Dome lights - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #51
Stars4jon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103518
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 Stars4jon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Since we are on the subject

Does anyone know what bulbs are in the non ambient lighting package domes? I don't want to rip them from the headliner. I do want to drop them down and switch them to LED bulbs. Does anyone know the best way to remove the module safely? I do Astronomy and would like red or blue LEDs inside when I open the doors. Also has anyone installed the ambient lighting kit after purchase?
In regards to the button setup. I think this may have to do with the daylight/light sensor in the dash. I usually have mine off(with the button lit OFF). I also installed a radar detector(on the fuse panel intertwined with the 12VPower Point Fuse. My radar detector shuts off after about 15 muntes or so. It turns back on when I unlock the doors. My old ZX2 had the battery minder feature as standard. So I don't think anyone has to worry about a tiny bulb killing the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #52
Michaelc1220
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93834
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE hatchback Sport

FF Reputation: 2 Michaelc1220 Good Standing Member
does anyone know what size this dome light is??
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #53
G-Look
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103613
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 G-Look Good Standing Member
Glad to have found this thread. My wife and I have been going crazy trying to figure out why the light won't come on. We've got the SE Hatchback and the light had previously come on automatically the first few drives but nothing consistent. I was thinking it was because of a light sensor as we park under a street lamp, but no light in pitch black either. We do however get the ambient light when using the fob and opening the door. Has anyone had any luck with taking it into the dealer for a fix?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #54
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
I still don't know what the trigger is. There's no rhyme or reason. I'd say 9 out of 10 times the dome lights don't come on. I have pretty much given up trying to figure it out. I really think it's a bug in the system.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #55
DoogieB
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101748
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Sport

FF Reputation: 2 DoogieB Good Standing Member
If you have a SE, you have to unlock all the doors for the dome light to activate with a door. It's that simple. Many people don't seem to understand the "stealth" feature of the two-stage unlock.

I use one click unlock and the dome light always comes on: day, night, morning, dusk, rain, snow, sleet, etc. It doesn't matter.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #56
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
Good to hear that yours works for you, DoogieB. I have a SEL. One click or two clicks unlock makes no difference. The dome light hardly ever comes on.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #57
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Look View Post
Glad to have found this thread. My wife and I have been going crazy trying to figure out why the light won't come on. We've got the SE Hatchback and the light had previously come on automatically the first few drives but nothing consistent. I was thinking it was because of a light sensor as we park under a street lamp, but no light in pitch black either. We do however get the ambient light when using the fob and opening the door...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
... I have a SEL. One click or two clicks unlock makes no difference. The dome light hardly ever comes on.
Hi G-Look and thunderwoof,

If you think your dome light is malfunctioning, have your dealer take a look at it the next time you have an oil change or other scheduled service appointment. They'll be happy to help you out. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieB View Post
If you have a SE, you have to unlock all the doors for the dome light to activate with a door. It's that simple. Many people don't seem to understand the "stealth" feature of the two-stage unlock.

I use one click unlock and the dome light always comes on: day, night, morning, dusk, rain, snow, sleet, etc. It doesn't matter.
Great info, DoogieB. Hopefully this well help some folks out.

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #58
G-Look
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103613
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 G-Look Good Standing Member
Thanks DoogieB- The double click does the trick- will keep everyone posted if it does it consistently
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #59
dutd33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104381
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 dutd33 Good Standing Member
I am really glad to know that I wasn't the only one going crazy over this small issue!

I drive a 2012 SEL hatch and I haven't been able to get my dome light to flash while holding it for five seconds. Do I have to keep my door open?

Currently what I notice is that after I unlock my door and I open it the dome light will not come on. But if I unlock all doors, open the trunk first to put my hockey bag in and then open my driver's door then the dome lights will come one.

I also distinctively remember that when I unlock all of my doors all the lights would turn on which is what I prefer.

Strange indeed...
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #60
supernova1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107060
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB Red Candy

FF Reputation: 1 supernova1 Good Standing Member
Here is how it works for me (my car uses two-stage door unlock):

After your car sits closed for several hours

1. Press "Open" on the key fob once - the driver door opens, but dome light is OFF;
2. Press "Close" on the key fob once - the driver door closes;
3. Press "Open" on the key fob once - the driver door opens and the dome light is ON.

I believe that it is a "stealth" feature in case you want to open your car, but do not want to attract attention to it (you figure the case for this), so it has a mode when the dome light is OFF on the first "Open" click.

It also seems to me that this feature has a timer - if you close your car doors and then after several minutes press "Open" again, the dome light will light up. Only after the car sits closed for several hours (can not get the exact time) the dome light is OFF on the first "Open" click.

I can not still figure out the dome light switch with "OFF" sign - to me it just toggles through two states (switch backlight ON/OFF), but does not do anything other than this.

Bookmarks & Social Networks