latest Sync update V3.6.2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
sanford12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116365
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sanford12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
latest Sync update V3.6.2

Just loaded this update DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2 two days ago. I have the eight inch screen with navi. It's now faster and and more responsive. I haven't had time to use every function but the entertainment part works better/faster. This update will erase your phone settings and wall papers. It also takes longer than the 30 minutes Ford says, more like 40-45. I'll be using the Send to Car app this morning. I'll update as I use the different functions but so far so good.

2005 Ford 500, 2006 Freestyle, 2012 Focus Titanium pearl white
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115261
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver SE w/MFT

Points 466, Level 9
Points: 466, Level: 9 Points: 466, Level: 9 Points: 466, Level: 9
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 joshuafail Good Standing Member
Did you do the update yourself, or take it to the dealership? I just checked mine, and it said it's a dealer-only update.

Which is stupid. I hate the dealer.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115261
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver SE w/MFT

Points 466, Level 9
Points: 466, Level: 9 Points: 466, Level: 9 Points: 466, Level: 9
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 9 joshuafail Good Standing Member
Wait... this should be the update listed here, unless I'm wrong. I didn't pay attention to the version on syncmyride.com. The version it's telling me needs to be downloaded and the one currently installed in my vehicle are the same.

There should be a rundown of features in the thread...
Old 08-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
sanford12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafail View Post
Did you do the update yourself, or take it to the dealership? I just checked mine, and it said it's a dealer-only update.

Which is stupid. I hate the dealer.
It's a update you can do yourself. Anyone who's a little tech savvy will have no problem. You just needed patience.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
maplant1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102277
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus sel

FF Reputation: 1 maplant1 Good Standing Member
I do the update from 10 days ago.Now when im connect to syncmyride.com ,they said i have a new update, but the number is the same (DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2) and i need to go to the dealers now
Old 08-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 928, Level 16
Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplant1 View Post
I do the update from 10 days ago.Now when im connect to syncmyride.com ,they said i have a new update, but the number is the same (DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2) and i need to go to the dealers now
i did my upgrade to v3.6.2 within a cpl days of it coming out. Now I too am getting that message, but if you look in the "whats in this update" link it is v3.6.2 and all the improvements it lists I hlready have due to performing the upgrade myself....I suspect there is an issue with the site. I will ignore the message for now and call my dealership and see what they say the difference is.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
wego2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102788
What I Drive: 2012, frosted glass, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 wego2 Good Standing Member
I get the same message: "This update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership."

I updated my Focus with v3.6.2 today. Downloaded the update, put it on a thumb drive, did the update, ran a vehicle health report, took the thumb drive back to the comupter, but am unable to send the update confirmation because of the "update requires a visit to the dealer" message.

But, when I look on the right side of the web page under Vehicle Profile it shows: SYNC with MyFord Touch Gen2 - V3.6.2. (It got this info when I ran the vehicle health report.)

Also, earlier today, I updated my truck with v3.6.2. I had to send the update confirmation by running the vehicle health report, because the sync site would not access the .xml file on the thumb drive.

When I bring the truck up on the Sync my ride site, it shows the update v3.6.2 as being done. But the Focus shows that it needs to go to the dealer. Strange.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
sanford12
Focus Enthusiast

That is a little weird. So far I haven't received the "update requires a visit to the dealer" and I haven't been able to confirm the update on the Sync web page. I didn't know you could use the vehicle health report and have since erased the update from the thumb drive. This a bit of a pain. I'll do the vehicle health report method when i have time.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
socityjim
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89206
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ingot SEL 5 door HB

Points 327, Level 6
Points: 327, Level: 6 Points: 327, Level: 6 Points: 327, Level: 6
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 socityjim Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wego2 View Post
I get the same message: "This update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership."

I updated my Focus with v3.6.2 today. Downloaded the update, put it on a thumb drive, did the update, ran a vehicle health report, took the thumb drive back to the comupter, but am unable to send the update confirmation because of the "update requires a visit to the dealer" message.

But, when I look on the right side of the web page under Vehicle Profile it shows: SYNC with MyFord Touch Gen2 - V3.6.2. (It got this info when I ran the vehicle health report.)

Also, earlier today, I updated my truck with v3.6.2. I had to send the update confirmation by running the vehicle health report, because the sync site would not access the .xml file on the thumb drive.

When I bring the truck up on the Sync my ride site, it shows the update v3.6.2 as being done. But the Focus shows that it needs to go to the dealer. Strange.
Got the same message when I loaded it into my Focus. I called Ford Support told them that I successfully installed V3.6.2 into my Focus. When I followed the instructions to click on the XML with my VIN on it.. I get the message that I need to go to the dealer to install the same version that I successfully installed into my Focus. The lady said this was some kind of computer problem. I gave her my VIN information and she said I didn't need to make an appointment that she would update my VIN to show that I successfully updated to the new version. she said this would take a few days. this was on 8-24 so I will give it about a week to see if it gets corrected. MFT is working very well and no complaints from me. The process to install isn't a problem but to confirm the change was successful needs to be changed to a better system. I don't know if running a vehicle health report would satisfy the requirement but it would be much more easier if it did.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,369, Level 20
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
It does.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.