Bluetooth MAP Support added to iOS 6 - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I can't get MAP to work with my Droid Razr Maxx still. So frustrating. I have repaired a million times and have tried everything and Sync won't recognize my texts for some reason.

When I pair the phone I will get a notification on my phone saying that Sync wants me to allow MAP. I allow it and it still doesn't work.

On another note, how come every time Apple comes out with a new iOS it's a huge deal but then when you break it all down, they are catching up and adding features that Android has had for months and years already? No hate towards Apple, just my observation over the years.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,881, Level 66
Points: 9,881, Level: 66 Points: 9,881, Level: 66 Points: 9,881, Level: 66
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Funny thing is, Sync is worthless without a phone.

If not right away, I bet Ford includes Siri support soon enough. iPads and iPhones are too common for Ford to ignore them completely
Sync works well enough for voice commands of the radio aux/usb inputs, at least when it understands what you're asking for to work well without the phone, the hands free phone part is ok, and it does work with many devices besides just an "iphone", not really interested in Siri or the iPhone personally, so I'm good with them not incorporating a button to replace the Sync nuance voice for the Siri beta voice prompts that are seeming less functional from all the reports I've heard. But to each his or her own.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #13
symbology
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94555
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB 301A Mtl.Blk

FF Reputation: 1 symbology Good Standing Member
It'll be interesting to see what phones Bluetooth MAP will work with (4S and above like turn by turn and Siri?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon
Ford wouldn't use Apple technology just as Apple would not introduce a Windows 8 tablet.
Funny you should say that, since supporting current hardware increases your customers. And Ford doesn't "use" Apple technology. They simply support it. Just like they're supporting Apple devices for their Xbox Smart Glass technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
On another note, how come every time Apple comes out with a new iOS it's a huge deal but then when you break it all down, they are catching up and adding features that Android has had for months and years already? No hate towards Apple, just my observation over the years.
Because millions of people use iOS and get excited for new features, because Android/Windows phone users that are actually up to date with the latest OS version is much smaller than those that are on the latest iOS version, because these features are on other phones but aren't implemented well, and mostly because these are features come standard on the newest phones and iPhone users have 1/2/3 year old hardware.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Faygo Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85587
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

Points 3,651, Level 38
Points: 3,651, Level: 38 Points: 3,651, Level: 38 Points: 3,651, Level: 38
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
I have two Star buttons on my steering wheel ready to integrate with Siri.

MAP also means we get photos in the phonebook?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,204, Level 41
Points: 4,204, Level: 41 Points: 4,204, Level: 41 Points: 4,204, Level: 41
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
Funny you should say that, since supporting current hardware increases your customers. And Ford doesn't "use" Apple technology. They simply support it. Just like they're supporting Apple devices for their Xbox Smart Glass technology.
Is it a question of simply supporting 'Siri' (running on an iPhone for example) or actually integrating 'Siri' into the infotainment system.

Here is a copy/paste of a recent article:

At its annual World Wide Developers Conference here Monday, iPhone maker Apple said it is "working with car manufacturers to integrate Siri into select voice control systems" via a new Eyes Free feature that will minimize distracted driving by enabling drivers to make hands-free calls, play music, compose and listen to text messages, get map directions and more.

Apple executives at WWDC told Yahoo! Autos that eight automakers — General Motors, Toyota, Chrysler, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, BMW and Jaguar/Land Rover — have agreed to integrate Siri into their vehicle infotainment systems.

According to Automotive News, Apple Senior Vice President Scott Forstall said "a number of auto manufacturers have committed to delivering Eyes Free Siri integration in the next 12 months," during a WWDC address as a screen behind him displayed the logos of GM, Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, Honda, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz and Audi.

Ford, which already partners with Microsoft on Sync and MyFord Touch, was not among those named by Apple as prospective automotive clients.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,885, Level 39
Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Its a big deal because every new version of iOS works with all of Apple's mobile products.

Gingerbread Sandwich or whatever stupid thing it is only updated on specific android phones rather than all of them. Most Android tablets sold new aren't running the newest Android software. The phones are all running some kind of carrier specific software and its up to the carrier to update you, but the carriers don't because they would rather just sell you a new phone.

And don't be confused, Apple hasn't been playing catch-up because without the iPhone, there wouldn't be Android.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
Minchkin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92792
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Coupe

Points 948, Level 16
Points: 948, Level: 16 Points: 948, Level: 16 Points: 948, Level: 16
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Minchkin Good Standing Member
I am excited about MAP. And I use Siri all the time with mine. I just hold the home button down. Yeah, I don't have a button for it on my steering wheel, but like Turn by Turn and voice search on my android phone it takes over Sync, playing what it needs to play, then reverts again. I didn't know it worked until the creepy android voice played through Sync. That was an interesting face I pulled.
SES #032
Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #18
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Its a big deal because every new version of iOS works with all of Apple's mobile products.

