Engine Mount - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I would be interested, and the front end brace and a front sway bar
+1 here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Well, I understand the concept of going for stiffer engine and transmission mounts in general, but I mean is there something specifically wrong with the stock mount? Like has it been prone to failure or anything? Because IMO, softer rubber mounts are more than appropriate for a FWD economy car of modest power output that only sees street use.
i dont think so, the stock is fine for a car that is being left stock.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Well, I understand the concept of going for stiffer engine and transmission mounts in general, but I mean is there something specifically wrong with the stock mount? Like has it been prone to failure or anything? Because IMO, softer rubber mounts are more than appropriate for a FWD economy car of modest power output that only sees street use.
It depends what you do with your car... This is a very strange forum for me to be apart of. This is the first forum I think I've ever been on where mpg has been discussed. So you sort of have to part the river here. If you are on the ecobox side, this isn't for you. However, if you're on the performance side of things, this will be a great upgrade.

This will help to reduce slop induced by the engine moving around during hard acceleration and braking. It should give the car a more solid feeling and will most likely improve your shifting (manual cars).
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 18 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
It depends what you do with your car... This is a very strange forum for me to be apart of. This is the first forum I think I've ever been on where mpg has been discussed. So you sort of have to part the river here. If you are on the ecobox side, this isn't for you. However, if you're on the performance side of things, this will be a great upgrade.

This will help to reduce slop induced by the engine moving around during hard acceleration and braking. It should give the car a more solid feeling and will most likely improve your shifting (manual cars).
We are a strange lot to some
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 05-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
It depends what you do with your car... This is a very strange forum for me to be apart of. This is the first forum I think I've ever been on where mpg has been discussed. So you sort of have to part the river here. If you are on the ecobox side, this isn't for you.
Not that it would hurt mpg, it just would be a waste of money
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Yeah, I definitely "get" performance mods, but to me upgraded engine mounts are for race cars, not street cars. To each their own, of course - for some, their Focus may be their performance car wheras for me it is the practical family car (already have a "toy"). I was just wondering if their was a defect with the stock mounts.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2005 SILVER ST

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The idea is to make the Focus feel as engaging as possible to drive. (Since they aren't going to be very quick, unless it's an ST, or FI'ed.) So great suspension, a good STS, more solid mounts, makes the car feel much more engaging, A Mazda Miata isn't fast, but is engaging to drive. A focus isn't fast, but both the MKI chassis, and this one, are regarded as excellent handling FWD platforms.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 05-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #18
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'd be interested, definitely. After I did a hard launch in my Focus for the first time the other day, I'd definitely be up for some urethane mounts or better.

Stiffer mounts offer a lot of benefits. Less engine movement all around, usually smoother shifting for manuals, and they usually last longer, too. The biggest downside is the added vibration you might feel. While this doesn't bother me at all, it might be uncomfortable for some.

And yes, all the other parts everyone else mentioned. When are we getting a strut tower bar?!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
The idea is to make the Focus feel as engaging as possible to drive. (Since they aren't going to be very quick, unless it's an ST, or FI'ed.) So great suspension, a good STS, more solid mounts, makes the car feel much more engaging, A Mazda Miata isn't fast, but is engaging to drive. A focus isn't fast, but both the MKI chassis, and this one, are regarded as excellent handling FWD platforms.
Holy hell we finally agree on something. This is exactly why you replace your motor mount.

I was a little bummed when I first picked this car up. It's the slowest car I've ever owned... but a long shot. However, adding a few of these modifications that kyle mentioned, it really improves your driving experience.

No, it's not a race car, but it is a car that can be enjoyable to drive.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
andcool69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90504
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 andcool69 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Haha I agree never have I seen so many people worry about mpg! So strange!!

As for the topic, I think we would be interested. En though the Mazda ones fit. Make it cheaper and I'm sure they will sell!

Sent from my iPhone 4S
http://andcool69.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar

Bookmarks & Social Networks