I need to outwardly grieve for a moment. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
C_J_Ramone
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97351
What I Drive: 2003 Cd Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 C_J_Ramone Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I need to outwardly grieve for a moment.

January 4th I signed the lease and drove off the lot in a 2003 Focus SE. A very important day for me. It wasn't my first car, but it was the first one I actually went out and bought. At the time I was working at McDonald's, I took extra shifts and saved for months to get enough money together for a car that couldn't be taken out from under me depending on someones mood. It wasn't my dream car, not even a particularly great car, but it was a car I could afford, one I could afford to feed and one I could afford to insure. It was MY car. Over the next 6 months, I put some work into it and made that much more "MY car". Alice , she was named.

6 months and 2 days after driving off the lot, an old man in a pick up pulled out in front of me in the rain and I couldn't stop in time to avoid hitting him. Everyone was ok, everyone except Alice.

I was found, by the insurance company, to be 15% at fault. That means they only paid 85% of what THEY say my car was worth. I got about $600 more than what I still owed on it. No rental for the month it took them to come to that decision, and they tried to stick me with the bill for the wrecking yard.

So here I am, 2 months later, trying to scrape together enough money for a down payment on another car. Trying to start over again. But the issue isn't just that I don't have a car. It's that I don't have MY car. I had gotten to know this car. This imperfect heap that I had fixed some and gotten used to the rest. I know the next car I get will Eventually become MY car, but right now...

It's just been a long and stressful 2 months. I don't expect anyone to read this and feel sympathy for me. I'm just an overly attached kid who needed to vent.

Life goes on and it will work out in the end.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
BLÜE_BÄLZ
TWISVT

Fan#: 65778
What I Drive: '02 Twilight Blue ZX3, '94 Ranger

FF Reputation: 14 BLÜE_BÄLZ Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Nah man stuff like this does suck.
I myself get attached to my vehicles..last one i owned for 6+ yrs..this one 5+ and will till it dies

Start looking for another focus..hit up the ones for sale on here...there great little cars
And any problems you have...hit up the forum for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnFocusedST View Post
Well we only have 2 seasons here. Winter and road construction.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Working on 8yrs+ for having my yeller focus.

That does suck but in reality you actually made out. I know it doesn't seem like that cause you car is gone now, but you had a lease, it really wasn't your car to begin with. So now you got out of your lease (which is a good thing). Now its time to save up so you can actually buy one. Try to save up and buy one outright they are pretty dirt cheap now.

Oh and also you posted in the wrong section, this is the showroom chat area where we post pics of cars and stuff. You would post this kind of thing in the general chat area

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
That sucks bud, sorry to hear and see the pics. Everything happens for a reason you next car will be worth it.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
budmur
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97970
What I Drive: 2011 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 budmur Good Standing Member
You leased a 9 year old car?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budmur View Post

Didn't notice that . In that case it's even better that OP doesn't have the lease anymore . Certainly he was paying way more than what the car is worth.

Save up some money and you can find you a cheap sub 2000 dollar focus. I have that much in my SVT right now as it sits. Heck paying for the title transfer cost half as much as I bought it for. There are deals out there, cars that may need a little work, which you can find all the info you need in fixing them here . We have a massive How To section HERE

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
Newkleus
Bexar County

Fan#: 30810
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 5 Newkleus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budmur View Post
That is what I was going to ask. You leased a 2003 Focus? Really, come on now. Leasing is the dumbest thing you can do.
SVT SQUAD #344
2002 CD-Silver Focus SVT
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
think u guys missed hes a kid working at mcdonalds. doubt they pay good enough.

shitty this is ur first post man. sux to loose ur car to someone elses neglegence.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
cyfocus01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95790
What I Drive: 01 silver zts sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cyfocus01 Good Standing Member
Yeh, that sucks. Sorry to hear and see that. It is a blessing you got out of that lease + $600. Sounds like it worked out in your favor. Smart move with full insurance!
If you loved your focus and you did some work to it, look around for another. They can be had cheap, just keep your eyes peeled. Maybe you can snag one from an older couple in great shape.
I've bought cars straight out of driveways that were not for sale. Noticed that they had not moved for a while. Knocked on door, asked about car. Brought up my offer and that they are paying for insurance on a car they rarely drive. And I would love to have it and drive it. Cash is king, often money talks. Good luck!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 58 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (47)
I am sure he meant loan. No dealership leases 9 year old cars.

That really does suck when you still owe on a car but the insurance barely gives you enough to pay off the loan. So you're stuck with little to no money left not enough for another down payment.

I hope you get back into a Focus, they are really great cars. In my area I see clean ones(not junkers) going for less than $2,000. Good luck with your future car purchase and to FF!
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month

Bookmarks & Social Networks