2013 Order Guide Released - Page 20 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #191
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
The focus can command higher prices simply because it's a higher class car compared to the competition.

They have every right to charge more, American cheapness be damned.
I agree with you to a point - the problem is, the 2013 Focus seems to be more expensive than the outgoing 2012 with not much (if any) more content.

But, maybe Ford has the sales to back this up. I doubt that make these kinds of decisions without data of some sort.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #192
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
I agree with you to a point - the problem is, the 2013 Focus seems to be more expensive than the outgoing 2012 with not much (if any) more content.

But, maybe Ford has the sales to back this up. I doubt that make these kinds of decisions without data of some sort.
I'd guess they've realized transaction prices are higher and have thrown around packages and trims to better match their sales

Gotta say I've seen a lot more 2012s in the last few months then I did all of last year, a significant amount in fact, so something is going right.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #193
red2009se

Fan#: 79513
What I Drive: car

FF Reputation: 1 red2009se Good Standing Member
First of all, is that SE Ap. package price confirmed? Or just speculation?

And the $240 increase can be bargained down, with the dealer to get a lower price. Who pays full sticker?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #194
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 11,785, Level 71
Points: 11,785, Level: 71 Points: 11,785, Level: 71 Points: 11,785, Level: 71
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Wow, so for the SE customer you cannot have as a separate option package
-Sony & MFT package
or
-SE Black Pack
Either one requires the SE Appearance Package

Customer to salesperson - I would like to purchase the SE hatch with Black Pac, the price should be 19,200 + 795 =$19,995 plus etc right?
Salesperson to customer - No that is not correct, the price will be $22,635 plus etc.
Customer please explain why this difference
Salesperson, well for you to get the Black Pak you must also purchase the Appearance Package which costs $2,610.00, but we will give you a discount of -$110.00 to soften the blow.
Customer leaves dealership , salesperson happy with the ease of ordering 2013 Focus, pissed he lost another client.
Same scenario for the guy wanting an SE with the MFT. The Sony & MFT package in itself is not a bad price $1,495.00 , until you are forced to add the extra $2,610.00 to get it.

Nicely done Ford N.A.

So your only choice if you want cloth seats is a base SE. Albeit with extra stuff.
But if you want rear disc brakes for example on your SE, you might as well just buy the Titanium, because you are forced to take most of what is in a base Titanium anyway, just to get rear disc brakes.

Shame they dumped the Sport Package, this was the golden package for the sporty driver oriented Focus.
But alas, Ford N.A does not want or at least it looks like they do not want to market the Focus as their sporty, drivers car. Now you get an appearance package, which is fine and dandy, but the words Sport (package) is a no brainer for what the Focus exudes.

I suppose in the minds of some inside Ford, they figured we are launching the ST, so who needs any relevance to the perception of sporty to the non-ST Focus variants.

Your poor bastards, Ford N.A finally brings you the real Focus and then you in the wallet just after one year.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #195
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
I honestly think they're trying to move the Focus upmarket and differentiate it more, price-wise, from the Fiesta. For 2012, a Fiesta SES was virtually the same price as a Focus SE Sport. Sure, the Fiesta SES had leather, push-button start, and probably a few other baubles - but it was still a lot less car, IMO.
True but it's not just the Fiesta. I think they think that with the new Fusion and Escape coming in they won't have to discount those so much to sell them, which pushes their prices down into Focus territory. They anticipated getting much higher transaction prices for those 2 new cars which (they think) means they can get more for the Focus. But whether they can command an even higher premium over the Focus's direct compact competition is doubtful.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #196
kam327
-----<M>-----

Points 6,565, Level 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by red2009se View Post
And the $240 increase can be bargained down, with the dealer to get a lower price. Who pays full sticker?
Yeah but you can bargain down the '12 as well, even more most likely. So you're still going to spend over $200 more, for actually less content IMO.

Quote:
I'd guess they've realized transaction prices are higher and have thrown around packages and trims to better match their sales

Gotta say I've seen a lot more 2012s in the last few months then I did all of last year, a significant amount in fact, so something is going right.
You're forgetting the huge $2,000 rebate for 3 months it took to put the Focus on top in sales. I posted elsewhere that once they discontinued that rebate sales dropped by a third to 3rd or 4th place. That's why there are so many on the road now. And that's why I bought a brand new one instead of a lightly used one.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #197
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Yeah but you can bargain down the '12 as well, even more most likely. So you're still going to spend over $200 more, for actually less content IMO.

You're forgetting the huge $2,000 rebate for 3 months it took to put the Focus on top in sales. I posted elsewhere that once they discontinued that rebate sales dropped by a third to 3rd or 4th place. That's why there are so many on the road now. And that's why I bought a brand new one instead of a lightly used one.
I actually had no idea about those rebates.

When I got my Focus I wasn't even planning on going used but for 24K CAD there was a Candy Blue Titanium with everything except the 18" rims (honestly, I can still get the dealer to add the rims alone so I'm not concerned about that) and I figured oh hell, why not? It had 8000kms, still smelt new and I struggled to find a single area of the car that looked 'used' at all.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #198
kam327
-----<M>-----

Points 6,565, Level 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
I actually had no idea about those rebates.

When I got my Focus I wasn't even planning on going used but for 24K CAD there was a Candy Blue Titanium with everything except the 18" rims (honestly, I can still get the dealer to add the rims alone so I'm not concerned about that) and I figured oh hell, why not? It had 8000kms, still smelt new and I struggled to find a single area of the car that looked 'used' at all.
Yeah they had to effectively slash the price in order to move them.

Still smelled new eh? I'm ticked that my car's new car smell is almost gone after only 3 1/2 months....
Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #199
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Yeah they had to effectively slash the price in order to move them.

Still smelled new eh? I'm ticked that my car's new car smell is almost gone after only 3 1/2 months....
Gotta be honest it is now at 13000km and while I can't smell it at all, my smelling senses are that bad,but people still say it has that new car smell

Old 05-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #200
Pretherius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97062
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan 5-Spd Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Pretherius Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
But think about it this way guys and gals... You're paying more for a car without year 1 problems ;) LOL
Sucks if you consider all of us 2012 owners who haven't had any problems. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I do not think you are missing anything else. You are correct that Ford is trying to push the Focus upmarket. However, many people still think of Ford as a budget brand so I would say good luck with that.

One of the few bright things about the 2013's option list is that the SFE package is $95 (because you lose alloys for steels). Though if you get that package, you are limited on other options. Also a stripped down SYNC can be installed in the "S" for about $295 (or so).
I'm not going to be in the market for a 2013 so I don't have much stake in the debate, but I generally agree with others that the changes for '13 are largely not good ideas on Ford's part. Granted, I'm more of a function-over-style kind of person, and I bought a 5-speed SE sedan with the cruise package, so this is a pretty stripped down car as they go.

However, the fact that you can buy a Ford compact costing well over $25,000 is amazing to me, honestly. These cars were -already- priced upscale for 2012. Sorry but if it weren't for the $2,500 in rebates I picked up in March I'd be driving a 2012 Elantra right now.

I hate the interior of that stupid Dodge Dart and I think Chryslers are generally pretty crappy cars, but the way they're doing more a la carte options is beating Ford by a mile. I had to get map lights and a perimeter alarm just to get cruise; that's freakin' stupid. 3 features that are completely unrelated get packed together to justify a $400 price tag for cruise control plus a couple extremely minor features that cost Ford a few dollars in parts and wiring to add.

And now for 2013 if I want rear discs on a lower trim model--of all the simple desires--I'm looking at $2,500 appearance package? WTF?!

Quote:

I don't know, man. I've worked at big companies long enough to see that some pretty serious decisions get made without the data and information to back it up.

I can promise you that Mulally wasn't involved in the decision how to package or price leather seating or map lights, for example.

Quote:
Same here. Saw loads more Focuses and Fiestas in the past couple of months.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.