus fanatics decals on, but my car is either always at work, at home, or out of town, which does me no good for something around here. Any ideas would be cool. Oh, and it's cool that you didn't make it to the Wing Stop Derek. I won't hold it against you, LOL. I had a good time even though there was only two of us.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.