Do you want to loose weight? I lost 76 in 3 months - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #41
hardSVT
Turbo Freak

Fan#: 53566
What I Drive: 03 svtf

FF Reputation: 5 hardSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I'm getting a lot of Pms about this anything I can do for u guys let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #42
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I wanted to share my weight loss but I didn't think anyone would care. lol I just simply stopped drinking pop I dropped 20 lbs in a month. I do need to eat healthier though I just sweat my butt off at work and no pop and it disappeared. I still only drink water and gator-aid.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #43
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well I finally decided to watch that documentry fat sick and nearly dead. It was really crazy with that truck driver guy Phil. I think I am gonna try to detox for 10 days and see how I feel after lol hopefully I'll lose around 4 pounds during those 10 days but regardless I think those 10 days will help me learn to eat better foods. Thanks for the thread man :).
Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #44
hardSVT
Turbo Freak

I'm glad I could help! One thing I kept telling myself was its only 60 days
Old 06-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #45
Dads03SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58979
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Dads03SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did you ever get leg cramps??
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #46
hardSVT
Turbo Freak

No I pulled a muscle tho! Vitamin b12 helps a lot
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #47
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
I am going to "try" it.

I have a lot of reasons to just give up, but I'll try it out. I sometimes use the stress of my life/job to stop my ideas. I would give my left nut to be 50 lbs lighter.

Here's to hope! I can manage to hang on 60 days.

I need to watch the video too. I'm curious if he does juice period now, forever, or if he can actually enjoy normal food. I know that when you cut back your stomach shrinks which reduces your desire to eat more. So maybe that's what it was. He lost all that weight, stomach got smaller, and for him eating smaller portions was nothing.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #48
hardSVT
Turbo Freak

I truly don't eat like I used to. I used to eat a fat plate of food and maybe a second now I get through half the plate food and I'm stuffed!
I.eat crap ton of vegetables and fruits and lots of salmon probably three times a week
I have had a couple juices since I started eating again but now I'm focusing on eating healthy foods
Old 06-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #49
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Back in the day when I was writing for our Fitness Forum, I was trying to relate all the information I found out about juicers. I think there's a lot more out there, and definitely some recipes are available online that will help you. Spices will help also. If you like hot spicy, then Tumeric- the spicy in brown mustard- and Cayenne have their own health benefits well known in the nutrition circles. Check out Cayenne Pepper.info. Dr. Oz often recommends tumeric, and there are many resources about the benefits of Tumeric online, here's one 20 Health Benefits of Tumeric.

Now, about juicers, there are 3 different types. Your typical juicer is a centrifugal juicer. It's basically fast spinning blades that chop up the material, then throw it against the side of the juicer, and spinning force pushes the juice out of the pieces. The problem with these is that the high speed and heat generated from the cutting destroys amino acids and breaks down some nutrients. Juices made from centrifugal juicers must be drunk immediately before more break down occurs. Typically juices from these types of juicers will last no longer than an hour even if refrigerated immediately.

The next two types are very similar to each other, and both use a screw to mash the material and make juice.
A masticating juicer uses one screw, and a triturating juicer uses 2 screws.

Old masticating designs- still available today for $2k (!!!)- of juicers require a press to remove the juice from the ground up materials. It's a 2 step process, and this type of juicer is what is recommended for people interested in The Gerson Therapy. I highly recommend any of you who are interested in juicing and nutrition through juicing your own vegetable juice to order that book. There is more information about juicing in there than on the internet. It's an old book written by a man who left Nazi Germany for the USA. He claimed that his therapy would cure cancer and other diseases, but no effective studies have ever been done to prove it. At any rate, there is nothing wrong with getting all your nutrients through juicing, and he proved that a long time ago even though the cancer claims have not been verified.

A triturating juicer uses 2 screws that mash the material and simultaneously push the ground up pulp like a press to remove the juice. Some triturating juicers use magnets embedded in the screws to increase the amount of time before the juices break down. Some triturating juicers will also aid you in making pasta, so if you want home-made spinach spaghetti- you can do it! This is probably the best juicer. You'll get more juice per pound of veggies, and the juice will last for weeks depending on what you've combined. Masticating juicers and presses will get slightly more, and last just as long, but the Triturating is the most convenient. One thing that is a problem is that it takes longer to make the juice. Instead of having juice ready in 30 mins, it might take 1 hour. The benefits are worth it though because you can make juice once per week in your spare time, and enjoy it all week long. That's just one benefit. You also get many more times the nutrients and essential building blocks from the veggies. Triturating juicers are more expensive than centrifugal juicers- better nutrition costs more- but you can find very good triturating juicers for around $600.

As a side note, there has recently been a discovery that salt doesn't affect blood pressure like it was once thought to do, so there's no need to avoid it in your foods. That can help with some taste issues.

Another side note, for those who want to go totally veggie, Chlorella and Spirulina especially can help you grow muscle mass without meat. There are many sources of information online, here's one from LiveStrong.com Health Benefits of Spirulina and Chlorella. I don't know if that site has ordering or not, but I've found some good deals on these 2, and other essential parts of a nutritional diet at www.nutsonline.com.

I won't be joining totally veggies or vegans, but I can help if I know something. I am very interested in nutrition, spices, superfoods, and how to integrate these things into modern food. I wish there were more methods for making it tasty, and I'm sure there are. Another problem I have is what to mix with what for storage. It's probably not advisable to mix acidic and high carb fruit juices with veggie juice- although as you mentioned, you might want to for taste's sake.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #50
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Whynot;

I'm health stupid--the extent of my knowledge predates Military. We ate like horses, ran like pigs, threw up and did it all over again. I was in the best shape of my life when I served and I literally ate more then I do now.

So, here's my question. I want a juicer, can you recommend or pointing me in the direction of the proper type I should get? My need is simple; I work in the city, transport by train, so I would need to take 2-4 juices with me for the day (I have a fridge at work) just in case I don't get home in time.

Just to point out something; meat/soda is a myth, I swear to god.

I stopped drinking soda 3 years ago, and red meat 6 years ago (medical reason.) I haven't lost anything. All I drink is water all day long and maybe some unsweet tea if I need just a different flavor. The soda pop machine I never touch, EVER. I don't drink alcohol (really), maybe once in a blue moon but I'm such a weak sauce that one beer and you can get my pants off. Ok I'm kidding about the pants.

Bookmarks & Social Networks