new TSB 12-5-5 for manual trans focii - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #131
faridk89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100026
What I Drive: 2012 Hatchback SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 faridk89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Mine was built on 4/26. I have very little lag unless I'm running the A/C, and I try so very hard to deal with the heat. I usually don't run A/C unless it's hot and I'm on the interstate.

I do notice a drop in power when it's hot regardless of A/C, but not really a throttle "lag".
That also makes sense, Just got my tints done yesterday so I had to blast the AC or I would of died, guess a combo of AC and extreme heat that effected the power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #132
jrcook
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98525
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Metallic Tint 5D SE

FF Reputation: 1 jrcook Good Standing Member
Just wanted to update my last post...dealer called this morning and said they decided to do the "performance update" and to drive it and let them know if it makes any difference...thanks for the comments.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #133
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeten View Post
Same problem here. I'll take it to another dealer for sure...Now I just have to schedule it in. Watta pain.

Cheers
Beeten -

More pain! What's going on with your ride? Please send me a message with some details.

Quote:
There's a sticker on the driver's door post (hinge side) that will show the month of manufacture.

Or, you can plug your VIN in here, to get a more accurate build date:

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...EE9EA.fcvas505
Quote:
...I have very little lag unless I'm running the A/C, and I try so very hard to deal with the heat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
Thanks guys...So I'm guessing it's because of the 105+ temp :( .... seems like the car just doesn't want to move today
Quote:
...so I had to blast the AC or I would of died, guess a combo of AC and extreme heat that effected the power
TboneZX3, DaeHanL, and faridk89 -

Thanks for sharing the links! You can also check out your window sticker here: http://FordLabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin=. Enter your VIN after the equal sign. At the top and above "BLEND," your build date will be listed by year, month, and day. What's going on with your Focus models when it comes to the A/C?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcook View Post
Just wanted to update my last post...dealer called this morning and said they decided to do the "performance update" and to drive it and let them know if it makes any difference...thanks for the comments.
jrcook -

This is great! When do you plan on picking it up from the dealer?

Please keep me updated on the A/C issues. If anything is out of the ordinary, take it to your dealer for an inspection.

Have a great weekend,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 06-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #134
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
What's going on with your Focus models when it comes to the A/C?
I don't think there's anything going on. We were just discussing the normal drop in power when the A/C is on and it's hot out. Thanks for checking though.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #135
faridk89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100026
What I Drive: 2012 Hatchback SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 faridk89 Good Standing Member
Pretty much what Tbone said, when the A/C is on full blast I lose a lot of power, that and the 105+ weather can't be good for power either
Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #136
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I have a question

Do new cars come updated with this 12-5-5 or is it only for cars that have a problem? I'm wondering what could have changed on my car before having service work done.

Just got my car back yesterday from the shop after having first gear replaced and it's doing the throttle cutoff during launches like it did before the 12-5-5 update. I'm going to call the dealership in the morning to see if after the rebuild they reflashed it back to stock( if that's possible.)
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #137
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
I have a question

Do new cars come updated with this 12-5-5 or is it only for cars that have a problem? I'm wondering what could have changed on my car before having service work done.

Just got my car back yesterday from the shop after having first gear replaced and it's doing the throttle cutoff during launches like it did before the 12-5-5 update. I'm going to call the dealership in the morning to see if after the rebuild they reflashed it back to stock( if that's possible.)
I don't think its possible to revert back to a previous configuration after an update, and all cars built after a certain date have the TSB already integrated into the main configuration along with all other updates and changes applcable up to the build date or batch.. (I don't the remember the date tho). It could be that during the repair the system was reset and it has to relearn everything.. i'd give a few hundred miles for the PCM to go thru a few drive cycles and relearn everything.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #138
empowah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91459
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 1 empowah Good Standing Member
So my car was definitely built before February 2012 (11/8/12), but according to ETIS there are no outstanding field service actions available. My car does exhibit these occasional symptoms, though.

Is this the case for others as well? Is there a definitive list of all TSBs? I tried Googling, but they only show the ones up til January 2012.

My front suspension is noisy as heck, and on another thread there was a 6/27/12 TSB mentioned, but I can't find anything more on that as well.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #139
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
no lists of TSBs. If you have symptoms, take her in for the tsb. My front suspesion is also very noisy/clunky. Would like to know about possible tsb fix.

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #140
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
I don't think there's anything going on. We were just discussing the normal drop in power when the A/C is on and it's hot out. Thanks for checking though.
Quote:
Pretty much what Tbone said, when the A/C is on full blast I lose a lot of power, that and the 105+ weather can't be good for power either
Okay; please keep me in the loop if you two need any assistance. Have you visited your dealers to see if it's a normal operating characteristic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
I have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddz3 View Post
I don't think its possible to revert back to a previous configuration after an update, and all cars built after a certain date have the TSB already integrated into the main configuration along with all other updates and changes applcable up to the build date or batch.. (I don't the remember the date tho). It could be that during the repair the system was reset and it has to relearn everything.. i'd give a few hundred miles for the PCM to go thru a few drive cycles and relearn everything.
New vehicles built after certain dates are up to current specs at that time. What did your dealer say about the transmission? Chaddz3, thanks for bringing up the additional break-in period after the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by empowah View Post
...according to ETIS there are no outstanding field service actions available. My car does exhibit these occasional symptoms, though.

...Is there a definitive list of all TSBs?...

My front suspension is noisy as heck, and on another thread there was a 6/27/12 TSB mentioned, but I can't find anything more on that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
no lists of TSBs. If you have symptoms, take her in for the tsb. My front suspesion is also very noisy/clunky. Would like to know about possible tsb fix.
Hey guys -

Your dealers will have current TSB information. I believe they will have new info on how to diagnose and fix the front-end noise as well. If you'd like, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer; I'll let your Customer Service Managers know about this.

If any of you will be visiting your dealerships soon, these may come in handy when getting routine service: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

From Ford with love,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks