03 SVT ZX5 (and a wagon) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-15-2014, 01:41 AM   #1
svt c a n u c k
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117522
What I Drive: 2003 SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 svt c a n u c k Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
03 SVT ZX5 (and a wagon)

I could have sworn I had done this already, but apparently not. The title has "and a wagon" in brackets because this will mostly be about my SVT, but there will be the occasional cameo by the kid limo.

Damm time flies. I picked up my SVT 4 years ago.
I was in an accident that resulted in the total loss of my 'inherited from Granny' daily driver. It was an 02 Taurus. I never would have bought that car since it is a grampa type car, but since it was inherited (free) I accepted it and drove it. I eventually grew to almost like it. But now it's gone. My wife and I also have an 02 Focus wagon and always said if we had to buy another car it would be a Focus. So given the opportunity to go car shopping I went looking for Focus wagons and 5 doors. I got lucky and found an 03 SVT Focus ZX5 with only 82000kms for a great price. The down side was it looked like crap. The previous owner parked by braille, and must have driven through a lot of bushes because the paint is scratched all over. The good side is my mechanic said it was in great shape mechanically. Needed a few things but nothing major.

I love it. And my boys affectionately call it 'Daddy's sports car.'

Soon after I got it.

Found some pretty nice wheels and tires on CL.

Won an auction for some more nice wheels.

Machined some spacers at work. (6mm & 3mm)

Got some magnetic numbers and letters made at my last job.

Random shot of the my wife's car. 5 speed wagon freshly washed with summer rims and black lug nuts.

Last shot is pretty recent, this is from a couple years ago after a long road trip.

It desperately needs a suspension refresh. I picked these up recently. Brand new.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
svt c a n u c k
Focus Rookie

I'm a brokeass bloke and I really probably shouldn't own a home and a car, but I love my car and need it to get to work, and I've worked too damm hard to keep my home to give up now. I mention this because I've had a slipping clutch for over a year now, and I can finally see the light. I lost my job recently and it set me back thousands, but I've worked over 100hours of OT in the last 2 months at my new job and I'm just waiting for some parts to get here and instead of sitting in the basement like it has for 3months, I should have this in my car before the month's end.

I had a light on and a quick scan from a friend's handheld scanning device said misfire on cylinder 1. He said I should try new plugs and wires, so I ordered these.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Nice pair of cars, even if you've got some work to do.

S.R. #275
Old 06-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
svt c a n u c k
Focus Rookie

SVT got some work done today. Nothing special here, just a nasty dirty 'before' shot.

I think maybe, just maybe, this might possibly have been the reason for misfire....maybe. (where's the sarcasm font when you really need it?) I'm honestly surprised my car was even running still, plug gap was over. 060 and electrodes were nearly non-existent.

And a much nicer 'after' pic. I must have done something right because it fired right up and idled nicely.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
CarGuyNeil
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118171
What I Drive: Cars, cars, cars

FF Reputation: 1 CarGuyNeil Good Standing Member
What did you d with the auction nice wheels? Are they white?
Before: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus/Born on date 08/01/2002/#3784 of 4788
Now: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus/Born on date 04/30/2002/#1595 of 4788
Old 06-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
svt c a n u c k
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuyNeil View Post
What did you d with the auction nice wheels? Are they white?
Yes, they indeed are white. They are sitting in their boxes in the spare room waiting for tires. They were going to be race wheels, but my OZs are lighter. Then I almost got another set of OZs, so they were going to be winter wheels. Right now the type of tire that will end up on them is in limbo.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #7
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Plug didn't have anything to do with it, they work fine with broken insulators....

Makin' some progress there!

S.R. #275

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->