01 Focus won't crank - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
matt3260
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104959
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 matt3260 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
01 Focus won't crank

I just bought an 01 focus with a Zetec and 11200 mi. Brought it home, it started running crappy. I discovered that the valley where the spark plugs are was full of coolant, which I discovered that was coming from one of the threaded freeze plugs. I cleaned that all out and now the car all of the sudden wont crank, when I turn the key the relay under the dash clicks but I don't get any power at the starter. I have jumped the starter at the starter relay and got it to crank, but still won't start. Although I did get it to start yesterday and ran fine but today won't start again. Any suggestions? I was a mechanic for a few years out of high school, now I'm a electrician. Never worked on one of these before though. I'm assuming its something electrical, but not sure where to start, I've checked all the obvious, fuses, relays etc. I there sensors that are in line after the starter relay that won't send power to the starter?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks & Social Networks