Focus Fanatics Forum banner

fswerks race exhaust

26K views 64 replies 26 participants last post by  Ryokuro 
#1 ·
so i am getting the fswerks exhaust installed thursday. More than likely I will just do a normal install for this exhaust but what do you all think about making the two tips exit in the center? Just curious

#52 ·
I just read the while thread. I'm confused as to why people would use paste or just bolt on an exhaust. What happened to making or buying proper gaskets then paste on with gasket?

I hope to get the fs stealth and center exhaust it with a loder1899 rear replica and modify it to work.

#53 ·
That's because the FSWerks exhaust has no gaskets between the pipes. When you order the full exhaust (minus the header, that doesn't come with it) they give you a replacement gasket from the collector to the new pipes. That's it. I actually think most exhaust systems now only have two gaskets. The one between the engine and the manifold, and the one between the manifold and exhaust pipe. The FSWerks exhausts are joined by sliding the pipes into each other and securing it with a clamp.

#56 ·
I've ran slip on exhaust on every car I've owned and never had a single problem, you just have to do it right and make sure the hangers are in good condition. If you do it right and seal everything you get the same result as you would if you got it welded but for like fifteen bucks between clamps and sealant. It's a complete bitch to take apart though

#61 ·
None on mine, I did have a problem with the Stealth can hitting my heat shield but I was able to just bend the shield out of the way

#64 ·
I just got a stealth exhaust for my 2015 Hatch. I love it!

I currently have a snorkel delete + open ended green filter, which gave me a nice amount of sound to work with before the exhaust was installed. Will a CAI give a better/louder sound than this?

Also, with the open ended green filter, there's a bit of a whining sound when the rpms get high right before shifting. It's not high-pitched, but it's almost like, a reverberating sound. It's hard to explain. Does anyone else experience the same thing? Same thing happened when I had a closed end K&N Filter and had my airbox lid open. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, is there a way to reduce this or get rid of it?

Also, will headers make it louder? I love the deep sound of the stealth, and I was wondering if there was a way to make it any louder without switching to Race and making it as loud as that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.