New Ford IVT Rep - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New Ford IVT Rep

Hey everyone!

Jaclyn has been swamped on Twitter lately, so I'll be taking over on here. Let me know if you have any MyFord Touch, SYNC, navigation, or SiriusXM questions. If you've already been working with Jaclyn, please provide me with a little background information so I can jump right in and assist. On that note, let the fun begin!

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Same Rebecca from the Explorer forum? Just curious.

Regardless - "Hi!"
Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

That's me! :)

Rebecca

Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Hi Rebecca!

Any word on the next MFT update? 3.5.1 reverts to A/V in if I turn off car, listen to radio, then restart car to drive off. Very annoying #firstworldproblem.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
TheBigMortboski
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115429
What I Drive: Kenworth T-800

FF Reputation: 0 TheBigMortboski Newbie
Welcome. A Rebecca from Ford also kinda sounds familiar. Did you do anything with Truckblog/Motorz?

And here's my SiriusXM question: I have an account for one of my old XM units, and I'd like to add the Opie and Anthony channel to my car (2013 SE), how would I go about that? I'm still in the 6 month trial period, so I don't want to accidentally get billed for these first six months.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
Hi Rebecca!

Any word on the next MFT update? 3.5.1 reverts to A/V in if I turn off car, listen to radio, then restart car to drive off. Very annoying #firstworldproblem.
I can't speculate on exact timing but it's coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMortboski View Post
Welcome. A Rebecca from Ford also kinda sounds familiar. Did you do anything with Truckblog/Motorz?

And here's my SiriusXM question: I have an account for one of my old XM units, and I'd like to add the Opie and Anthony channel to my car (2013 SE), how would I go about that? I'm still in the 6 month trial period, so I don't want to accidentally get billed for these first six months.
I'm also known on Facebook as Rebecca At Ford; Jaclyn and I have been mentioned in a lot of articles all over the web. As far as your SiriusXM question, that would be something you'd have to as Sirius. Unfortunately, we don't have any control over subscriptions. Here's their contact information:

Phone - 888-539-7474
Website - https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/ask
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm?ref=ts&fref=ts

Rebecca

Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
SXM_Help
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116142
What I Drive: Taurus

FF Reputation: 1 SXM_Help Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMortboski View Post

Hi TheBigMortboski -

If your account is on a trial, you will not be billed for any additional months following your trial. If you are looking for Opie and Anthony, you can find them on channel 103. If you have any questions about your account or would like to upgrade your trial to include additional channels, send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to help you.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
mmable
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118134
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Black

FF Reputation: 1 mmable Good Standing Member
Sync Issues

Rebecca,

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE that has some issues with the Sync system - namely, when I talk to people via Bluetooth from my phone everyone says I sound like I am in a wind tunnel. It wasn't this way originally, but it is now. Someone I spoke to at Sync said it was likely a bad microphone - any thoughts? Also, the system has a hard time recognizing my voice commands and I have to repeat them or yell for them to be recognized.

Marc
Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Laminar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81298
What I Drive: 2013 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Laminar Good Standing Member
Hello Rebecca,

I just got a new 2013 Focus and love nearly everything about, with a couple of exceptions related to the infotainment system (non-MFT).

There was some discussion in this thread over the past year about SYNC's support of AVRCP. SYNC Gen 1 only supports AVRCP 1.0, which doesn't support data transfer, so when listening to audio on my phone I can't see song title/artist on the car's display.

The canned response that has been posted by Ford's IVT Team across the web for the past 18 months is "The SYNC engineering team is currently investigating on including a higher version of AVRCP for a future release (via a SYNC update)."

As it has been well over a year, is there any chance that you can give a definitive yes or no, or are we eternally stuck in corporate-speak "maybe or maybe not" limbo?

Additionally, every time I get into my car, I have to activate the voice command and tell it "Bluetooth Audio". My car has never started automatically playing Bluetooth, and I definitely have Autoplay turned on.

Thank you for taking the time to review and address issues like this, it's very nice to have this level of manufacturer support. Though it'd be even nicer if my car worked as expected.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmable View Post
Rebecca,

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE that has some issues with the Sync system - namely, when I talk to people via Bluetooth from my phone everyone says I sound like I am in a wind tunnel. It wasn't this way originally, but it is now. Someone I spoke to at Sync said it was likely a bad microphone - any thoughts? Also, the system has a hard time recognizing my voice commands and I have to repeat them or yell for them to be recognized.

Marc
I have to agree with the person you spoke to on the phone, Marc. You shouldn't have to scream your commands; I suggest that you make an appointment with your dealership to have them test the MIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Hello Rebecca,

... The canned response that has been posted by Ford's IVT Team across the web for the past 18 months is "The SYNC engineering team is currently investigating on including a higher version of AVRCP for a future release (via a SYNC update)."

As it has been well over a year, is there any chance that you can give a definitive yes or no, or are we eternally stuck in corporate-speak "maybe or maybe not" limbo?
Congrats on your new Focus, Laminar. I still cannot speculate on timing for this; I'll submit your feedback though.

Rebecca

Bookmarks & Social Networks