HELP 02 Focus wont start - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
drewburkey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107817
What I Drive: 2002 Navy Blue Base

FF Reputation: 1 drewburkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy HELP 02 Focus wont start

Hey, i am the new owner of an 02 FOcus base model, i got the car, drove it over to my moms work. Everything ran fine no problems brought her out to show her and everything was good. Afterwards went back out to start my car and it wouldnt start. All of the accesories worked all lights worked without diming it just wouldnt crank. next morning come back to the car and it starts rigth up no problems. I drive to oreillys and throw a scanner on it, it had a mis fire so i bought new plugs and wires and put them on when i got home. started up fine that morining. That night went to go somewhere and nothign, all accesories work but wont crank. I've tried cleaning the key, starting in neutral, movign the wheel, check security and it passed, unplugged and cleaned battery terminal, tried knocking on starter (don't know if i did or not its hard to reach), tried giving gas, hitting break and fuel saftey switch none have worked. please help :(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
BC_ZX3
DTC P0606

Fan#: 48751
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 Turbo

Points 2,016, Level 27
Points: 2,016, Level: 27 Points: 2,016, Level: 27 Points: 2,016, Level: 27
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 86 BC_ZX3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Auto or manual?
"Check security and it passed" - so the PATS indicator light in the middle of the dash went out after inserting the ignition key, right?
Sounds like a neutral safety switch problem or faulty starter relay or faulty starter motor, perhaps.
When it fails to start, you need to methodically test starter system components and wiring to find out where the circuit is open.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
drewburkey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107817
What I Drive: 2002 Navy Blue Base

FF Reputation: 1 drewburkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yea the security system is good, im trying to get the starter out today and its a pain in the A**. i dont have power tools s its all by hand and i switched the starter relay with aother relay that was teh same and it still didtn start so i dont think its that. so trying to get the starter motor out, not fun.

Bookmarks & Social Networks