Had to show an srt8 300 what was up today... - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #51
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT

Fan#: 69059
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Can I say that this thread is useless? I've driven an srt8 everything, 99% of all focuses don't stand the slightest chance. people mentioning power to weight also have to remember that there are two variables to that ratio: power and weight. we have no power, but also little weight. you think 100whp/90 wtq is going to take on 400 whp/400 wtq? get real guys. 600 cc motorcycles make more power than focuses do.

Matt

00" Red ZX3: Volant, ported throttle body, titanium wrapped SVT header, 2.5" exhaust, Magnaflow res/muffler, FR UDP, Mac cam gears, Lowered 2", Koni's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #52
Sniper Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84221
What I Drive: '03 SVT EAP "Eurotrish"

FF Reputation: 20 Sniper Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drostedrummer89 View Post
Can I say that this thread is useless? I've driven an srt8 everything, 99% of all focuses don't stand the slightest chance. people mentioning power to weight also have to remember that there are two variables to that ratio: power and weight. we have no power, but also little weight. you think 100whp/90 wtq is going to take on 400 whp/400 wtq? get real guys. 600 cc motorcycles make more power than focuses do.

Matt
Truth. Power to weight isn't everything, its always been about horsepower and getting that horsepower to the ground.

I have and SVT and I don't think of it as a fast car, quick in the turns and a nice DD. I had a nicely built V8 car and my SVTF couldn't hold a candle to it in terms of straight line.

My buddy had a '10 5-speed focus (same year as the op's car) and it was slow as heck when he dropped a gear floored it. I actually said, "That's it?" when he did it. At least my buddy has a turbo Mustang.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #53
jamminsvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61360
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 2 jamminsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
When someone tailgates me it means they want to see my break lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRSST View Post
yup, tailgating means break lights in my book too lol
Which one of you is the 15 min. break and which one is lunch break.
They're BRAKE lights
#783 of 4788
SVTOA Member
MCA Member
"Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan

Old 05-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #54
budpln
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89951
What I Drive: 2008 red ses

FF Reputation: 1 budpln Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
this thread is hilarious.. that being said our cars are made for good mpg not speed, tunning and parts can make them fast. stock srt8 vs stock focus we all know the answer to that.. but any car can be fast with mods and money.. moral of the story to me this kid had fun with his car and wanted to share with all us ff members.. haha please dont lock this thread i cant wait to get the updates via email on this one.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #55
sldghmr
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56236
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF, 2003 F-350, 1967 GT-500

FF Reputation: 6 sldghmr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymes View Post
I blew past a Charger SRT the other day, like he was standing still, the guy couldn't catch me, no chance... and he knew it, cause he kept putting coins in the parking meter.
2nd best in this thread....
Quote:
Is it really racing if there is only 1 participant? I think its just speeding with a false sense of success.
Best of the thread.... I guarantee the OP is still digesting this one....
#449 of 1978 - Black on Black
JRSC w/BBK, McNews's tune, ORP, K&N air, R3d_RovrZX3 3rd brake conversion w/blinkers, FRPP strut tower bar, cross drilled rotors, HPS pads, SS brake lines, lit door locks, Torsen LSD, Centerforce clutch & flywheel...

Old 05-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #56
Sniper Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84221
What I Drive: '03 SVT EAP "Eurotrish"

FF Reputation: 20 Sniper Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
^^^ Two sig worthy quotes right there!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #57
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'm just sitting back laughing at how many are all hemi this and that... guess when you slap a name on something people will believe it. they aren't a true hemi, just a standard ol engine with the name slapped on it. couldn't even touch a true hemi.
and stock for stock the focus could in no way even think of keeping up. modified maybe, but even small mods to an srt will really wake it up.
stock for stock, mod for mod, mod against stock, the focus doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell (unless your running 12's, low 13's).
i wouldn't even try with the boosted svt (ok, i'd try, but i'd also know i'd lose)

Old 05-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #58
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrownfocus View Post
Ok yall need to remember one thing, our foci weigh near to nothing when it comes to power to weight ratio, yes a zx3 or even a svt, with just the littlest mods will add so much and let's think about this most v-8's weigh as much as our front clip from the hood down, so don't be imtimadated by a srt8 or even our big brother the mustang because even our big brother mustang can be smoked by our little but adgile focui, and trust me, I'm on my 8th focus and this one is pushing just under 270hp to the wheels and also haveing an LSD front end helps and its a quiffe if you want to know what I have send me a PM Im not shy about my yellow rocket :-)
Lol.

270WHP out of a Focus is around double the stock figure, man. You wanna be fair? Let the SRT do the same thing. Regardless of what you want to tell yourself...and I'm sure your Focus IS fast, it couldn't stack up against an appropriately modded SRT8. No point in bench racing.

That being said...

Quote:
I blew past a Charger SRT the other day, like he was standing still, the guy couldn't catch me, no chance... and he knew it, cause he kept putting coins in the parking meter.
Best post in the thread. You win one internet, sir.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #59
standard
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72671
What I Drive: wrx

FF Reputation: 2 standard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoAnimal View Post
they aren't a true hemi, just a standard ol engine with the name slapped on it. couldn't even touch a true hemi.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean? Chrysler still does indeed produce real hemispherical engines, which is why they still only get 425HP out of 6.1 liters, and a rather unimpressive 510hp out of 8.3 liters in the Viper. The upcoming Viper will be using an 8.4 liter V10 WITHOUT hemi, and will be expecting to make around 640hp.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #60
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
holy hell this thread gained 4 pages since the last time i viewed it...

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks