Another SGM MKIII Build! Now with ST content! Both FoST and FiST!! - Page 56 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #551
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 23,835, Level 94
Points: 23,835, Level: 94 Points: 23,835, Level: 94 Points: 23,835, Level: 94
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks View Post
No, thats good! that looks great! how do you like the seats compared to the mk3? Other then that it's pretty much spec'd like your MK3 right? were there any other differences?
The seats are...tight. I'm slowly breaking into them. I definitely prefer my Mk3 (ST1) seats for daily driving, but the Recaro's are epic in spirited driving. They clamp you in place and you go nowhere laterally in them.

It's spec'd similarly to the Mk3, but missing lots of little 'gadgets'. No rain-sensing wipers, backup camera, parking sensors, etc. The Sony system isn't as loud and the all-black interior gives the feeling of being cramped and the illusion of being 'cheaper' with the lack of color accents.

What I do get is a hatch button that I hit out of habit (fog lights stay as previously set), a nearly perfect-feeling steering wheel, and the ability to defeat Traction Control with a button (in the parking-system location).
2014 FiST-
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #552
dyn085
That Guy

Points 23,835, Level 94
Level Up 49% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles View Post
Does it have the projector head lights or is that an extra even on the ST3?

With turning-lights, which are pretty neat.
2014 FiST-
Old 05-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #553
Jburks
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE RR DCT

Points 4,640, Level 43
Points: 4,640, Level: 43 Points: 4,640, Level: 43 Points: 4,640, Level: 43
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Jburks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
The seats are...tight. I'm slowly breaking into them. I definitely prefer my Mk3 (ST1) seats for daily driving, but the Recaro's are epic in spirited driving. They clamp you in place and you go nowhere laterally in them.

It's spec'd similarly to the Mk3, but missing lots of little 'gadgets'. No rain-sensing wipers, backup camera, parking sensors, etc. The Sony system isn't as loud and the all-black interior gives the feeling of being cramped and the illusion of being 'cheaper' with the lack of color accents.

What I do get is a hatch button that I hit out of habit (fog lights stay as previously set), a nearly perfect-feeling steering wheel, and the ability to defeat Traction Control with a button (in the parking-system location).
Nice, sounds pretty awesome. I didnt realize your Mk3 had rain sensing wipers, that's pretty cool. Well like i said before i'll defintely be following your thread. Looking forward to seeing what you do to it!
Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642
Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #554
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120101
What I Drive: 2013 5dr Blue Focus Ti 5 Sp

Points 153, Level 3
Points: 153, Level: 3 Points: 153, Level: 3 Points: 153, Level: 3
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Junk_Poet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085
So I took some time to pay more attention to just the intake noise (this car is insanely quiet compared to my Mk3), and I've noticed that there is nearly no change in what I remember from stock. There is a small amount of "whoosh" that you can hear before the symposer opens up, but it's very quiet and you almost have to concentrate on hearing it. I'll cap off the filter before running my errands today to see if I hear any change between cap off/on.
Hey thanks for following up on the intake. That is interesting on your intake noise. I would think it would be the same volume. Both are drop-in K&Ns...

BTW I internally fist pumped knowing that you got the ST with pretty much all options. The million dollar question is... do you have the arm rest in the back seat?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #555
dyn085
That Guy

Points 23,835, Level 94
Level Up 49% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Poet View Post
Hey thanks for following up on the intake. That is interesting on your intake noise. I would think it would be the same volume. Both are drop-in K&Ns...

BTW I internally fist pumped knowing that you got the ST with pretty much all options. The million dollar question is... do you have the arm rest in the back seat?
It's definitely interesting. I was expecting it to be quite similar, but the ST is *roughly* as loud when the symposer opens up as my Mk3 is when I have the OEM box installed with the drop-in and resonator removed. So basically, if the symposer isn't open the intake is actually quieter. To make it better, it's significantly quieter than the Mk3 with the Steeda installed, even when the symposer is open. For lack of a better descriptor, it is very mature sounding imho.

I've driven stripped-out cars for the majority of my life and have decided that I'm pretty much done with doing that. I might feel differently if I were looking at larger vehicles (maybe not, our Armada and Rubicon were both spec'ed out), but luckily for me I feel much more comfortable in a smaller and/or more fuel-efficient vehicle. There's definitely nothing wrong with lower trims (the vehicle I traded in on my first Mk3 was a Ranger XL), but now I personally want as much that is available in a model. If that means waiting a bit longer for my trade-ins to make better financial sense then that's what it takes. Get as much as you can responsibly afford to make you as happy and comfortable as possible.

As for the back seat, I just went and looked. If I remember I will post a pic tomorrow, but it is the exact same seat as in my Ti. Cupholders, headrests, stitching...I couldn't find a single difference between the rear seats of the two cars. I don't know why, but I was a little disappointed to find that out. I really shouldn't care because I don't actually ever sit back there, but still...
2014 FiST-
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #556
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Duane got an ST? Oh snap.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:53 AM   #557
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's definitely interesting. I was expecting it to be quite similar, but the ST is *roughly* as loud when the symposer opens up as my Mk3 is when I have the OEM box installed with the drop-in and resonator removed. So basically, if the symposer isn't open the intake is actually quieter. To make it better, it's significantly quieter than the Mk3 with the Steeda installed, even when the symposer is open. For lack of a better descriptor, it is very mature sounding imho.

I've driven stripped-out cars for the majority of my life and have decided that I'm pretty much done with doing that. I might feel differently if I were looking at larger vehicles (maybe not, our Armada and Rubicon were both spec'ed out), but luckily for me I feel much more comfortable in a smaller and/or more fuel-efficient vehicle. There's definitely nothing wrong with lower trims (the vehicle I traded in on my first Mk3 was a Ranger XL), but now I personally want as much that is available in a model. If that means waiting a bit longer for my trade-ins to make better financial sense then that's what it takes. Get as much as you can responsibly afford to make you as happy and comfortable as possible.

As for the back seat, I just went and looked. If I remember I will post a pic tomorrow, but it is the exact same seat as in my Ti. Cupholders, headrests, stitching...I couldn't find a single difference between the rear seats of the two cars. I don't know why, but I was a little disappointed to find that out. I really shouldn't care because I don't actually ever sit back there, but still...
We get shafted on that in the states... I believe all other markets have the Recaro rears as well.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-19-2014, 04:15 AM   #558
dyn085
That Guy

Points 23,835, Level 94
Level Up 49% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Duane got an ST? Oh snap.
Yessir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
We get shafted on that in the states... I believe all other markets have the Recaro rears as well.
Yeah, pretty much.
Here is the Ti-

And the ST-

The only difference that I notice is the stitching in the center of the Ti seats.
2014 FiST-
Old 05-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #559
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

Points 2,101, Level 27
Points: 2,101, Level: 27 Points: 2,101, Level: 27 Points: 2,101, Level: 27
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yessir!

Yeah, pretty much.
Here is the Ti-

And the ST-

The only difference that I notice is the stitching in the center of the Ti seats.
Wow....they really are a carbon copy lol.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #560
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120101
What I Drive: 2013 5dr Blue Focus Ti 5 Sp

Points 153, Level 3
Points: 153, Level: 3 Points: 153, Level: 3 Points: 153, Level: 3
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Junk_Poet Good Standing Member
Other may disagree, but the middle stitching gives it a little more refined look.

A quick search does reveal that other global STs do have recaro seats in the back.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.