Window tinting - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #61
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
alright I'll look into it. being quoted at 300 for a mk1 sedan though, idk how soon this will actually happen
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #62
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
No one seems to care about my earlier post so i'll ask again. Delaware law says I can't tint the front windows past 75% so it'd be a waste of money to do it. (not to mention hard to find that kind of tint) Should I bother tinting the rear? Would it look dumb without any front tint at all? I was thinking 35% so the contrast isn't too much.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #63
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
No one seems to care about my earlier post so i'll ask again. Delaware law says I can't tint the front windows past 75% so it'd be a waste of money to do it. (not to mention hard to find that kind of tint) Should I bother tinting the rear? Would it look dumb without any front tint at all? I was thinking 35% so the contrast isn't too much.
Screw the law, Ive found, as long as the cop can see a shadow, most cops don't care.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #64
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by old1030 View Post
Are you having any problems seeing at night when backing up going 5% in the back?
yep. you get used to it. i use my mirrors more and it is a small car.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #65
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
Screw the law, Ive found, as long as the cop can see a shadow, most cops don't care.
Such sound advice from such an esteemed member of the forums. Laws are a crutch for the weak.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 10-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #66
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
I've seen a lot of cars with dual-tone tink front/back windows. As long as it's not too different, i think it looks fine.

I can't tint my front much bc i go to NH sometimes and the live free or die state doesn't seem to want anyone to have tinted windows. :\
Old 11-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #67
okaythen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120373
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST3 Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 okaythen Good Standing Member
hi guys over here in Nevada they don't have restriction on window tint. I plan to get the darkest possible to go with my black focust st. But also want visibility and safety for night driving, what do you guys recommend? limo tint, double tint etc? I am probably prepared to lose some visibility for night driving but not too much.

think I will also get a strip across the front windshield, but there are people that actually tint the entire windshield?!?!? maybe a light one? I might not do that heh. thanks guys
Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #68
daveydave
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119964
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 daveydave Good Standing Member
This is a timely thread. I just bought my Focus (new) and am looking at tinting it. It looks like it has a fair amount of tint already from the factory when compared to other cars I see. Maybe 50%? I'm guessing that's baked-in to the glass from Ford? The place around here people seem to use is LA Tint and they have a few different kinds. One says it does not interfere with radio frequencies. Huh? Do I need that on a Focus? Or is that just for cars with antennas in the rear window glass?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #69
Shru63
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119783
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red Focus SE (5 speed)

FF Reputation: 1 Shru63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveydave View Post
This is a timely thread. I just bought my Focus (new) and am looking at tinting it. It looks like it has a fair amount of tint already from the factory when compared to other cars I see. Maybe 50%? I'm guessing that's baked-in to the glass from Ford? The place around here people seem to use is LA Tint and they have a few different kinds. One says it does not interfere with radio frequencies. Huh? Do I need that on a Focus? Or is that just for cars with antennas in the rear window glass?
I don't believe the focus actually has factory window tint, or at least my 14 se does not...
For myself, I went with suntek carbon tint at 25 percent on side windows and hatch, 5 percent on moonroof, and 5 percent with the strip across the windshield ( 5 inches)...
Laws for ohio are 35 percent on front 2 windows and can go any tint from there.. I don't know what your laws are though. At least i am extremely happy with the 25 percent, I did not want to go to 20 percent all around, thinking for me at least it would be a bit to dark..
The radio frequency tint would be carbon tint like i have, High performance is supposed to have metal in the tint, which some say can interfere with cell phones and so on, But honestly my tinter said he has never had any issues with the stuff on his own vehicles.
He did say, that if you had the radio antennna built into the glass (which a focus does not) he than said he would go with the carbon over the High performance tint
I just went with the bit more expensive stuff (carbon tint), because that is just me, I did not want to go with ceramic tint either, I am extremely happy with the suntek carbon at 25 percent, actually i love it and so does anyone else that has seen my tint job.
The place where i got mine done was a small shop, but the tint is cut by machine and not by hand, the fit is unbelievable...
Cost for my tint job at my place was 351.00 for everything, if i went with the High performance tint instead, it would have been 60.00 cheaper...

As far as being legal and illegal, most states vary of course, even though my front two windows are slightly illegal, most cops won't worry about it to much around here, Unless you do infact get pulled over by a state cop..
than they will check out your tint, But i don't ever go more than 5 mph over the speed limit, my days of drag racing or racing on the freeways are long gone...
To me anyone that tints their windows extremely dark are crazy, you are putting yourself,your passengers and anyone else out there at risk, mainly because it will be alot harder to see what is going on around you at night..

Sorry for the long winded post =)
Old 11-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #70
okaythen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120373
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST3 Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 okaythen Good Standing Member
found a tint shop that got 5,15 and 30% for suntek, but not sure which suntek it is. I think I am going to do 5% all around it gets hot here in Vegas, wonder if I will be able to see at night lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks