Anyone upgraded their Sony 10-speaker stereo? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF199 View Post
I know this is off topic: why do you need mileage? Its a radio problem and op will provide VIN.

Back on topic: its a really good system considering the price range if the car. I have mo plans to change/upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
mileage = warranty period

It's not that they don't care if you're out of warranty, it's just that they don't CARE($).
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #32
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I used to be a rock drummer. I have also produced recordings. So I have some hearing loss. Still, I like my sound at concert level and I am more than satisfied with the Sony system in my Ti. Several posters have said they want more volume. "What?" What happens is that when you reach a certain Db threshold your auditory system tries to attenuate the 'noise' to protect your hearing and brain. This is why what initially is perceived as LOUD seems to get quieter after a period of time, sometimes only a few minutes. Another factor is the production quality of recordings. A recording that is well engineered and produced will have lots of presence and punch. You can boost this with the compressor built into the audio processor. As someone pointed, out using the EQ and boost in your iPhone can also have a big impact. There is an app for the iPhone called the Bongiovi DPS that can really tweak sound. Ford can really improve the audio if they were to add a better EQ to the system or, better still, audio processing software. The EQ they have can is OK if one knows how to use it. The problem is that a lot of recordings are poorly produced. So before you slag the Sony or any audio system try it with a well produced recording. Want to find out how loud your audio system really is? Leave your volume way up when you shut your engine off. Then start your Focus a few hours later. You will blow your eardrums. And if you want to beat your buddies to stone deafness keep cranking the volume.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #33
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
mileage = warranty period

It's not that they don't care if you're out of warranty, it's just that they don't CARE($).
I love how car companies always care, until your out of warranty. Then you're SOL.

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #34
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
I was going to make a separate thread, but I'll just ask here.

I get a major rattling noise from what sounds like my passenger side. Bass and everything at normal levels, and it happens almost every song.

Anyone have this problem?

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
Old 09-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #35
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIce View Post
I was going to make a separate thread, but I'll just ask here.

I get a major rattling noise from what sounds like my passenger side. Bass and everything at normal levels, and it happens almost every song.

Anyone have this problem?
Its probably your reflectors on the inside of the door. Mine did it too. When your driving along with your music on and you hear the rattle/buzz, reach over and press down on them. I bet itll stop.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #36
timmytVA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102488
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray 5Dr Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 timmytVA Good Standing Member
I also don't think the 10 speaker Sony is loud enough. It sounds good but windows down, sunroof open, it is not loud enough. Don't know that there's any easy fixes though, especially since I don't want to lose any of the stock MFT functionality.

Tim
Old 09-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #37
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytVA View Post
I also don't think the 10 speaker Sony is loud enough. It sounds good but windows down, sunroof open, it is not loud enough. Don't know that there's any easy fixes though, especially since I don't want to lose any of the stock MFT functionality.

Tim
Once you open the sun roof and windows all bets are off. It takes massive watts and audio sophistication to get good sound in an open environment because the sound waves disperse in every direction and for the most part just keep going. In a closed environment you get reflected sound. Audio engineers can design for closed environments because constraints are known that is until you start opening things to the exterior. Do you have a lot money? I mean a lot of money, because you're going to need it.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #38
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Those who think the center speaker should be disconnected probably have fried hearing. Mid range is usually the first band to go. Keep cranking the volume and it won't matter because soon you won't hear much of anything.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #39
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
Those who think the center speaker should be disconnected probably have fried hearing. Mid range is usually the first band to go. Keep cranking the volume and it won't matter because soon you won't hear much of anything.
Words of wisdom regarding hearing loss. My hearing is a bit damaged from years of cranking the jams along with thousands upon thousands of hours working in rooms packed with noisy servers and networking equipment without using hearing protection all the time. Most won't listen to the advice because they're young and think they're invincible but one or two will and heed the warnings from others who have lost hearing and benefit. My Sony system is plenty loud by the way and my center speaker sounds pretty good.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #40
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Hearing loss is at epidemic levels in society today. This especially true among the younger generation who grew up with personal players and smartphones. And when companies put limiters on volume idiots quickly found ways to defeat them. The problem is that as hearing loss sets in those so affected keep cranking up the volume. Sound systems in some cars are so loud I can hear them coming blocks away.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->