Gingerbread Sandwich or whatever stupid thing it is only updated on specific android phones rather than all of them. Most Android tablets sold new aren't running the newest Android software. The phones are all running some kind of carrier specific software and its up to the carrier to update you, but the carriers don't because they would rather just sell you a new phone.

And don't be confused, Apple hasn't been playing catch-up because without the iPhone, there wouldn't be Android.
You mean all of one Apple mobile product, the iPhone?

Look, I'm not here to get into an Apple vs Android war (but I will educate while I'm here) because it's very evident that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Android. Which is typical of how Apple spoon feeds their marketing to their supporters. They don't want you guys to be informed about the competition.

Android has thousands of devices made of different spec, so of course they can't just dump the newest version of Android on each device. It's like trying to install Windows 7 on an Intel Pentium 2 machine. Makes no sense and it won't run right. Apple has one, so it makes sense why it works on all one of them.

And don't act like Apple doesn't do the same thing. I quote:
"Siri will not be available for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, the original iPad, and the iPad 2 without 3G capabilities. Nor will users of these devices get to use the new Flyover and turn-by-turn navigation features in iOS 6.".

And if anyone just wants people to buy a new device, it's Apple. You do remember the "upgrade" from the 3g to the 3gs right? LOL.

Apple isn't playing catch-up? LOL, are you really sipping that much Apple Kool Aid? Turn by turn navigation through Google Maps has been on Android devices for years now. That's not catch-up? Voice activated commands have also been on there for years. Apple just expanded on it. Dual core processors, stronger gpus, etc, etc, were all on Android devices first.

When Apple releases a "new" iPhone, there are Android devices with better specs that have already been in the market for 6 months to a year prior. Fact.

And to say there is no Android without Apple is just silly. The iPhone wasn't even the first smartphone lol. You don't remember the Palm Treo 600 in 2003? But whatever makes you sleep better at night bro.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
Minchkin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92792
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Coupe

Points 948, Level 16
Points: 948, Level: 16 Points: 948, Level: 16 Points: 948, Level: 16
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Minchkin Good Standing Member
Quote:
You mean all of one Apple mobile product, the iPhone?

Look, I'm not here to get into an Apple vs Android war (but I will educate while I'm here) because it's very evident that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Android. Which is typical of how Apple spoon feeds their marketing to their supporters. They don't want you guys to be informed about the competition.

Android has thousands of devices made of different spec, so of course they can't just dump the newest version of Android on each device. It's like trying to install Windows 7 on an Intel Pentium 2 machine. Makes no sense and it won't run right. Apple has one, so it makes sense why it works on all one of them.

And don't act like Apple doesn't do the same thing. I quote:
"Siri will not be available for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, the original iPad, and the iPad 2 without 3G capabilities. Nor will users of these devices get to use the new Flyover and turn-by-turn navigation features in iOS 6.".

And if anyone just wants people to buy a new device, it's Apple. You do remember the "upgrade" from the 3g to the 3gs right? LOL.

Apple isn't playing catch-up? LOL, are you really sipping that much Apple Kool Aid? Turn by turn navigation through Google Maps has been on Android devices for years now. That's not catch-up? Voice activated commands have also been on there for years. Apple just expanded on it. Dual core processors, stronger gpus, etc, etc, were all on Android devices first.

When Apple releases a "new" iPhone, there are Android devices with better specs that have already been in the market for 6 months to a year prior. Fact.

And to say there is no Android without Apple is just silly. The iPhone wasn't even the first smartphone lol. You don't remember the Palm Treo 600 in 2003? But whatever makes you sleep better at night bro.
Hell, WebOS was the first multitasking mobile os. And none of the current ones don't do it like WebOS did. All of these freeze the app in the memory, vs. letting it still run like it does on your desktop (or laptop).
SES #032
Old 06-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minchkin View Post
Hell, WebOS was the first multitasking mobile os. And none of the current ones don't do it like WebOS did. All of these freeze the app in the memory, vs. letting it still run like it does on your desktop (or laptop).
Haha I know, that was my point. There was a lot before Apple or Google ever even entered the game. I mentioned the Palm since that was more consumer based, but technically the first smart phone was in 1993 in the form of the IBM Simon. What a sight that thing was.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.