MTX-75 Luk Pro Gold Clutch and Power? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
its most likely going to be 1-2 years out after I get it going.

My block is already built, with 9.0 JE pistons 85.5 Bore, eagle rods, high speed balance and polish of crank. I plan on getting the compression back up by shaving the head 30-40 mil and a thin head gasket and then when I go for boost if needed go with a new thicker gasket.

I know I have some good life still on my current clutch and was planing on going with that till it starts to be a problem or start to slip.

I had a HP goal never really to much of a TQ goal. I do plan on installing an LSD before putting it back in. The HP goal was to basically max out the stock fuel system with the boost a pump. and that was always HP limited.... I was always thinking around 325-350 HP and 300ish Ft lb's.

The Focus Sport Aluminum Flywheel is to my knowledge the same as the Fidanza but perhaps 1/2 a pound lighter IIRC.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #12
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
i wouldnt mill the head. the only option for a thicker HG is cometic and ive heard so many horror stories about them blowing out on people for no apparent reason that i would never personally risk running one in my car. run a thinner HG if you can find one but i wouldnt shave anything.

just remember that the torque is what really matters. that is what makes you fast, not the HP.

stock fuel system with a BAP can do 350-370whp/tq. i will have a cheap turbo kit, 60lb injectors, and BAP up for sale in a few months. ill probably take 2300 for the whole thing when i get done with the couple components i need from it if you want it by then. it will support 330whp/tq with the turbo it has with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #13
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Stock clutch can hold up to the highest n/a power you could ever make and even low boost. Like you heard I also heard the FS flywheel is the same and most likely it probably is, which is good then all you have to do is replace the friction material on it. Call FSwerks to be certain though.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I remember hearing at one point that the FS you can not replace the friction material on it even though it looks like it can. I will go with my current clutch for now. I did give the machine shop my flywheel when they did balancing and did not say anything about the fly wheel other then being really light even for an aluminum flywheel. But I did not ask him to specifically look at it but it may be safe to assume that since they looked at it enough to balance it out they would have notified me if there were any obvious problems.

Thanks for the offer focusmaniaczx3, I am slowly working on the finances.... heck I just ordered my head studs and still am trying to work on other things to hold out on the C-F-M oil pump.

I have talked to Tom and he has said that the 9.0:1 compression is not that far off from stock 9.6:1. So should not have that much of a difference. not sure if the 85.5mm Max bore size will actually help with anything since it will add an ever so slight increase in displacement.

This really does need to get into another post now.... but is there any point on going with a higher flow head? I was looking at a 5 angle port head with oversized valves ect. since I am going NA for a few years first. and was going to pair that with a large stage 3 cam. I know at FI you don't really heed a different head (have been on the look out for a Ford Racing head on the FS section but nothing has come up) and the stock cams work great.

So the plan was to get the head worked, and install large cams, and then when I have FI keep the head and then just swap out the cams back to the stock ones. Should I even bother with a fancy head? Once you calculate the fact that the reworked head would have new vales, valve seals, Higher rate springs and better retainers and being cleaned up and a light mill to the head to ensure its flat and to clearance for cams the valve job only adds a small cost on top of that.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 02-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
unless you have a shop that can do a good P&P and 5 angle for really cheap including opening it up for the larger valves (i assume you're wanting oversize valves if you are putting in new ones since they are the same price) i wouldnt bother with the head. sure you can actually pick up quite a few ponies from that when you are N/A and you can pick up quite a few more under lots of boost but the fact of the matter is that when you boost its actually much more sensible to add another lb or 2 of boost to make up the power difference and just run the stock head. its cheaper that way. its completely up to you though, if you are going to stay N/A for a good long while then i say knock yourself out.

im tired of waiting for an oil pump gear. i was holding out, ive sent e-mails, spoken on the phone with them, i contacted the manufacturer about making the gears and none of them are willing to do it. the only place willing would only make a batch of 300 at a time and cfm is worried that they wont be able to move enough of them, which they probably wont be able to honestly. there are only a very few people who would want, need, or even have the ability to install one of them. all im saying is dont hold your breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->