Another SGM MKIII Build! - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Another SGM MKIII Build!

Ok, we know where this is going. I say some things and post lots of pics. Here we go!

I had a Red '02 ZX3 back in '02. Bone stock, de-badged, helicopter sticker on the rear glass. Loved it. It got traded in on a Ranger in '04 because I though I needed a truck. Really missed it a lot, I was surprised at how many people associated me with that vehicle. No pics (sigh).

Fast forward to Feb. I went and bought this. I was told that there weren't going to be any more Titaniums (wasn't researching them, kinda spur of the moment deal) but that this SEL was 'pretty much' a Ti-

I was happy with it. Everything was fine for a week, but then I saw two brand new Ti's on their lot. It gave me this -

My girlfriend was sad that I got a new car. She took her 2007 Nissan Armada and traded it in on this-

We rubbed that in the salesman's nose because we were initially planning on getting an Expedition. After seeing her having the top trim, I now had this -

Then at another dealership I saw this -

But I felt like this -

My name is Duane and I hope to meet some enthusiast's in person in the future!

Oh, and I love using Smilies

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161

Last edited by dyn085; 05-23-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok, my thoughts...

I am really not digging the black wheels. Just doesn't strike me on the gray car. I think it looks better with the silver. I have not seen anyone do it, but what about blacking out just the center portion of the spokes? That might look pretty neat.

And on the rear tails, I like the shape change with the dip, but for final application I really think it would look best body color.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)
Old 06-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Ok, my thoughts...

I am really not digging the black wheels. Just doesn't strike me on the gray car. I think it looks better with the silver. I have not seen anyone do it, but what about blacking out just the center portion of the spokes? That might look pretty neat.

And on the rear tails, I like the shape change with the dip, but for final application I really think it would look best body color.
I pretty much agree with you on the wheels, though I need to see the monochrome and red calipers before changing them up. I have some ideas...

I think you will like the tails on completion. That update will occur in 3-4 weeks as my schedule is about to get busy.

Thanks for the input!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
Albarry
Sonic Crew #016

Fan#: 87877
What I Drive: 2012 Sport completely stock, DCT

FF Reputation: 8 Albarry Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Good choice in color, i think color matched wheels would look great on the car,
Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
My only question, and this isn't meant to be rude or mean, but why bother with the MS3 rear motor mount on a DD? Not like you're slamming the gears with the pedal to the metal and getting that engine to rock back and forth... are you? And even then that really only applies to the manual Ti.

Other than that, I think you have some cool ideas aesthetically, of course the eyelids and rear light "lids" should be body color, but the rear shape does look really cool. Black wheels are meh to me, but this is your car not mine, so if you like it you should keep it.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albarry View Post
Good choice in color, i think color matched wheels would look great on the car,
The color is one of the best, imho. Maybe the Race Red would have swayed me (Power Surge), but it wasn't offered in the Ti. SGM, for use, cleanliness appearance, and scratch/swirl hiding- I don't think it can be beat. And I can't tell for sure, but if I am seeing your avatar correctly then I will need to choose a new RACING STRIPE! I must think now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
My only question, and this isn't meant to be rude or mean, but why bother with the MS3 rear motor mount on a DD? Not like you're slamming the gears with the pedal to the metal and getting that engine to rock back and forth... are you? And even then that really only applies to the manual Ti.

Other than that, I think you have some cool ideas aesthetically, of course the eyelids and rear light "lids" should be body color, but the rear shape does look really cool. Black wheels are meh to me, but this is your car not mine, so if you like it you should keep it.
Your post didn't come off wrong, constructive criticism can help me as many things are just concepts in my head. I wanted the mount to help firm up the shifts. When the DCT isn't cooperating (which is less after the last update), a little less slop would be nice. That, and I've seen some of the dyno video's...this mount needs help with engines that have more power. Just trying to stay ahead of the game.

I think that when the final product starts to come together, it will look better than the Dip mods. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet, though
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
ottotroll
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63610
What I Drive: Now -2002 svt.....build #3789

FF Reputation: 4 ottotroll Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Looks good, but I don't like black wheels.....
Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Yeah this looked fine until the wheels. The wheels make it look super ghetto.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
dude haters gonna hate. i love the black wheels haha. because they're different, they're cool man ....maybe i'll do them one day!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
dyn085
That Guy

I'm seeing a pattern here...and I do appreciate the responses. All black wheels may not be in the cards, but I am going to keep sporting them while the rest of the mods begin their final application. Then, when the rest of the exterior/suspension mods are on, I'll post a pic both before and after the removal of the plasti-dip. This is, of course, assuming the dip lasts another month or two. I'm generally too busy (lazy) to hand wash and typically run through the pressure wash 3 weeks a month.

I do have a few alternate ideas for the wheels, something I'll play with prior to final paint...

I also wonder if the pics are throwing it off. Those who have seen the car in person love the change. Even I hate the way it looks in the pics...Idk, we'll see.

Thanks again for the comments!

Bookmarks & Social Networks