Horrible seller - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]long-post warning[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #11
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

Points 7,787, Level 59
Points: 7,787, Level: 59 Points: 7,787, Level: 59 Points: 7,787, Level: 59
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_mclaren View Post
I would have left a comment to them to resolve the issue before sending them a nasty e-mail. They clearly want to work with you or they wouldn't sent the first pictures. Yes they should have packaged them properly and I'm sure they was damaged during shipping. If they was willing to help you out before the purchase then they would have most likely help you resolve it but possibly not after the email unless paypal can pay you back. I have always had good transactions from ebay users and great communication. Most will send a recipe to talk to them if any issues occur.
Yeah... That's why I didn't curse in the email, but I was pretty pissed. I had NO IDEA what to do before reading the responses from this thread though, I'm still convinced they're gonna stick me because there was no shipping insurance.

I'm also freaking out about a set of tail lights I shipped to Amsterdam a week ago! The only solace in that situation is that I packed them myself and went overboard on the bubble wrap (3 layers and paper crumples in an adequately-sized box)... I don't wanna slander my own name on the forums by shipping something improperly and wasting everyone's time.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Points 7,787, Level 59
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
A dispute has been filed with PayPal and a complaint has been filed with eBay.co.uk as well as the initial email sent directly to the seller. Ugh!
Old 05-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #13
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 32,613, Level 100
Points: 32,613, Level: 100 Points: 32,613, Level: 100 Points: 32,613, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Good luck man.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

Points 21,357, Level 92
Points: 21,357, Level: 92 Points: 21,357, Level: 92 Points: 21,357, Level: 92
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%
FF Reputation: 23 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Yeah, it could've been shipping.
Month ago I sent a package age via USPS and it looked like it went through a compactor when the guy got it and all the parts were destroyed. :(
Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Points 7,787, Level 59
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Well, this whole process just keeps getting better! I'm attempting to sort things out with the seller before I 'escalate the claim' with PayPal and eBay, and the guy was getting back to me pretty quick up until I asked for my money back; now I haven't heard a peep in a week! I sent one last-ditch email hoping to extract some info about my refund, so I wanna wait until Monday night before I move forward.

EFF THIS SUCKS!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Points 7,787, Level 59
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Well good news; my faith has be restored in online purchasing.

The manager had reviewed the circumstances after I sent another email and the company has instructed me to keep what parts ARE salvageable and trash everything else.

So first thing Monday morning, they're refunding my money.

I'm going to post the communications here after work as a cautionary tale for online purchases. To the moderator of this thread : I'd like to re-title this thread "Cautionary Tales of Online/Overseas Transactions". I've amended my first post to eliminate the sellers names, and edited the sentence structure to be used as reference information to folks considering an overseas purchase.

Matt / Chris
sorry to take so long but having gone through the whole story I elect to refund the lights

Chris – please remind me first thing Monday to refund Matt

Matt – throw away the broken parts and keep the good parts as spares

Hope this is okay with both of you ?

best Regards G---- H----

Last edited by Mile30; 05-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco

Fan#: 145
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

Points 16,344, Level 81
Points: 16,344, Level: 81 Points: 16,344, Level: 81 Points: 16,344, Level: 81
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
Sorry to see such a rare set of headlights show up that way. Morettes are made of some pretty thin plastic. You can recoup some of the cost selling the projectors as they are pretty good, made by valeo IIRC.

As to ebay, I have had a few unfortunate situations, but paypal always ruled in my favor, so a waste of time and money for a few weeks.

I suggest you file with ebay and paypal. Ebay's buyer protection, if the auction was covered is pretty thorough. I'd wait to sell anything before there are any judgements.

As to buying headlights from Europe goes, you are not the first to have broken headlights show up. Mostly broken mounting tabs, but still, not 100%. If I were to make any suggestions for the future, there are shops that sell worldwide who have thousands of transactions and 99%+ feedback. I would take a shot with one of them as they should have better packaging, should being the key word.

I had a semi recent ebay experience this year with an american seller for a set of Mach headlights. When they showed up, they were trashed. I filed with ebay and paypal and the seller refunded the full amount of the purchase and let me keep the Machs, so I parted them out ;) .

Good luck.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Points 7,787, Level 59
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodWagon View Post
Sorry to see such a rare set of headlights show up that way. Morettes are made of some pretty thin plastic. You can recoup some of the cost selling the projectors as they are pretty good, made by valeo IIRC.

As to ebay, I have had a few unfortunate situations, but paypal always ruled in my favor, so a waste of time and money for a few weeks.

I suggest you file with ebay and paypal. Ebay's buyer protection, if the auction was covered is pretty thorough. I'd wait to sell anything before there are any judgements.

As to buying headlights from Europe goes, you are not the first to have broken headlights show up. Mostly broken mounting tabs, but still, not 100%. If I were to make any suggestions for the future, there are shops that sell worldwide who have thousands of transactions and 99%+ feedback. I would take a shot with one of them as they should have better packaging, should being the key word.

I had a semi recent ebay experience this year with an american seller for a set of Mach headlights. When they showed up, they were trashed. I filed with ebay and paypal and the seller refunded the full amount of the purchase and let me keep the Machs, so I parted them out ;) .

Good luck.
The seller was good with communications and after 4-5 emails everything seems to be fleshing out well. Overseas stuff is a little complicated due to the time differences, and I usually don't have any issues... This particular seller kept in touch and I only ever had to look into PayPal and eBay follow-ups; but it's ended up alright. If nothing else the seller, and now the enthusiasts, knows to use a larger box than before. If you order anything from the UK and have the opportunity to request extra packaging materials, also request a slightly larger box, too!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco

Fan#: 145
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

Points 16,344, Level 81
Points: 16,344, Level: 81 Points: 16,344, Level: 81 Points: 16,344, Level: 81
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
The seller was good with communications and after 4-5 emails everything seems to be fleshing out well. Overseas stuff is a little complicated due to the time differences, and I usually don't have any issues... This particular seller kept in touch and I only ever had to look into PayPal and eBay follow-ups; but it's ended up alright. If nothing else the seller, and now the enthusiasts, knows to use a larger box than before. If you order anything from the UK and have the opportunity to request extra packaging materials, also request a slightly larger box, too!
Cool. Good to hear everything has worked out. Excellent advice too.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Good to hear you got a re-fund, sad to hear those lights didn't work out.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.