Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3 - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #61
grayzx35speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94839
What I Drive: 2006 Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 grayzx35speed Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im actually a Cobalt SSTC fan but if I had to choose any if these cars I have ro say the Focus or the GTI but dont take my word to heart. I realllly despise the Civic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #62
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX4STDoug View Post
This interior technology you speak of is the primary reason I don't have stronger interest in the ST. Personally, I don't like the interior layout of the new Focus, as I don't personally have a whole lot of use for "features" such as MyFordTouch etc. Just another driver distraction imo. I feel the interior in my car is one of it's strong suites - it's clean, simply laid out, ergonomics are spot on, and build quality is excellent.

Posted via FF Mobile You dont have to get MyFord Touch, but yea, the GTis interior is alittle more basic then the STs regardless.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #63
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

Points 7,035, Level 55
Points: 7,035, Level: 55 Points: 7,035, Level: 55 Points: 7,035, Level: 55
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_zx3 View Post
Whaaaa? Very interesting...and as far as the interior of the GTI's go, I agree with Doug e fresh. They definitely have a simple yet tasteful design. I like plaid...
I love the interlagos, too. Much prefer it over the leather seats VW offers.
I also like the fact that anyone can hop in and figure out how to do something as basic as tune the radio. Sometimes simple is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile You dont have to get MyFord Touch, but yea, the GTis interior is alittle more basic then the STs regardless.
Correct, but like other manufacturers (including VW) to get other items I'd like (HIDs etc) you have to get other crap you don't necessarily need or want -such as a moonroof (VW) or MyFordTouch (Ford) - I know it's all marketing and is easier for them to produce 3 packages vs. offering stand alone options, but it would probably keep me from buying the car.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #64
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,098, Level 40
Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
While I'm not a big fan of lots of cars I don't think I can say I hate one if I've never driven it but all manufacterers have their good cars in most cases.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #65
grayzx35speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94839
What I Drive: 2006 Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 grayzx35speed Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
While I'm not a big fan of lots of cars I don't think I can say I hate one if I've never driven it but all manufacterers have their good cars in most cases.
I just dislike the Civic because the engine sounds like a pack of angry honey bees. And they just seem ugly to me. My buddy owned one and it just didnt seem that fast. All lag and no go until like 6000 rpm
Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #66
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,098, Level 40
Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Yeah,Hondas are a bit gutless down low but they got VTEC yo! hehe

I driven a few that are fun but the Civic doesn't compare to the Integra which IMO handled and looked better and they had the Type R which sounded awesome at 9000rpm and reliable as hell.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #67
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar92 View Post
1.) I don't need 400 bhp because I feel like it is to much for me to handle before learning to seriously drive.

2.) how am I chauvinist for pointing out that more guys are into cars than girls?

3.) say what you will but if you can't truly appreciate a car for what it is why own it?

4.) fast cars are Just oversteer disasters waiting to happen.

All I am saying is, be it guy or girl I don't feel like you can truly appreciate that much power if you can't even drive it with out wrecking it first. So many people wreck their cars due to throttle induced oversteer. That is where the girl thing comes in not very many girls ( as opposed to guys )love cars enough to want to learn to drive them fast properly. I apologize if my op came out the wrong way was not trying in anyway to point out that guys are more superior to girls.
400whp in the right car is not a lot. the new CTS-V is 556 and its a blast to drive, even under part throttle. fast cars are oversteer waiting to happen? sounds like you dont know how to drive a car to me. ive driven the piss out of 600-700-800 whp cars and never once had a car be in a position where i thought i was going to have disastrous oversteer. even a improperly set up 200whp car will oversteer and be a huge disaster. know your car, know your limits, and you'll be safe.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #68
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Exactly what I am trying to say. Know your car know its limits learn to drive it safe. I have seen people buy vettes mustangs BMW's and wreck them one person literally died because they didn't know the limits to their BMW.their rich parents bought the person a BMW 335i for their first car and then it was pedal to the metal with out getting to learn the limits to that 335. Just trying to say take it slow learn how the car reacts to different things before going crazy with the gas pedal.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #69
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
The only reason there are "countless videos on YouTube also of people wrecking beautiful cars" is because people only take video of beautiful cars... no one takes video of a VW Beetle crashing because it's a boring car...

Bottom line:
Some people can't handle driving regardless of the HP figure of their car.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #70
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
Bottom line:
Some people can't handle driving regardless of the HP figure of their car.
Yea exactly it just this was about fast cars but yea alot of people just can't handle driving that's all I am trying to say. They get a nice car and drive it past it's limits before learning how that car reacts to different things ( hard breaking or throttle response )

Bookmarks & Social Networks