2012 Focus SE cruise control - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
adamc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90587
What I Drive: '12 SE Green Glass 5 Door, 1922 "T"

FF Reputation: 2 adamc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have also just joined the 'non functional' cc. :-(

Reading the other threads, it sure sounds to me that FORD needs a few lessons
In customer service.....
' no problem found'. Is NOT a diagnosis......
It is just BS

Is there a quick fix ?
There is mention of a clock spring ?
I was not aware that ford built cars with clock springs

Any pointers or tips to fix it ?

The Trouble with doing nothing, is that you can't tell if you're finished
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo69 View Post
I have an appointment on Monday. I have been experimenting a bit and have found a way to get the Cruise Control to come on.

First I start the car. Then I use the lever that allows you to position the steering wheel. If I use a little force and bump the steering wheel upwards, and hit the control button after each bump, after about 2 or 3 bumps, the controls start to work.

I will show them this on Monday, and I hope it speeds up the diagnostics.
Thank you for the update, Gringo69. Please let me know how your appointment goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc View Post
I have also just joined the 'non functional' cc. :-(

Any pointers or tips to fix it ?
Hi adamc,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager to assist. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
adamc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90587
What I Drive: '12 SE Green Glass 5 Door, 1922 "T"

FF Reputation: 2 adamc Good Standing Member
Ford service...
Pm coming,

Thanks. Adam

The Trouble with doing nothing, is that you can't tell if you're finished
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc View Post
...Pm coming...
Hi Adam,

Thank you for letting me know. I look forward to receiving your PM.

Todd

Last edited by FordService; 10-22-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Edited formatting
Old 11-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
Gringo69
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119632
What I Drive: 2012 Charcoal Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Gringo69 Good Standing Member
It's been 2 weeks since the dealership in Lakewood, WA fixed the wiring harness and I haven't had any issues since then.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
Taylor0308
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 121929
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Taylor0308 Good Standing Member
I'm having the same issue. Started last fall, but wife/I only had one car, and since Ford doesn't offer courtesy cars, I waited, as I refused to pay for a rental car on my Focus that had 9,000 miles. It only works about 50% of the time, but goes to 0% when it's cold outside. When I told the dealer my problem, they said "Our Mechanic will start the car up and test it, and he'll do that 3 times...if it works 3 times, we'll go on to a different car as there will be no issue reported." Which, is unacceptable in my book (this came from the service manager, no less).

My wife and I have a second car now, and I'm going to call now to get it into service. Hopefully they don't give me any trouble looking at it, as it's at 35,971 miles now. Frustrating that Ford doesn't offer courtesy cars...I've never heard of a company not offering them. Oh well.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor0308 View Post
I'm having the same issue. Started last fall, but wife/I only had one car, and since Ford doesn't offer courtesy cars, I waited, as I refused to pay for a rental car on my Focus that had 9,000 miles. It only works about 50% of the time, but goes to 0% when it's cold outside. When I told the dealer my problem, they said "Our Mechanic will start the car up and test it, and he'll do that 3 times...if it works 3 times, we'll go on to a different car as there will be no issue reported." Which, is unacceptable in my book (this came from the service manager, no less).

My wife and I have a second car now, and I'm going to call now to get it into service. Hopefully they don't give me any trouble looking at it, as it's at 35,971 miles now. Frustrating that Ford doesn't offer courtesy cars...I've never heard of a company not offering them. Oh well.

Hi Taylor0308,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who'll work directly with your dealer on a resolution. Please send me a DM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

Todd

Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Gringo69
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119632
What I Drive: 2012 Charcoal Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Gringo69 Good Standing Member
Courtesy Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor0308 View Post

Not sure why they didn't offer a car to you. When I turned mine in, they let me use a Ford Flex for 3 days. I guess it's up to the individual dealership. Maybe you could call a different one in your area to see if they have them.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
Cubedtothex
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119677
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Cubedtothex Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo69 View Post
I have an appointment on Monday. I have been experimenting a bit and have found a way to get the Cruise Control to come on.

First I start the car. Then I use the lever that allows you to position the steering wheel. If I use a little force and bump the steering wheel upwards, and hit the control button after each bump, after about 2 or 3 bumps, the controls start to work.

I will show them this on Monday, and I hope it speeds up the diagnostics.

Update:

took it to the dealer today and they verified that the wiring harness is bad and they are going to replace it on Wed.

I'm having the same exact issue, but instead, they want to install a 3rd switch. It was replaced once before and I encountered the same problem. I felt like I had to prove my case person by person as the techs keep saying nothing is wrong and I have to go at least 30 MPH for it to engage. I know how my car works, thanks. It was the cat that it would not turn on at all! I even showed the tech video evidence the morning I brought it in and previous occurrences. I let them know to test everything they need to in order to get it fixed.

Mine is currently in the shop, and they were nice enough to pay for a rental for me...a 2nd time. It's a problem that should have been fixed the first time and I have to be a little firm with them, but then they are very accommodating.

This to me seems to be either a clockspring or wiring harness issue and nothing to do with a switch. I haven't heard any updates, but I'm happy as long as I have a way to get to work. I am thankful they haven't yet left me completely high and dry.

My question is this, I am approaching 36,000 (currently almost 29,000). If this keeps happening and it's out of warranty, they have to abide by the fact that it wasn't fixed properly under warranty and I would not be responsible for the repair cost, correct?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
feroc28
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 131697
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Gray, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 feroc28 Good Standing Member
Issues with 2012 ford focus SE cruise control

I have also had issues with my cruise control. I recently bought a used 2012 Ford Focus SE, with 35,000 miles on it. I've had the car for 2.5 months and in the last 2 weeks started seeing issues with my car's cruise control. It seems like the colder of the day, the less likely the cruise control will work. The last three days it has not worked at all. I contacted the dealer I bought the car from, who stated that they could look at the car but now that the car is off of its bumper to bumper warranty, I would have to pay for any repairs to the cruise control. I'm not to happy with that anwser considering I've had the car for two months and the cruise started to go on me. Cold weather should not make or break cruise control.

Bookmarks & Social Networks