2013 Order Guide Released - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #61
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carton132 View Post
So am I interpreting correctly that in order to get fog lights and the 60/40 rear seat in an SE 5-door you'll now have to get the appearance package? Or is it possible that only applies to sedans? Like others in this thread, I'd probably rather avoid 17 inch wheels if possible.

Hmmm. I thought I'd be better off waiting until 2013s started rolling out, but now I'm wondering if I should just jump on a 2012 SE 5-door with the sport and winter packages before its too late. Looking forward to seeing pricing info on the 2013s to help me figure it out; hoping it's not too long of a wait.
Last day to order a 2012 is this Thursday! Pricing for 2013 might not be out by then.

Just got my order in last week for an SE Sport with Winter Package. Stoked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #62
carton132
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98955
What I Drive: 96 Olds Cutlass

FF Reputation: 1 carton132 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Last day to order a 2012 is this Thursday! Pricing for 2013 might not be out by then.

Just got my order in last week for an SE Sport with Winter Package. Stoked!
Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Congrats to you, that's just what I had in mind. There's a blue 5-door in the same set-up nearby...maybe it's time to run over for a second look. We prefer the Red Candy Tinted, but the model we test drove already had 500 miles on it; not interested!

Since ordering would move us past the $1500 incentive window, I might just look at in-stock stuff or wait on 2013s. This is our first new car so we wanna get it right!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #63
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Congrats to you, that's just what I had in mind. There's a blue 5-door in the same set-up nearby...maybe it's time to run over for a second look. We prefer the Red Candy Tinted, but the model we test drove already had 500 miles on it; not interested!

Since ordering would move us past the $1500 incentive window, I might just look at in-stock stuff or wait on 2013s. This is our first new car so we wanna get it right!
Some dealers will lock in incentives. Mine did.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #64
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Quote:
You should get rebate protection (i.e., the rebates at the time of order will apply), so it shouldn't matter if the incentives decrease while you're waiting for the car to be built. In fact, I was promised the greater amount of whatever incentives were in place on the order date or delivery date.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #65
carton132
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98955
What I Drive: 96 Olds Cutlass

FF Reputation: 1 carton132 Good Standing Member
Thanks to nhemti and bimmer-bob. I wasn't aware of this possibility and you may have just saved me $1500. I'll be talking to the dealer about this tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #66
Yak-Attack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96510
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Yak-Attack Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
Although late for me; that is good to know. I asked the first dealer about ordering and they said they couldn't guarantee the incentives - the incentive that would apply is whatever was in place at time of delivery. None the less, I found what I wanted on another dealers lot 40 miles away.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #67
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Quote:
Thanks to nhemti and bimmer-bob. I wasn't aware of this possibility and you may have just saved me $1500. I'll be talking to the dealer about this tomorrow.
If your local dealer won't work with you on this (mine wouldn't, and I think they were trying to talk me out of ordering versus buying something off their lot ASAP) you should get in touch with imccrea (user on FF who posted the order guide at the beginning of this thread).
Old 05-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #68
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
So am I interpreting correctly that in order to get fog lights and the 60/40 rear seat in an SE 5-door you'll now have to get the appearance package? Or is it possible that only applies to sedans? Like others in this thread, I'd probably rather avoid 17 inch wheels if possible.
Yes, to get those on sedan or hatch you have to option the appearance package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
You should get rebate protection (i.e., the rebates at the time of order will apply), so it shouldn't matter if the incentives decrease while you're waiting for the car to be built. In fact, I was promised the greater amount of whatever incentives were in place on the order date or delivery date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak-Attack View Post
Although late for me; that is good to know. I asked the first dealer about ordering and they said they couldn't guarantee the incentives - the incentive that would apply is whatever was in place at time of delivery. None the less, I found what I wanted on another dealers lot 40 miles away.
Only certain dealers can lock in price protection. The best thing to do is get it in writing when you order the car.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #69
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Yes, to get those on sedan or hatch you have to option the appearance package.

Only certain dealers can lock in price protection. The best thing to do is get it in writing when you order the car.
I wonder why only certain dealers can lock in incentives. Does it have to do with volume?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #70
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterH View Post
I wonder why only certain dealers can lock in incentives. Does it have to do with volume?
All dealers have certain standings and classifications within Ford. Those determine whether they can provide price protection or not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->