Installed my FSWERKS intake - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #91
Senayski
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110276
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL, Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 Senayski Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Other than the filter (the black foam one is an ITG filter, the green one is from a company called Green Filter or something like that), no they should be the same shielding and duct work, only the filter seems to be different.

The Green filter is much closer to the Steeda or K&N in size vs the ITG which looks to be a bit shorter in length.
Ight cool! I have an outer wears cover and I wanna put it to use so I'm going with the green. Might snag up some rb mud flaps with like green decals. All in due time

Pittsburgh brah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #92
Redclay
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98798
What I Drive: 2012,white,se

FF Reputation: 1 Redclay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The steeda cold air intake made my car so much better performance wise I run 20 inch wheels and now it goes very pleased
Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #93
Joshuaneufeld1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73094
What I Drive: 2013 oxford white ford escape se

FF Reputation: 1 Joshuaneufeld1 Good Standing Member
I love my fswerks green filter!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #94
Alerize
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114488
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Alerize Good Standing Member
So, I'm a noob as well. Enjoyed the thread and all the information shared.
So with the FSWerks and Engine cover, what does the cover look like, or who's a good name to recommend? I googled it but found a crap load of stuff from China :P
Old 05-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #95
Vanquished
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114099
What I Drive: 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus

FF Reputation: 1 Vanquished Good Standing Member
Anything come of the "running lean" scare posted earlier in this thread?

I obviously don't want to ruin my engine but I'm also not planning on doing a tune.

Was trying to decide between the K&N Typhoon and this FSWerks and I'm kinda leaning towards the FSWerks now since it's so much cheaper than the K&N. Do I have to worry about the car running too lean or was that just scare tactics?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, what is the difference in Wrinkle Black and Silver. Any pictures?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #96
Meathead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97158
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5 speed w/ Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 Meathead Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
Anything come of the "running lean" scare posted earlier in this thread?

I obviously don't want to ruin my engine but I'm also not planning on doing a tune.

Was trying to decide between the K&N Typhoon and this FSWerks and I'm kinda leaning towards the FSWerks now since it's so much cheaper than the K&N. Do I have to worry about the car running too lean or was that just scare tactics?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, what is the difference in Wrinkle Black and Silver. Any pictures?
I have not noticed any issues, and I have been running mine for about 9 months now. This is my third car with short ram, and have never had an issue on any of them.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #97
Vanquished
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
I have not noticed any issues, and I have been running mine for about 9 months now. This is my third car with short ram, and have never had an issue on any of them.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know you havent had any issues.
You think the FSWerks does a good job of keeping cold air going into the intake or you think its just pulling in the hot air from the engine compartment?
I just opened my hood after running for a bit and was surprised at how hot it was under there. I only ask because it seems the Steeda and K&N have some rubber stuff on the heat shield to "seal" against the hood where the FSWerks doesn't.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #98
Meathead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97158
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5 speed w/ Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 Meathead Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
Thanks for the reply. Good to know you havent had any issues.
You think the FSWerks does a good job of keeping cold air going into the intake or you think its just pulling in the hot air from the engine compartment?
I just opened my hood after running for a bit and was surprised at how hot it was under there. I only ask because it seems the Steeda and K&N have some rubber stuff on the heat shield to "seal" against the hood where the FSWerks doesn't.

Thanks!
If the prices were the same, I would have probably gone Steeda, because it looks to draw more cold air in, but the price difference is huge. Also, I had a problem with my filter with the FSWerks set up, and they got me a replacement ASAP, at no cost. Very good customer service. I personally buy intakes and exhaust for sound only. I am not a guy that claims 10 HP gain.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #99
Vanquished
Focus Enthusiast

After driving around my Focus in sport mode primarily (except on highways) I've decided I'm pretty happy with it's performance I don't know if it has something to do with it being a little more broken in but I am greatly more satisfied with its acceleration now than I was when i first got it. Could be my driving styles could be whatever.

So I'd be ok not getting a 10hp gain from a new intake (if it meant better sound and a cheaper price) though I'd still like a little bit of improvement just to make me feel like I didn't waste a bunch of money. My concern with the engine bay temps is that I want to make sure getting the FSWerks intake wouldn't be detrimental to my engines performance. I.E. is it worse for the engine than the stock air box because it doesn't seal? I guess I can't imagine that FSWerks would make a product that was actually worse for performance...

Finally, regarding the sound, is it a good sound or is it like taking the cover off the airbox and running with it? I did that yesterday driving up and down my street and was surprised and not really pleased with what I heard, I don't know if you ever tried that but should I be expecting a sound like that or something better?

I found a steeda for $220 used for 3 weeks (and free shipping) on eBay and am trying to decide if it's worth it over a brand new FSWerks Coolflo (green filter) with the cleaning supplied shipped for $200. I generally don't like purchasing used auto parts though for mainly warranty issues.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #100
ripto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99257
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ripto Good Standing Member
Can't comment on the FSWerks, but the K&N sounds awesome. Makes the 2.0L I4 sound mean. Growls down low and screams up top, with rumbling scattered all throughout, love it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks